Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Novice Event Idea: Busy Little Bees
demishock Offline
Natural Selection

New Novice Event Idea: Busy Little Bees

Someone mentioned on main tonight that it'd be cool if we could design our own events. That reminded me of this idea I've been sitting on for a while for a potential novice event, and I figured I might as well post it and see what people thought. So without further ado:

Busy Little Bees

Styla palette: 119

Players have 8 ("B", get it?) minutes to collect Honey by killing themed mobs. Everyone turns theirs in to the Event Rep NPC who gives prizes based on how much Honey they managed to collect (multiples of 8). If the group manages to collect 400* or more between the lot of them, everyone gets a bonus prize. That might require another NPC to count everyone's up together; I'm not sure.

*I was going to make it 888 but that seems pretty high considering the test I did (more on that in a minute).

My original thought for the mobs was to have Hornets, but then I thought it might be odd to be killing bees to get Honey. So I thought maybe Willows could work, with the thought being that they're like the honey trees in Winnie the Pooh. X3 Anyone have a preference?

As for prizes, I figured individual prizes would work on a 5-tier basis:
8 - prize 1
16 - prize 2
24 - prize 3
32 - prize 4
40+ - prize 5
Then the group prize would be either a Hornet or Willow card, depending on which mob ends up being used. Both are Hatter, so it'd work out either way.

I did a test on Porings (50 HP) starting with a level 3 Novice (10 STR, 10 AGI, 10 DEX) and stopped adding stat points after level 6, in order to see how many Jellopies I could collect in 8 minutes. I managed to get 38, which is where I got the 40-as-tier-5 idea. That was including a DC, and the spawns would obviously be more numerous and less spaced apart than on the regular maps, so the actual number may well be higher than that. But it was the best I could come up with. XD; It's possible that 888 total Honey isn't as unattainable as it seems. I'd want it to be a number that's not going to get reached 100% of the time, if there's a super-low turnout or something. Otherwise it's not really a bonus.

So, what do people think? Too similar to the other novice events? Would you want to play this if it became a real thing? Is something like this even possible to do? GM feedback would also be appreciated!

To help:
Join Test & Dev and/or our heRO wiki
Apply to be a GM or mod
Vote and Review

For help:
Submit a support ticket
Check the heRO wiki

[Image: 29bnhpd.jpg]
09-01-2013 12:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mupfelsan Offline
I want you to smile =)

RE: New Novice Event Idea: Busy Little Bees

Oh, I like the idea of this event, since I dont like bees and want to smash them to steal their honey !! Icon_wink
And for me it sounds like it would be as balanced as the other novice events Icon_biggrin

[Image: 2995398983_1_3_12TExp4e.gif]

To-Do-List:
1. Don't worry
2. Be Happy !
09-01-2013 01:52 PM
MrsCharcanine Offline
PKMN TRAINER

Honestly any new content is very exciting for me! I like this idea a lot! Also, is there anyway we can make it so that when you try to kill willows there will be little obstacles in the way? =3 Just a thought, but overall I'm hoping for this idea to come forward! ^_^

[Image: kku876l]
[Image: 1zf23br.png]
09-01-2013 10:33 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Thanks for the idea.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
09-06-2013 11:28 AM
Adrillf Offline
Google Me

Now THAT is how you suggest something to the server. Have great base ideas, back them up with information from tests that you have run, use that information to explain your prizes, and have the full idea created.

A+ for that idea just on the way that you proposed it.
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2013 03:16 PM by Adrillf.)
09-06-2013 03:16 PM
demishock Offline
Natural Selection

Thanks for the support! I'm glad the idea's not a total flop, haha. Looks like there's one vote each for Hornets and Willows, though. Hmm... XD

To help:
Join Test & Dev and/or our heRO wiki
Apply to be a GM or mod
Vote and Review

For help:
Submit a support ticket
Check the heRO wiki

[Image: 29bnhpd.jpg]
09-06-2013 08:12 PM
Ptah Offline
Lurker Above

Or rather following the name we can even fight flowers, get pollen and turn it in to bee NPC for honey (after some time even maybe)~

God i have too many characters. Just call me Bisu and let's end this -_-
[Image: fco46t.jpg][Image: 4se5oh.jpg]
Want to help HeRO? Feeling you're full of ideas that people will adore? Don't just stand there! Join HeRO T&D Crew!
09-07-2013 07:26 AM