Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
De-Customize New World
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

De-Customize New World

I've been doing some of the New World Quests over the last day or two and some of them are actually interesting.??But because of some custom changes heRO has made to the monsters in the new world (as well as how many monsters are on each map) it's hard for an 8x trans character (who can kill some mobs but can't handle large groups) to complete some of these quests.

For example, in the official (non-renewal) version of Splendide 2 there are: 15 Luciola Vespa and 95 Pinguicula.??In the heRO version of Splendide 2 there are: 45 Luciola Vespa, 105 Pinguicula, 20 Naga, 15 Cornus.??

I'm not sure why these changes were implemented initially but they make it substantially more annoying to try to complete these quests.??On top of simple changes in number and types of mobs these monsters are completely changed from their non-renewal official versions.??

Official Luciola Vespa is meant to be a pain to kill and it hits hard and fast, but it doesn't constantly lay down venom dust nor does it have snap that it uses almost constantly.??

Official Pinguicula was supposed to be Earth 3 and have 25 DEF/5 MDEF.??heRO's version is Holy 1 and has 30 DEF/30 MDEF.??This means instead of taking 200% damage from fire and having low MDEF it takes 75% from elemental damage and has moderate MDEF.??And it only takes increased damage from shadow (and then 125% instead of 200%).

Again, I don't know why these customizations were made in the first place - maybe there's really good reason.??But it basically just seems like these monsters were increased / changed arbitrarily and it makes doing the quests way more annoying than they would be otherwise.

My suggestion is that even if you want to keep the custom version of the monsters stats/elements can we put their numbers at what they were intended to be? Having more than double the amount of obnoxious bees on the first map into Splendide is frustrating.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2013 11:50 AM by azurerogue.)
06-05-2013 11:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mr. Charcanine Offline
PKMN MASTER

RE: De-Customize New World

Just to add to this.

Are we also gonna see the New World (& Guild Dungeon) cards? (the 10% Magic DMG to race) I'm just curious Thinking

06-05-2013 12:16 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

I'd not mind the monsters being their official selves, or at least changed to the proper elements they normally are.

If only Pinguicula were earth, then I could train my ninja to 99. Icon_sad

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
06-05-2013 08:43 PM
formerGM-Lassander Offline

So, I wasn't a anything GMy or Interny at the time the new worlds got released, but that was around the time that eAthena started to really go down hill. Anyways, eAthena took it's sweet time to release anything with the new world, and people on HeRO wanted it, so a custom version was created for HeRO, in order to provide a new experience.

Now as an intern my knowledge of what's going on in the future isn't very good, frankly I don't even know if I'll become a full GM. However, I can speculate that there may be a SVN update sometime soon, and that would provide a good opportunity to move to the official new world, that is, if Pandora/far more senior staff then me want it to.

[Image: 2znn2u8.jpg]

Thanks to Mr. Charcanine for the signature.
06-05-2013 09:43 PM
Weapon Offline
The Family Jewels

The monsters are like this because GM-Aki (Or was it GM-Ayu? I forget, they were pretty much the same, whatever ?U) made the custom-maps happen and s/he had a very sadistic, "bet'cha gonna have trouble with THIS!" Icon_twisted ...approach to the game in terms of difficulty-level, which made wandering alone in new world lots more difficult--if not severely annoying--than the official version, I assumed it was meant to compensate for how RO-New-World was likely meant with renewal mechanics/overpowered characters in mind.
06-05-2013 11:34 PM
Shaolan Offline

Am i stupid or am i the only one who thinks, that our New World is way easier?

Shaolan - Whitesmith - 99/70
Ladislaus - High Wizard - 97/70
-Duran- - Paladin - 87/60
-Daichi- - Clown - 98/70
Dorcas - Creator - 82/50
Edgey - Rogue - 99/50
06-05-2013 11:42 PM
Mr. Charcanine Offline
PKMN MASTER

Wait, correct me if I'm wrong.

The official New World was meant for over-powered renewal characters so to compensate for the less-powered non-renewal characters...we made it harder? Thinking

06-06-2013 12:55 AM
formerGM-Lassander Offline

RE:??De-Customize New World

Mr. Charcanine Wrote:Wait, correct me if I'm wrong.

The official New World was meant for over-powered renewal characters so to compensate for the less-powered non-renewal characters...we made it harder? Thinking

Correcting, although I'm not sure you're really wrong.

Renewal and pre-renewal systems aren't really compatible, The version of new world most people think of as official at this point is meant for trans characters. I'd think they made it harder to encourage partying to get the latest greatest gear.

[Image: 2znn2u8.jpg]

Thanks to Mr. Charcanine for the signature.
06-06-2013 01:04 PM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

RE:??De-Customize New World

Shaolan Wrote:Am i stupid or am i the only one who thinks, that our New World is way easier?

It kind of depends on your character. I mean, in some respects our NW is particularly easy. I can run around on my Creator and one-shot almost everything in the NW other than Hardrock and Tendrillion. So having different numbers/stats don't matter to me.

But Splendide Field 2 for regular non-renewal is a great leveling place for fast-casting fire stuff (as long as you avoid the 15 Luciola Vespa). On heRO it's not even an option because they're not earth and there's tons of monsters.

Thanks for the response, though, Lassander. Appreciate it and I do sort of remember that New World wasn't out so we made our own. It was greatly appreciated at the time I'm sure. And, to be fair, I just got a group of people to help me out and I'm fine now. But a quest that simply requires getting to an NPC on a normally sparsely populated map shouldn't be so frustrating :D

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
06-06-2013 01:26 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

I'll definately think about it, as for the sadistic GM, that was Ayu of course Icon_razz

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
06-06-2013 03:18 PM