Item Trial was too hard
Item Trial was balanced
Item Trial was too easy
Trivia was too hard
Trivia was balanced
Trivia was too easy
I love ToH!!
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Trials of heroes for June 2013 Feedback Thread
Former-GM-Kaenec Offline

Trials of heroes for June 2013 Feedback Thread

Trials of heroes for June 2013

Host: GM-Patton and GM-Kaenec

Monsters:
-10x Dark Pinguicula
-7x Seeker
-5x Garden Watcher
-3x Skoll Pup
-1x Thanatos Dolor

Items:
-16x Flower of Lady
-16x Pirate Treasure Chest
-18x Blue Hair Lock
-6x Fancy Robe
-14x Smelly Cheese

Trivia:
1. How many seconds does the guild skill Battle Orders last? 180 or onehundredeighty

2. Name one of the two Knight Class skills the monster Naga casts. pierce or brandish spear

3. How many different cards does the skill Tarot Card of Fate have? 14 or fourteen

4. What item procs/auto-casts Level 3 Turn Undead? grand cross

5. Who do you speak to start the Peace for Arunafeltz Quest? foreign merchant or merchant

6. In the Bruspetti Quest, how did Bruspetti die? (Bonus) drowned or suicided

Mass Battle:
Dark Won (2-0)
13 Dark Heroes vs 13 Light Heroes (approx)

Total: 29
Dark Players: 14
Light Players: 15

Duration: 2H45M

Thank you everyone for being patient and understanding Icon_smile

[Image: dzxm42.jpg]
Thank you Mr. Charcanine for the signature!
06-29-2013 04:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
yacsef Offline
Kappa

RE: Trials of heroes for June 2013 Feedback Thread

It was pretty balanced the whole ToH. BUT, 1 dark pingicula is harder than a thanatos dolor, which is supposed to be the hardest of monster trial =p.
06-29-2013 08:52 PM
Nachi Offline

Well... altogether the ToH was nice, there's just two things that bugged me.
The first thing were the dark pinguiculas in the first round of monster trial. I'm certain there were more people like me who thought "It's the first round and there are 10 monsters, they're probably manageable." So I got pwned trying to fight them. It wasn't such a big deal, as Panda gave me 5 points anyway, but please don't do something like this in future ToHs.
You might think "But if it's random it is more fun!", however people take the number of the round as a factor in whether they should try to fight or run (at least I do) and failing at monster trial is not fun. :/
If you really want to make it random, at least say at the beginning: "This time the monster difficulty in rounds will be random." Then everybody knows where they're at.

And then those Blue hair locks... I dunno, but I killed about 45 Thanas and didn't get a single one. And we were supposed to collect 18? I realize it isn't impossible, because I saw one person actually get 18 (or more), but I also saw people with 0-4 or so. XD
There isn't something wrong with the drop rate, is there? >__>

Personally I'm frustrated this time as i got 67 points. I even knew one of the trivia answers, but i overthought it like "No, it can't be that number because X and Y, so why don't i try this number instead?" That was quite the self-pwn.
Oh, about the trivia btw. XD
I can't help but say this, for the last question it seems one of the expected answers was "suicided". I'm certain the correct answer would be "suicide". My cellphone's dictionary doesn't even know the word "suicided" and puts red lines under it. Lol! ^^
I'm sorry for the people who typed in suicide, fortunately I didn't try that. .__."
06-30-2013 05:32 AM
Session Offline
Formerly known as Tak.

ToH was kinda fun, but also more stressful than it was worth for the time I put into it. During the Monster Trial I did not get to attempt room 1, but was rewarded 10 points for the malfunction that happened so that was alright, although the 15 minute wait wasn't all too entertaining, it was understandable.

The item trial was easy enough, I suppose. I got the first two pretty fast, and once I finally found the fancy robe npc I was able to make two robes, and almost had a third before it timed out. I was doubling back to the npc for it, so being warped out without it being counted really irked me as it would have made up for my deficit with the blue hair locks, which only came up to a total of three or four, despite killing at least 30-40 thanatos. I'd think a 12% rate [according to @mi} would drop them a bit more often than that, but I digress.

My main complaint, I guess it can be called, is that I also tried answering "suicide" on the Bruspetti part. I even tried answering "Knife" just in case there was a mistake. Then, during the Dark vs Light mass battle, dark *really* took it home with a 2 over 0 win.

I came up at 69 points, and won't have an opportunity to play HeRo for quite some time beyond this weekend. In three instances [Item trial, bruspetti trivia, mass battle reallllly should reward for such a well played win imo] I could have gotten a few points that would have put me over, finally getting my first wings after all this time.

The efforts put in by Kaenec and Patton are deeply appreciated on my behalf, but I found this ToH more tedious and bothersome than I had any attempts in the past. Bearing in mind I've only attempted but a few times.
Ending up depressed over a single point, over said reasons above...was unfun. The consolation prize only managed to rub it in my face.

