Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Massive Changes to Woe/BG
Shinibu Offline
Lazy Bum

Massive Changes to Woe/BG

Alright simply, the woe scene on this server is pretty dead to be honest.??It needs a few things to help bring the competitive nature back to the server.??Here are a few suggestions that I hope the gm team and other players would really take into consideration here.

1.??Banning of mvp cards/miniboss cards in WOE/BG

There are multiple reasons I bring this up.??Even though I am the owner of multiple mvp cards that I use in bg/woe, I want a more competitive/skill based fight to take place.??When you have a guild full of gr/gtbs, there is honestly no way for any newer guilds or players to have a remote chance to beating these players.??Alot of people are turned off by this server when they see how many of these mvp cards/mini boss cards people use in both of these environments (and trust me i've asked alot of people on other servers who enjoy the pvp aspect of RO and almost all say that as a reason they wont join here).??This will also make BG more fun for the newer players as they would actually have a chance to be competitive earlier rather then later.

2.??Reduce Woe castles from 3 to 1.

If you do the first option of removing mvp/miniboss cards from woe, this becomes alot more reasonable.??The argument here is that one guild will always dominate.??But the entire purpose of woe is to fight as a team to try and take over/defend a castle.??3 castles just promotes people running away from each other and not trying hard.??This is another thing that does turn people away from this server is the fact with so many castles and not the guild/population to support it, woe is stale and boring.??Bring the fight back to woe!

3.??Replace one of the woe days with Woe SE/2.0

Personally I find it a joke that we are in 2013 and this server still hasnt implemented SE woe.??This is by far the more entertaining experience for people who do enjoy woe.??None of this BS portal camping with loki and magic and AD and traps.??The only portal is the entrance and from there you have a massive field of runes, barricades, and an emp.??This type of woe discourages the speed potting sinx from just charging emp and trying to break it.??You are forced to move together as a guild to take out each barricade to be able to proceed and fight for the emperium.??This will also promote more teamwork on this server.

4.??Real battlegrounds implementation

Alot of people want it.??KVM is one of the least entertaining version of battlegrounds.??Adding more types of games such as Domination, Capture the Flag, Rush (mini woe), Conquest (Mini woe SE), and 99 lives each team TDM would be a great edition.??But with this kind of implementation I would like to see the point system removed for badges where we can get BG only pots that sell for 0 zeny.??So we can get more creators/champs and other heavy resource characters to be able to play without having to worry about wasting their materials.??

Example of badge use. 8 win, 4 loss. 1 badge = 100 bg slim whites, 1 badge = 50 bg only bottle grenade/acid bottle, 1 badge = 10 glistening coats, 1 badge = 50 bg blues. This way people can save their mats for WOE and use badges to help get mats and gears.
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2013 11:39 AM by Shinibu.)
09-02-2013 11:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
iaMmIs3Rable Offline

RE: Massive Changes to Woe/BG

+1 :D

Hi, I am Ming !!!

My characters start with "iaM"s ~~~

Followed by a negative word such as, failure, nothing, pathetic and etc ...

Note: some iaM are not me, all merchie are purely vendors ...

Thank you~
09-02-2013 11:34 AM
Himo Offline

+1

Im new and seeing all teh Mvp and mini-boss that are used in WoE make me pretty much want to never play WoE. Many people or guild would come here if mvp card was ban from WoE.
09-02-2013 11:37 AM
Himo Offline

+1

Im new and seeing all teh Mvp and mini-boss that are used in WoE make me pretty much want to never play WoE. Many people or guild would come here if mvp card was ban from WoE.
09-02-2013 11:38 AM
cane 33 Offline
Pancake

One other topic that GMs will ignore.
Are passed years that people speak about woe 2.0 and new BGs, but GMs ALWAYS ignore. Why you think that they will care about this?
I like your idea to make a woe without mvp, but maybe at this point we can do like on other server: it have a woe (normal one) and a vanilla woe (only gr usable like mini, other minis, mvps god items aren't usable).
But how to make a woe without mvps? All players that GMs love and donators have tons of mvps and they don't know how to play without: GMs can't make this people sad. U are fool Will?
Just leave GMs think about cute hats and cute events asd

[Image: 2uikp3q.jpg]

Ren is the best
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2013 11:55 AM by cane 33.)
09-02-2013 11:47 AM
yacsef Offline
Kappa

I agree with all of your suggestions, especially reducing the castle from 3 to 1. WoE is supposed to be guild fights and not hit and run fights.

For the WoE SE, i never tried it, but i am totally up to try a new kind of woe. Thinking about it, camping an entrance is kinda repetitive as you said.

Concerning banning MVP/mini cards, i didn't get luck with those yet, i'd say i don't really care about them being banned, but my opinion is probably not the best because i don't own them, people that own them should say what they think about it, like you did. But i kinda disagree saying there is now way to kill people running with those cards, there is always a way to kill them.

PS: Wow free consumables for BG, please implement that!!! haha
09-02-2013 12:20 PM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

Most of your suggestions make sense - except implementing WoE SE on heRO. I don't know how the WoE scene is lately as I've been too busy to play much but last time I was around heRO didn't have anything near the population needed to support WoE SE. And "proper" WoE SE is pretty boring. Most guides about how to play your role well in WoE SE involve any particular class mashing the same skill and pot spamming (cf. Defensive LP Prof, Devo Paladin, High Priest (they get to mash multiple skills), etc.). I'm not saying it wouldn't be worth trying to implement here, but the last time I did WoE SE I was actually even more bored than dealing with the BS that FE WoE entails. Just my opinion.

On heRO I feel like WoE SE would be a weird cluster**** but I suppose it could at least be funny.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
09-02-2013 01:01 PM
BackHand Offline
Peacekeeper

I'm old school and I just got to bump this shit to the max +Qwerty keyboard.

[Image: ThePeacekeepers_zps9245bcc6.jpg] The Peacekeepers

Dead
BackHand - Banned
Luminescence - Banned
Dual - Banned
09-02-2013 01:28 PM
mookow Offline

BUT WILL HATS ARE CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE!
09-02-2013 03:02 PM
Shinibu Offline
Lazy Bum

I want actual discussion, not stupid remarks please.
09-02-2013 03:25 PM