Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Any Active Roleplayers Still Here?
Harmony Offline

RE: Any Active Roleplayers Still Here?

Hm, this is just a suggestion, but what might be fun is to make a group of novices for the purpose of RPing (not giving them special items/gears that make them much more powerful, etc). And instead of finding 'fast' ways to level, have the group grow and level together in different dungeons and places after they meet and face challenges together---I think this would be feasible to do on a low-rate server. And it would also give ample opportunity for the characters to get to know each other and form bonds/relationships!

While I have RPed on RO before, I haven't done a LOT of it. Some back on iRO all the way back in 2004, and bits and pieces on other servers. But to give you an idea of sorta what it was like on a high-rate server for us RPing on RO itself, I have this video I made from a FRAPS recording (though I forgot to put effects on at the time): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3p3z9P37lA

It was an amateur RP and we didn't have any outside help from GMs and such, but the group itself was pretty fun. The biggest problem was that we really did have too easy of a time with monsters, since it was high-rate. But I think that would be a lot easier with a low-rate server, as far as monster-fighting goes.

Anyway, any thoughts on having the novices...? Or perhaps skip the novice stage and do first classers? That might work better. And I realize that would eliminate some of the backstory potential, but that could be fun in its own right, in my opinion.

[Image: melrosecolorfinalfortum.gif]

[Image: eq9nrt.jpg]

Animated signature by: Me
Sprite signature by: Reni
(This post was last modified: 06-07-2013 03:38 PM by Harmony.)
06-07-2013 03:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any Active Roleplayers Still Here? - Harmony - 06-07-2013 03:32 PM