Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Past Changes to RO/HeRO
Menace651 Offline

Past Changes to RO/HeRO

Just some fun facts about changes that have been made to RO/HeRO since it's release.

-Nameless Island use to be simply accessible via an npc (no need to do those pesky pre-req quests). I have some characters that have Nameless savepoint but have not even started the Nameless quests.

-Crusader's "Auto-Gaurd" skill used to be 50% to block at max level. This however, was overpowered so Gravity nerfed it down to 30% at max level.

-Crusader's "Grand Cross" skill used to hit every monster for a total of 3 times regardless of the number of monsters in a cell. This was seen as overpowered so was nerfed. Grand Cross hits are now dependant on the number of monsters in a cell. The more monsters in a cell the less hits they take. (Gravity hates crusaders/paladins).

-Hylozoist/Heirozosit Card used to randomly change monsters into other monsters (even into MVP's!). This was of course widely abused so the effect was nerfed/removed(at least on HeRO).

-DB's/BB's used to be usable anywhere outside cities. Of course, this was abused so they are only now usable in DB room.

-Monsters/Bosses did not use to use skills as frequently as they do now. I believe at some point they were given more abilities or the frequency of them using the abilities was increased.

-Priest's "Slow Poison" skill used to only slow or reduce the time you were poisoned(useless skill). It now makes you comepletly immune to poison and allows you recover hp/sp (but you still get the poison status). Still a useless skill.

That's all I could think of off the top of my head. If anyone can think of any more feel free to add!

Just @who2 Menace ingame. You should find me if I'm on. thanks!
07-20-2013 11:33 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Session Offline
Formerly known as Tak.

RE: Past Changes to RO/HeRO

-Moscovia Quest was eventually made mandatory on HeRO

-Way back when Angeling, Deviling, Maya Purple, and Ghostring cards could be obtained through Old Card Albums, and could be obtained through fishing. There were a bunch of these cards gotten that way a few years back. Eventually this was removed and helped to lead to the Damp Card Albums we have now.
Edit: Thanks, I didn't know Maya Purple dropped from it ever. Ghostring I did, but forgot.

My Shop/Buylist- Angel's Branch of HeRo
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=23468

Ign:
High Priest- Akharamizu-Leader of Transcension
Assassin Cross- DownfallenAngel
High Wizard- Session
To-Be SinX2- Tithe
Rogue- Anzkhel
Errende- Hunter
Gunslinger- Ancele
Soullinker- Jonag

I used to have a comment here. I still do, but I used to do, too.
(This post was last modified: 07-24-2013 09:06 AM by Session.)
07-20-2013 12:32 PM
Ptah Offline
Lurker Above

RE:??Past Changes to RO/HeRO

Session Wrote:-Way back when Angeling & Deviling cards could be obtained through Old Card Albums, and could be obtained through fishing. There were a bunch of these cards gotten that way a few years back. Eventually this was removed and helped to lead to the Damp Card Albums we have now.

You forgot GR card.

God i have too many characters. Just call me Bisu and let's end this -_-
[Image: fco46t.jpg][Image: 4se5oh.jpg]
Want to help HeRO? Feeling you're full of ideas that people will adore? Don't just stand there! Join HeRO T&D Crew!
07-20-2013 01:06 PM
Gojira Offline
truth hurts

RE: ??Past Changes to RO/HeRO

Ptah Wrote:
Session Wrote:-Way back when Angeling & Deviling cards could be obtained through Old Card Albums, and could be obtained through fishing. There were a bunch of these cards gotten that way a few years back. Eventually this was removed and helped to lead to the Damp Card Albums we have now.

You forgot GR card.

And Maya Purple

[Image: 14tph6o.png]
07-20-2013 01:51 PM
Menace651 Offline

-Equipment combos used to stack too. 2x Armor Charms + Padded armor was my OP lowbie leveling gear. Now it's nerfed to only work with one armor charm. Same with other equipment combos. You need 2 of each equipment sets/cards to get 2x combo effects.

Just @who2 Menace ingame. You should find me if I'm on. thanks!
07-20-2013 02:27 PM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

AFAIK, Deviling was not available through OCA ever on heRO. It was on iRO before the removal of the miniboss-ring cards. However eAthena had a bug where it was only Ghostring and Angeling and I think heRO jumped from an old SVN (with that bug) right to the removal during an SVN update.

- Bio3 used to be much easier but still the same experience. Mobs were solo-able by non-trans characters fairly easily. This was like 8 years ago, Bio3 has long since been more fun / harder.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
07-20-2013 02:55 PM
Gojira Offline
truth hurts

It actually was available via OCAs Albus, I remember Kevin told me he got his first deviling out of an OCA when the server was new.

[Image: 14tph6o.png]
07-20-2013 03:42 PM
cane 33 Offline
Pancake

-Doppelganger was OP. I want the old effect of that card ?_

[Image: 2uikp3q.jpg]

Ren is the best
07-20-2013 06:14 PM
Ptah Offline
Lurker Above

Actually, same with cold heart. Remember the warming addition to aspd it had? :D

God i have too many characters. Just call me Bisu and let's end this -_-
[Image: fco46t.jpg][Image: 4se5oh.jpg]
Want to help HeRO? Feeling you're full of ideas that people will adore? Don't just stand there! Join HeRO T&D Crew!
07-20-2013 06:50 PM
Seth~ Offline
Half-ling Assasin

this is probably totally irrelevant but

To have a more recent full install other than 2010 on download would probably help.

But On topic. the 3rd job gears for Creators/Whitesmith should be reworked so it is more beneficial for both Creator and Whitesmith. There is exceptions obviously.

most wanted buying list
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=19956
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2013 06:33 AM by Seth~.)
07-21-2013 06:30 AM