Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Player's Guide to Ragnarok
Adrillf Offline
Google Me

RE: ??New Player's Guide to Ragnarok

myBlack_isWhite Wrote:Guess u've never been at Nydd, SM-killing or any other asura-needed party. Besides, Dancer works bad as SP batt only for champs and FA/SS spaming snipers. All other classes works perfect. But anyway, the main purpose of dancer isn't SP battery, but max SP increasing and cuz of that even profs will love dancers since they won't need to refill sniper's (or snipers') SP that often. Just because it also increases SP recovery speed it also works good as SP battery.

I'm going to be nice and not get too upset at the phrase that I've never been in an asura cannon party. I have. Dancers aren't that great. They can be helpful, but I'd much rather have a professor and a high priest. Heath convert, heal, and magni do just fine in asura cannoning through dungeons and keeping SP up. Even with increasing SP pools, I don't see dancers causing that big of a influence to make them essential to forming a party.

Quote:Speaking about PVP their screaming ability which is stuning low vit enemies is rly usefull, especialy being spamed from bragi.

I didn't say this because if you're in pvp, and you're talking serious builds in pvp, the only time that you should be stunned is if you're not doing your job right. Every character that wants to be seriously involved in pvp needs vit. Even your precasting HW is going to run 99int 99dex, and the rest in vit. Stunning dancers are threatening to people that don't know how to pvp stat their characters. The only time I've seen stunning dancers do significant stuns are on unprepared characters, much like a bard's frost joke freezing people that are unprepared for it. Yes, it works, and the effect is nice, but it's not going to do much in a serious pvp setting.

Quote:3. Playing as bard u HAVE TO worry about dex. If both of u wizard and bard will have around 80 dex (with bonuses and bless) that will be Ok but still not that good enough to cast fast. Being bard u should care only of 2 stats - dex and int. First, try to reach ~100-120 dex and ~40-60 int. At that point u'll be a good bragi for low/mid lvl parties (i.e. Ice Dungeon) then go for 90-100 int and then max ur stats out. Remeber: ur goal is 150 dex and 120 int (with bonuses from job lvls, gears and buffs of course). On that point u'll be what people call a Golden Bragi.

Oh stat build conversations, how I love you.

For those new players reading this guide, don't worry to much about this. This is a bit over your head as a new player, but I'll dive into this.

I'd suggest a final build of 99 int, 70 vit and then use the other points in dex, agi, or even str for carrying capacity depending on what your style of play. This provides you with a better HP pool, you become stun immune, provides the ability to strengthen your apple song.

The reason I say that after cast delay is more important than cast time is because more than just wizards are going to be using a bragi in a party setting, and a lot of those skills have short cast times (or no cast times) but do have cool downs. If you're able to reduce those cool downs, your supporting cast is able to produce more support and keep everyone alive.

If you then throw in a bard with the outlandishly low dex score of 30 (with a lvl 10 bragi and 10 levels in lesson) that level 10 Storm Gust is cast in 3.67 seconds. Even if you up that bard's dex to 100, the cast time is still 3.2 seconds. That is .47 seconds difference between a 30 dex bragi and a 100 dex bragi. Let's be outrageous and use the golden bragi of 150 dex on the lvl 69 wizard, and the cast time of the storm gust is still only reduced to 2.88 seconds.

In review on a lvl 69 wizard (70 int 70 dex) casting storm gust level 10
Bragi with 30 dex - 3.67 cast time
Bragi with 100 dex- 3.2 cast time
Bragi with 150 dex- 2.88 cast time.

If we put this on the big end game scale, and use these three bragi's on a high wizard that has 99 dex, 99 int, job level 70. The cast times look like this.
Bragi with 30 dex- 1.82
Bragi with 100 dex- 1.6
Bragi with 150 dex- 1.44

This is assuming that the high wizard doesn't use a single point in dex in any other gear and only depend on their stats and a bless from a priest. The difference between the worst possible bragi, and your "golden" bragi is only .38 seconds, a third of a second. Let's assume that the wizard grabs a spare 5 dex from random gears, ToH wing foods, or whatever they have. That'd be a total of 123 dex.

Bragi with 30 dex- 1.53
Bragi with 100 dex- 1.35
Bragi with 150 dex- 1.21

From what math says, and some trial and error with stat calculators, the more dex your wizard has, the less effective a high dex bragi becomes. Even at lower dex levels, the difference between a 'horrible' bragi and the 'golden' bragi is really not that much. That is why I suggest not putting as many points in dex, and to stat your bard into something else that will be a bit more helpful.
09-18-2013 01:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
New Player's Guide to Ragnarok - Adrillf - 09-17-2013, 02:23 AM
RE: ??New Player's Guide to Ragnarok - Adrillf - 09-18-2013 01:13 PM
RE: New Player's Guide to Ragnarok - iMilo - 09-17-2013, 03:24 AM