Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Custom Pet Skills
GM-Azote Offline
The Ban GM

Custom Pet Skills

It's been a very long time since pet skills were discussed. Pandora and I are looking for pet skill suggestions for our custom pets.

These are regular pet skills listed on Ratemyserver.net : http://write.ratemyserver.net/ragnoark-o...et-guides/

Looking how pet skills/stats are balanced, what would you suggest for our custom pets?

http://www.pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/i..._%26_Tames

We have many custom pets. Here is a list of a few of them:

Retribution
Observation
Solace
Angeling
Deviling
Aliot
Galapago
Hillsrion
Kraben
Mavka
Pinguicula
Snow Bunny
Teddy Bear
Wild Rose
Familiar
Karakasa
Garm Baby
Civil Servant
Ninetail
Succubus
Waste Stove
Easter bunny
Marionette
Pumpkinring
Quve
Jakk
Whisper
Nightmare Terror
Diabolic
Dullahan
Evil Druid
Ghostring
Loli Ruri
Lude

[Image: Azote.gif]
HeROwiki
Support tickets
08-24-2013 09:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
demishock Offline
Natural Selection

RE: Custom Pet Skills

Funny this topic came up; I was just lamenting last night that I can't get a Miyabi Doll for my wiz to reduce her cast time, haha. ;P

Civil Servant, Succubus, Marionette, Whisper, Nightmare Terror, Dullahan, and Loli Ruri already have certain skills attached to them in renewal, don't they? (http://irowiki.org/wiki/Pet_System) That doesn't knock out too much of the list, but maybe it's a start?

Allegiance Pets... maybe Angeling/Deviling could give a small resist against Shadow/Holy type attacks, and Observation/Retribution could give a small chance to cast Soul Strike/Soul Strike of Darkness (or some other light/dark themed spell)?

I feel like it might be cool to have some pets that help out specific classes, sort of like how Smokie specifically helps thief classes obtain perfect hide/cloak (which, btw, why does even the classic wiki say that they give AGI+1 and Perfect Dodge+1, but nothing about Perfect Hide?). But I lack the creativity to think of what that might be. /desp

That's it off the top of my head; I'll try to give it some more thought. Icon_biggrin;

To help:
Join Test & Dev and/or our heRO wiki
Apply to be a GM or mod
Vote and Review

For help:
Submit a support ticket
Check the heRO wiki

[Image: 29bnhpd.jpg]
08-25-2013 12:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
formerGM-Lassander Offline

RE:??Custom Pet Skills

demishock Wrote:I feel like it might be cool to have some pets that help out specific classes, sort of like how Smokie specifically helps thief classes obtain perfect hide/cloak (which, btw, why does even the classic wiki say that they give AGI+1 and Perfect Dodge+1, but nothing about Perfect Hide?). But I lack the creativity to think of what that might be. /desp

That's it off the top of my head; I'll try to give it some more thought. Icon_biggrin;

I believe all the skills were removed from pets and replaced with stats at some point, HeRO opted to keep the old system of skills. so IRO wiki is fairly useless in determining the actual effect pets have.

[Image: 2znn2u8.jpg]

Thanks to Mr. Charcanine for the signature.
08-25-2013 01:29 AM
Mr. Charcanine Offline
PKMN MASTER

RE: ??Custom Pet Skills

GM-Lassander Wrote:
demishock Wrote:I feel like it might be cool to have some pets that help out specific classes, sort of like how Smokie specifically helps thief classes obtain perfect hide/cloak (which, btw, why does even the classic wiki say that they give AGI+1 and Perfect Dodge+1, but nothing about Perfect Hide?). But I lack the creativity to think of what that might be. /desp

I believe all the skills were removed from pets and replaced with stats at some point, HeRO opted to keep the old system of skills. so IRO wiki is fairly useless in determining the actual effect pets have.

It does give some nice ideas though Icon_razz

I'm no good with balancing stuff so I'll just throw off possible ideas xD (I also don't know if some of these will work since I have no idea how to program these)

Retribution - (See demishock's post)
Observation - (See demishock's post)
Solace - Some neutral property attack?
Angeling - (See demishock's post)
Deviling - (See demishock's post)
Aliot I would say Maximize Power, but idk if that would even work o.o
Galapago - Increase HP or SP, or maybe Looter
Hillsrion - Increase ATK
Kraben - Increase Movement speed
Mavka - Resistance/Dmg to Plant or something
Pinguicula - Resistance/Dmg to Plant or something or maybe Int
Snow Bunny -Looter or a water property attack
Teddy Bear -I'd say keep it looter since it's pretty useful Attacking-wise anyways
Wild Rose - Cast lvl 1 Sonic Blow
Familiar - Sucking Blood maybe? Or +Agi
Karakasa - Resistance to Confusion? Or cast confusion by a reeeeeaaaaally small chance (idk I looked at the card =P)
Garm Baby - Frost Diver lvl 3?
Civil Servant -Some kind of wind property atk or +int
Ninetail - +Agi or +Flee
Succubus - +HP
Waste Stove - Looter or +Def/MDef
Easter bunny - Maybe drop those easter eggs? (The one that's like a gift box)
Marionette - +Str
Pumpkinring - Looter
Quve - Something catering to Novices maybe (If that's even possibru?)
Jakk - Provoke 1
Whisper - +Agi or +Flee
Nightmare Terror - Resistance to Sleep or +Agi =P
Diabolic - Meteor Storm 1
Dullahan - +Crit or +DEF/MDEF or Something catering to Knights/Paladins
Evil Druid - +Int or Something catering to Professors
Ghostring - Turns you Ghost Property level 1 (jk. maybe.) or Perfect Hide or Soul Strike
Loli Ruri - +MATK or +Dex
Lude - Something catering to Novices maybe (If that's even possibru?)

