Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Player's Guide to Ragnarok
myBlack_isWhite Offline

RE:??New Player's Guide to Ragnarok

Wow, u did great job by making this guide.Icon_wink
Although, i'd like to add some things from myself.

Adrillf Wrote:Dancers-

Dancers are a weird class in my mind. They have some things that they can be great as, but I don?t see them as that great of a support class, or that great of an active role class.
The only time that dancers really shine is when they are paired up with a bard and they play duets.

Guess u've never been at Nydd, SM-killing or any other asura-needed party. Besides, Dancer works bad as SP batt only for champs and FA/SS spaming snipers. All other classes works perfect. But anyway, the main purpose of dancer isn't SP battery, but max SP increasing and cuz of that even profs will love dancers since they won't need to refill sniper's (or snipers') SP that often. Just because it also increases SP recovery speed it also works good as SP battery.
Speaking about PVP their screaming ability which is stuning low vit enemies is rly usefull, especialy being spamed from bragi.

Adrillf Wrote:Bard-

If you want to flash a song quickly put on your instrument, and then use your hotkeys to swap to a weapon (a simple light weight dagger is usually the go to because you don?t actually fight with it). This allows you to flash songs, and keep moving, or even flash multiple songs at once.

When leveling your bard don?t worry too much about your dex.

1. Just buy 2 violins or any other musical instrument (in amount of two ofcourse), put it on hotkey and u won't meet trouble when u're hitting a Bragi skill button again and again an it doesn't work, then party wipes and only after that u realize that u were wearing dagger.
2. Take as a habbit to count to 20 while u're changing position with the party. After reaching "10" mind to run to wizard, cast bragi at him and then do the same for priest and probably professor. U always have to keep in mind that thing Keeping everyone with bragi effect on them u will help the party to avoid the wipe greatly.
3. Playing as bard u HAVE TO worry about dex. If both of u wizard and bard will have around 80 dex (with bonuses and bless) that will be Ok but still not that good enough to cast fast. Being bard u should care only of 2 stats - dex and int. First, try to reach ~100-120 dex and ~40-60 int. At that point u'll be a good bragi for low/mid lvl parties (i.e. Ice Dungeon) then go for 90-100 int and then max ur stats out. Remeber: ur goal is 150 dex and 120 int (with bonuses from job lvls, gears and buffs of course). On that point u'll be what people call a Golden Bragi.
4. Always stay behind the wizard and don't rush into the battle. Ur role in party is very important and u must do it properly. Always mind to walk around the party members so everyone had bragi effect on them. Killers or other support classes have their own job to do in the party so sometimes they just don't have time or oportunity or simply forget to refresh their bragi effect by coming in and out of the bragi pool. They actually don't have to remember about refreshing bragi effect since that's ur job. In example, if members of the party reminding to their priest about rebuffs then party got sucks priest since it's his job to control the buff time and not to let anyone die. And so ur job is controling bragi.

Lol now it looks more like a mini guide on bragi. But i just wanted to show??that playing as a bard/clown isn't easy how it looks like. But yeah, it's true that playing as wizard or priest is much more harder and requires something more then just swaping 2 violins and counting to 20.

Mr Brightside ~ High Priest 99/70
Mr Darkside ~ Assassin Cross 99/70
Magic Nerd ~ Professor 99/70
Mr Drunkside ~ Champion 98/67
SpeedCrew ~ Sniper 97/67
Pepe Carrero ~ High Wizard 96/67
Jimi Hendrix ~ Clown 95/65
Millionyoung ~ Stalker 95/65
Tony Grey ~ Creator 92/64
Fouk ~ Lord Knight 92/58
Californication ~ Soul Linker 91/50
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2013 03:51 AM by myBlack_isWhite.)
09-18-2013 03:51 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
New Player's Guide to Ragnarok - Adrillf - 09-17-2013, 02:23 AM
RE:??New Player's Guide to Ragnarok - myBlack_isWhite - 09-18-2013 03:51 AM
RE: New Player's Guide to Ragnarok - iMilo - 09-17-2013, 03:24 AM