My Shop/Buylist- Angel's Branch of HeRo
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=23468

Ign:
High Priest- Akharamizu-Leader of Transcension
Assassin Cross- DownfallenAngel
High Wizard- Session
To-Be SinX2- Tithe
Rogue- Anzkhel
Errende- Hunter
Gunslinger- Ancele
Soullinker- Jonag

I used to have a comment here. I still do, but I used to do, too.
06-30-2013 06:59 AM
Kittie Offline
Cheshire Cat

Well as far as i know/heard from the GMs there is no rule or anything for how monster trials should be :o

If i remember correct i heard a few times that "the first round isn't necessary the easiest and the 5th isn't always the hardest". I guess you could see it as a challenge where you are never sure what you're up against instead of from "easy to harder" type of rounds. Personally i never have any expectations from monster trails and just see what i'm up against when i enter the portal. I think its mostly the players that believe its from easy to hard but there are no specifications about that on the wiki nor the forums o.o

Pinkies sucked though but mostly because they have high Mdef (60) and only 20 vit so for me as creator they where kinda hard xD I misclicked and killed my homun, then ran into 3-4 at one time and died. If it wasn't for those extra points Panda gave us i would have ended with 35 points because i ran away from the Dolor XD Overall a lot of people would have probably managed to make about that amount of points if it wasn't for the extra points from Panda. I ended up with 50 because of that.

As another note, may i say that i find it extremely rude how some players react to 'mistakes' and some problems that happened. Sorry but honestly the GMs spend a lot of their time to events like these and shit happens but i don't see any reason why anyone thinks they can be a jerk about it :/ Be glad ToH is so short nowadays and that it still happens *remembers ToH's up to 6 hours and more*. /endofrant.

At first i was a little bit intimidated by the amount of items we had to gather because it was so divers and from so many monsters. However i was even more surprised when i managed to get 45 points because i never expected to get past 30. It seems a lot of people ended up around 20-35ish points.

PvP was fun, i joined in to help out with the battles. It was really enjoyable even though i don't like PvP.

Trivia was in my opinion balanced because i never assume to get more then 1-2 questions correct. Though i did think the last bonus one was a bit weird with the "suicided", while typing it doesn't show it as correct even now XD Though English isn't my first language i always thought it was "she committed suicide last year" and not "she suicided last year" but maybe that's me.

All in all i think it was a balanced ToH, i ended up with 120 points.
I felt so bad for one person in my team who missed 1 point >< I wish you could donate 1 point to someone from the same alliance if you wanted to.

Thanks for the hard work you guys Icon_smile

Time zone GTM+1

Kittie- 99/70 Brewer Creator
Do a Little Dance 99/70 WoE Gypsy

[Image: nz0mqx.jpg]
06-30-2013 07:20 AM
Nachi Offline

You're right, easy->hard is not official for the monster trial. It's just the way it usually is. Apart from the first round, this ToH seemed to follow that pattern, as did most of the other monster trials I've been to. If monster trials go from easy to hard rounds like 80% of the time, it doesn't seem unreasonable to have expectations.

Um, while this is a lot of criticism, I hope Kaenec and Patton don't take it too hard. xD
Apart from the things I've mentioned, I thought it was a good ToH.

Maybe they should try improving that monster trial monster spawning though. From the 3 or 4 ToHs I was at there was at least one other where there was some hiccup and waiting for it to be fixed by Pandora. XD
It wasn't a problem for me, as I came with plenty of time, just thought I should say something about it. Icon_wink
06-30-2013 08:47 AM
demishock Offline
Natural Selection

Way to go, dark! \o/ Thanks for the cheaper warp NPC. :3

Re: the "suicide" vs "suicided" debate, the noun "suicide" is mostly used with the verb "commit(ted)", like in Kittie's example. It can be used alone in ways like, "This was a suicide, not a murder," but the only place I've ever seen anyone say, "She suicided" is here on RO from people fighting Sohees. >.>; Generally, rather than, "she suicided," it'd be, "she killed herself," or, "she took her own life."

tl;dr: it's a noun, not a verb, same as "homicide" (you'd say someone committed homicide, not that they "homicided").

I don't know anything about the ToH mechanics behind the scenes, but it does seem to be a tough event overall to pull off without a hitch. I don't think I've ever been to one where there wasn't SOME kind of snag (and I've been to at least 15), so 2hr45m sounds like a pretty quick one to me!

To help:
Join Test & Dev and/or our heRO wiki
Apply to be a GM or mod
Vote and Review

For help:
Submit a support ticket
Check the heRO wiki

[Image: 29bnhpd.jpg]
06-30-2013 01:48 PM
Beauty Away
>ω<

I would say it's a success with a minor mess up in the beginning but it wasn't a biggie. The truth is, the whole mess lasts about 15mins only iirc, so it wasn't that bad. Nevertheless, I've managed to score 50 points for monsters and 29 points for item before I log out to sleep. Satisfied. ^_^

Congratulations GM Patton & GM Kaenec!

If you are looking for me, send me a pm. I might see it. No1
07-01-2013 12:01 AM