Kasa - Fireball 3
Banshee Master - Curse enemy or +Int or +MATK
Dancing Dragon - + Flee or +Hit
Baby Leopard - +Str +Agi or +Dex (Or all!)
Zombie Master - Resistance/Dmg to Undead or Zombie
Horong - +Dex
Gajomart - Cast Sight
Red Ferus - Fireball 1
Joker - Tarot Card of Fate? Idk how that skill works lol
Orc Lady - Resistance/Dmg to Orcs or Brutes
High Orc - +Str or Bash 1
Blazer - Increase resistance to fire
Shellfish - Increase Resistance to water or looter
Rideword - +Int
Dryad - Increase resistance to earth
Drosera - Close Confine, Cast Sleep, or +Flee
Blue Plant - SP +10
Grand Peco - Increase resistance to Wind or + Flee
Zipper Bear - +ATK or one of those BS Party Buffs or something catering to Blacksmiths
Rafflesia - +Luk or Looter
Gemini - +Str and Int or +ATK and MATK

Yes a lot of these ideas were from their cards. It's late and I'm tired and uncreative. Thinking

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2013 05:07 AM by Mr. Charcanine.)
08-25-2013 04:44 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Actually, I believe official servers never had those skills that eAthena emulators (and it's successors) had, it's one of the rare few custom thing that was implemented by default, I guess the early developers of eAthena felt the pets were useless, eventually even official server added some use for the pets (the stats).

Just fyi pet's can be looter and have other bonus as well.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
08-25-2013 11:16 AM
Laenaya Offline
Where's my flyswatter?!

Each pet has a "skill" (ability) and grants bonuses to its owner. It may just be confusing that some pet abilities are kind of bonuses. Laugh

You can find some examples of pet abilities here and bonuses here.

For example: Peco Peco has the ability "+25% Movement Speed to its owner" (when wearing its cute pet armor) and also grants "HP +150 & SP -10" (when loyal).

[Image: CWsTYo5.png]
Dem friends!
08-25-2013 11:52 AM
Mr. Charcanine Offline
PKMN MASTER

Ohhhhh that makes sense. Cool

08-25-2013 02:54 PM
Sepzane Offline

This may sound like a horrible idea, but I believe that pets who have a greater food upkeep than the others should have slightly flashier or better skills/stats to compensate. I'm horrid at balancing so a lot of my ideas, especially for those higher-food upkeep pets will probably seem overpowered in some way.

One of the biggest reasons why I don't get some of the custom pets, and this is purely speaking for myself, is because the custom pets have high food requirements that don't balance with what they do. (Looting, or nothing, essentially.) While I might like a Mavka or Snow Bunny pet, going out of my way to kill my pet's friends and family in front of them to feed them just so they can look good and autoattack on the off-chance I get hit doesn't feel worth it. Looking at official pets purely, most of their food is bought in the form of pet food, instead of hunting Mavkas or Snow Bunnys to feed my cute pet that does nothing, I could buy pet food and get a heal or extra stats. Especially when the mobs don't even drop the food at a high rate sometimes making it a pain to get the food in general. Maybe it's just my lack of gear or levels on my farming characters that makes these things such a pain.

Following the 'Normal Pet' list only-
Aliot - Change food to Emveretarcon, then +10 ATK
Civil Servant - +5 Flee; +1% damage to brute
Galapago - Casts lv 1 Waterball; or +2 Vit
Garm Baby - Casts level 1 Frost Diver; or +1% resistance to water
Hillsrion - Chance to cast level 5 Sonic Blow; or Chance to cast 'Endure' on Master
Karakasa Lower his looter status to 20 or 15, have his food sold at a vendor; or add the food to another mob's loot table.
Familiar - 1% of the damage you deal regained as HP; or +1 agi
Mavka Copy of Sohee Heal; or Level 2 Earth Spike
Ninetail - Lower loot to 15/20 and sell his food; or +3 Luk; or add tofu to another mob's loot table.
Pinguicula - Casts level 5 Bless on Master; or copy of Alice heal
Snow Bunny - Sell their food; or make other mobs drop it.
Succubus +1% damage to demi-human; or +1-2% lifesteal; or (for fun) auto-cast 'Wink of Charm' on 1 near-by monster
Waste Stove - I don't know how common coal is from the mining system. Assuming it isn't that common, implement a new item called 'Charcoal' (RMS #7892) and have 'mining themed' mobs drop it (Pitman, Geiarth, Skeleton worker, metaling); OR change food to 'Mini Furnace'; then maybe make it throw rocks.
Wild Rose - Change the food to Sushi, buyable after the Sashimi Knife Quest; or a chance of casting level 1 Sonic Blow.
(This post was last modified: 10-26-2013 01:18 AM by Sepzane.)
10-26-2013 01:10 AM