Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Any Active Roleplayers Still Here?
Harmony Offline

Any Active Roleplayers Still Here?

This part of the forums seems pretty dead, unfortunately.

But I would like to say that I'm very interested in RPing on this server and there a number of different characters I have that I may play.

So the question is as the thread subject says: Do people still roleplay here? Is there a time setup or a plot or something we could work out to make this happen?

If not, I won't push it (since I'm pretty poor at organizing, myself), but I do admit that it was one of the things that originally attracted me to the server.

[Image: melrosecolorfinalfortum.gif]

[Image: eq9nrt.jpg]

Animated signature by: Me
Sprite signature by: Reni
06-06-2013 10:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mr. Charcanine Offline
PKMN MASTER

RE: Any Active Roleplayers Still Here?

There used to be a big roleplaying scene here before from what I've heard/seen (I wasn't here yet then). However, that number has dwindled down to Light vs. Dark Trial of Heroes, the occasional Werewolf, and a few people here and there willing to RP.

I have seen some efforts to try to bring it back up, but most kinda just...stopped. Probably because of the lack of support from active RPers.

I definitely think there are a lot more RPers in the server than it seems (I know a few) but I think it's the lack of organization that's the issue. I think if a new Roleplay GM were to pick up the storyline and create something new and interesting, then it can start growing again.

06-06-2013 10:45 AM
Mr. Charcanine Offline
PKMN MASTER

Also, to answer the other question,

There is a plot deep in this section in the forums about the Chronicles of Heroes. I believe its also on the wiki. If someone were to pick it up, I think it has potential to be ossim.Icon_biggrin

06-06-2013 11:54 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

I was one of the main characters in the RP storyline back in 2008 or so. :>

Anyway, I was going to be a background character more in the second arc, but it never happened.

I have two characters whom have serious stories here on heRO, and one more that I can goof around on.

Alas, I'm not that active anymore, but if you happen to see me in game, feel free to PM me to roleplay.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
06-06-2013 07:11 PM
Nachi Offline

Hm... o__o
I wonder how you even roleplay on RO. It seems that you would be kinda limited in your actions, after all you only have the skills and abilities you need to fight (monsters or players)...

Or is this a solely text-based thing, like you walk up to somebody and say "[my char] is now doing this and that"? xD

I've thought about it a few times, but i can't really imagine what RO roleplay would look like. Maybe it's all about getting creative with whatever actions you can do. I'd sure like to see something like that in action.
06-07-2013 11:44 AM
Sen Offline
Arcana Gala

My Answer: There are still some roleplayers on here, but I don't think they're that active. However, if there were to be a planned RP event, I will do my best to make myself free on that day, if and only if it falls on thurs. and fridays though. Surely we could work out on a time and plot for it, if there were people who are sure to come, which is kind of hard since people have different timezones and whatnot.

------

For how roleplay on RO is- I've always thought that people go around walking in their chars, maybe they're in a party or so, and if they meet a strong monster or arrive at their destination one will go "Okay! We have arrived at the bla bla! Take cover!" or something like that. Maybe they also roleplay while doing actions. But I think the type of sitting down or opening a chat is more common.

I'm not big on roleplaying(actually I've never done it before), but the idea of roleplay on RO is actually very interesting and if I were given a chance to do it, with my new busy schedule and whatnot, I would take it.

RO has a wide selection of storylines to pick up/play with and there is the Light&Dark Allegiances, TOH, Fairyland (idek), and the multiple quests in RO that can be used as rp material. If someone were to make an rp/story that involves player characters in the Biolab era or while it was taking place, I would run like a wild dog for a position (even though I am so inexperienced).

Yes, I do agree that the roleplay community is not that big or alive anymore since the only roleplay we get on here at times is either something Light&Dark related (which is good actually, if it happens anyways) and Werewolf. There is a Werewolf event this June 13th, I think. I've always enjoyed those. You should definitely come if your schedule allows you to.

And indeed, the Light & Dark Allegiance sounded so fascinating to me when I first came on here, but I haven't experienced much of it aside from the mini-allegiance related quests and TOH (which I only attended once due to lack of time). If someone were to expand it more, it would be nice.

EDIT: I almost forgot to answer your question lol.

[Image: c6wglkt.gif]
Arcana Gala : thread &tumblr
Send me a pm!

(This post was last modified: 06-07-2013 12:20 PM by Sen.)
06-07-2013 12:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

I roleplayed with a few people in guild chat but also in the gm hosted events.

Generally we just played off of each other's personalities. You kind of gotta build that and a little backstory that could fit into already known lore though.

I did not do a ton of monster fighting when roleplaying, as most monsters tend to be aggressive in the game at high levels making it hard to converse and build story. That is not to say it cannot happen, it is just harder.

06-07-2013 02:13 PM
Harmony Offline

Hm, this is just a suggestion, but what might be fun is to make a group of novices for the purpose of RPing (not giving them special items/gears that make them much more powerful, etc). And instead of finding 'fast' ways to level, have the group grow and level together in different dungeons and places after they meet and face challenges together---I think this would be feasible to do on a low-rate server. And it would also give ample opportunity for the characters to get to know each other and form bonds/relationships!

While I have RPed on RO before, I haven't done a LOT of it. Some back on iRO all the way back in 2004, and bits and pieces on other servers. But to give you an idea of sorta what it was like on a high-rate server for us RPing on RO itself, I have this video I made from a FRAPS recording (though I forgot to put effects on at the time): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3p3z9P37lA

It was an amateur RP and we didn't have any outside help from GMs and such, but the group itself was pretty fun. The biggest problem was that we really did have too easy of a time with monsters, since it was high-rate. But I think that would be a lot easier with a low-rate server, as far as monster-fighting goes.

Anyway, any thoughts on having the novices...? Or perhaps skip the novice stage and do first classers? That might work better. And I realize that would eliminate some of the backstory potential, but that could be fun in its own right, in my opinion.

[Image: melrosecolorfinalfortum.gif]

[Image: eq9nrt.jpg]

Animated signature by: Me
Sprite signature by: Reni
(This post was last modified: 06-07-2013 03:38 PM by Harmony.)
06-07-2013 03:32 PM
GM-Rahice Offline
The Malevolent Queen Maleficent

You could develop from a Novice stage, plan to meet up outside of the RP in the Training Grounds, you guys would get a little RPing there, and then you'd be separated to go to your own towns (or same) depending on the class you become, you can then split up (if you have 4 people or more than 2) -

Let's say you have friends who will become an Acolyte and an Archer, but you also have friends who's becoming a Mage and a Thief.

Due to Satan Morroc's destruction of some Morroc Maps, it's disabled the walk from Prontera to Morroc. (just for fun) pretend that the Acolyte and Thief were going to meet up with one another, but while walking to Morroc, you meet the Archer who is walking to Payon. You find that you can't get to Morroc this way! (Well, there's an adventure for two friends already starting..)

Vise versa for the other side, who is unable to get to Prontera right off the bat and get to the Acolyte friend. You now have 2 groups of friends who are trying to achieve a small goal and are needing to grind to get zeny. (Go to Geffen for Roda Frogs and Ambernites or go to Morroc for Muka and Hodes? ) While the others are also gathering zeny and exploring (Wolves, Smokies, Payon Cave).

That alone could be the spark of an RP. (I RP, can you tell? Hah!)

[Image: Rahice.gif]
Thank you Ren for the Signature!
06-07-2013 07:32 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

I don't really have any character slots on my main accounts, and would really prefer not to make a new character.

Just hard for me with the limited time I feel I have. x3

06-07-2013 09:31 PM