Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Fixed]Window Too Small
Mhalicot Offline

[Fixed]Window Too Small

If your computer have never had a copy of any version of RO installed or reformatted computer, you will likely missing some registry entries such as the default width and height of the game window.
showing like this:
[Image: dzjo8y.jpg]

Solution:

WARNING!!
Playing with regedit can damage your windows if you are not being careful of what you are doing!! If you want to use this method, be careful to just change the values in here told to! If you want, create a System Restore Point just in case of something bad happens.??If you don't know how to use regedit then don't touch it!!

Quote:If your Setup.exe doesn't work/open and there is no HEIGHT and WIDTH values at regedit in the following addresses:

32-bit Win OS: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Gravity Soft\Ragnarok
64-bit Win OS: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Gravity Soft\Ragnarok
Then just add it your self.

Right click > New > DWORD type > HEIGHT > Select the Decimal option for Base, Enter values with double click, then click Okay.
Right click > New > DWORD type > WIDTH > Select the Decimal option for Base, Enter values with double click, then click Okay.

Or play it in Full Screen Icon_smile

Credit: Triper
Detailed Info
(This post was last modified: 06-15-2013 10:30 PM by Mhalicot.)
06-15-2013 09:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Laenaya Offline
Where's my flyswatter?!

RE: [Fixed]Window Too Small

Instead of playing with something dangerous like that, you can do something simpler and safer.

Click here and download an older version of "Setup.exe". For some reason most people not playing on kRO (or official servers in general?) have trouble with the current version of this program, mainly on Win7 and Win8.

1- Extract that version of "Setup.exe" into your heRO folder
2- Right click your "Setup.exe", go to "Properties" and then to the "Compatibility" tab, check the option "Run this program in compatibility mode" and choose "Windows XP (SP 3), check "Run this program as administrator" as well
3- Repeat this with "heROpatcher.exe" and "heRO.exe"
4- Run your "Setup.exe" and set appropriate screen resolution and graphics card

After this, make sure you run heROpatcher and let it fully update. With these simple steps you should be ready to play.

[Image: CWsTYo5.png]
Dem friends!
06-15-2013 10:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mhalicot Offline

:3 Unfortunately I've tried what you said early, but it ends up with no change at all for me, so I'll found this alternative solution Icon_biggrin

that might work for sure..
06-15-2013 10:36 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sen Offline
Arcana Gala

I freaking love your picture Laenaya, I have been staring at it for like 4 minutes now

I don't have much to say but that, heeee-

I've stumbled upon threads like these but usually the one Laenaya posted works fine for most, I don't know about yours Mhali. Haven't seen a method like that being suggested, but if it works for you, I guess it can work for the others that have really stubborn RO.

[Image: c6wglkt.gif]
Arcana Gala : thread &tumblr
Send me a pm!

06-16-2013 09:27 AM
Mhalicot Offline

Yeahh.. after downloaded tons of setup.exe unfortunately didn't fix my prob., I figured out this manuaL method that works fine and I can my manipulate registry because of my experience Icon_wink
06-16-2013 09:58 AM
Laenaya Offline
Where's my flyswatter?!

One last thing I haven't mentioned: avoid installing RO in "Program Files". If you did, move it to your desktop or any personal folders (mainly if you're using Windows 8).

I wouldn't know details, but Win8 seems to have some security rules, or whatever, and won't grant full privileges to "Setup.exe" when it's in "Program Files", even when you give it compatibility and administrator privileges.

[Image: CWsTYo5.png]
Dem friends!
06-16-2013 11:45 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mhalicot Offline

Thanks for the Info.. I already Installed it at "D:\Program Files (x86)\Gravity\RO" w/o error or any issue at all.. I am using Windows 7 Ultimate and planning to downgrade OS to Windows 7 Arc Gamer Icon_biggrin..

Edit: Ops BTW.. I down want to use window 8 OS, because that OS fit for business people I guess Icon_smile.
(This post was last modified: 06-16-2013 12:06 PM by Mhalicot.)
06-16-2013 11:59 AM