Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Good Bye
formerGM-Lassander Offline

Good Bye

Good bye,

First let me say this decision has been long in the making.

It was very quickly after I'd become a GM here that I realized I'd probably made a mistake. From what I can tell I'm the first person to come onto the team with my technical knowledge in a while and as such there was a lot of work to be done. More then that before I actively joined the team I had access to things that made me realize why I was the first in so long.

My top priority was updating the SVN to a much newer version, which also required a the client update to be done. However the SVN wasn't a priority I shared with the administrator so I had to work on BG, which would have been able to be done much better after the SVN was updated.

There was also an issue updating BG itself that some members of the GM team really liked the way it works now, and would push back against things that needed to be changed for it to work in a more official manor.

Over all I did meet some really nice people in my time as a GM, and I hope we can stay friends.

I have passed everything I was working on to Pandora, including the updated emulator and the updated BG (which still has bugs) and will assist on the emulator for things that she requires help for as it is my utmost hope that it still gets added as that was, and has always been my #1 priority.

Lassander

[Image: 2znn2u8.jpg]

Thanks to Mr. Charcanine for the signature.
09-07-2013 06:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
former-GM-Pixel Offline

RE: Good Bye

Thank you for everything you've done for the team and the server! I wish you best of luck with everything and i hope to stay in touch with you.

[Image: 2mxg6zd.jpg]
Curious: heRO wiki
Trouble: Support Ticket
Expression: RMS page
Vote for Points
Social: Facebook
09-07-2013 07:13 PM
Poring Slayer Offline
Stray Cat

i don't really get why'd you leave
but, really, thanks for your hardwork

i hope you won't really leave the server

[Image: mBOoe6N.gif]

09-08-2013 07:15 AM
Jens Offline
Weird Spider Sir

GM-Lassander Wrote:My top priority was updating the SVN to a much newer version, which also required a the client update to be done. However the SVN wasn't a priority I shared with the administrator so I had to work on BG, which would have been able to be done much better after the SVN was updated.

Omoshiroi. So interests of few BG freaks are apparently more important than interests of...well..the whole server.

[Image: 4NuAbXh.png]
09-08-2013 08:24 AM
Ptah Offline
Lurker Above

Now that just made me sad.

Edit: Wait, what? Uhh... Now i really think there's totally a need in rethinking the strategy completely. Being stuck back in the past is fun and all, but come on, i think people were whining for new SvN for over 3 years now (even more, i'm just sure in 3 ). I bet people'd honestly want a new svn before any BG. But that's just my opinion.

God i have too many characters. Just call me Bisu and let's end this -_-
[Image: fco46t.jpg][Image: 4se5oh.jpg]
Want to help HeRO? Feeling you're full of ideas that people will adore? Don't just stand there! Join HeRO T&D Crew!
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2013 09:00 AM by Ptah.)
09-08-2013 08:55 AM
Mupfelsan Offline
I want you to smile =)

Noooooooooooooo Cry
Don't leave us Icon_cry or at least visit us from time to time !!!! Icon_sad
Thank you for the work you have done to this server which I enjoy so much.
Wish you the best of luk ! Icon_biggrin

[Image: 2995398983_1_3_12TExp4e.gif]

To-Do-List:
1. Don't worry
2. Be Happy !
09-08-2013 09:19 AM
Shinibu Offline
Lazy Bum

Well the server's only hope of some updated svn/bg is probably ruined now.
09-08-2013 09:23 AM
demishock Offline
Natural Selection

This is sad, sad news. I don't even know what to say. I was so psyched when the announcement happened that we were getting a new tech-savvy GM. You'll be sorely missed. I'm sorry that it had to come to this. That is some serious sucktitude that the SVN update isn't a priority. Cry

Does this also mean that that scripting class group is going to be discontinued?

Anyhow, I wish you all the best, and thank you for all the work you did for us heROes!

To help:
Join Test & Dev and/or our heRO wiki
Apply to be a GM or mod
Vote and Review

For help:
Submit a support ticket
Check the heRO wiki

[Image: 29bnhpd.jpg]
09-08-2013 12:58 PM
formerGM-Lassander Offline

RE:??Good Bye

To those of you who didn't realize the servers priority list: I have worked on or for RO servers for the past 3-4 years, with very few breaks. It is a common yet unfortunate trend that the most vocal minority gets appeased. For months, possibly years there's been 0 mention of updating the emulator (I'm referring to it as the emulator because most have followed Hercules's lead and moved to git and so they are no longer effectively SVNs) there has however been a very vocal group when it comes to BG updating. This group will be given a priority because ultimately they do get heard.

My advice to you would to be more vocal then them about the SVN then they are about BG, you out number them, most of them agree with you anyways, use that to your advantage.

demishock Wrote:Does this also mean that that scripting class group is going to be discontinued?

If people want support, they call always add me on Skype however very few people who showed initial interest actually followed up. Major props to Ptah for how active he was.

What I have mentioned in this thread is merely the tip of the iceberg as to why I'm leaving. There was also a major break down in communication, and a major parting over other things in general to the point I don't feel comfortable having my name attached to it as a developer. Really a lot of little things that just added up to make a big thing. However, it has to be remembered that I'm beyond a full time student, time constraints are probably the biggest contributor to my decision.

If you want to stay in contact, contact me via my public ro email: gm-lassander@hotmail.ca

[Image: 2znn2u8.jpg]

Thanks to Mr. Charcanine for the signature.
09-08-2013 02:32 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

I don't really play these days but I can understand your reasons to resign beyond poor communication.

Good luck to you in your future endeavors. :]

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
09-08-2013 02:53 PM