Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
adjust War Zone drops/drop chances
myBlack_isWhite Offline

RE:??adjust War Zone drops/drop chances

Ange Wrote:The monsters in the dungeon don't need to be dropping this kind of gear at all.
1) I'm no economist, but crashing the market for every mvp gear simultaneously is surely not a good thing.

5) As is, it's a worthwhile place to mob without the mvp drops because it's easy, mobby, and decent exp.??It seems like you're trying to help new players overcome a gear barrier to pvp, but I believe you have missed the mark.??The main barriers that need to be overcome are skill and consumables.??You can overcome the first by making the dungeon difficult, yet worthwhile from an exp standpoint.??Consumables are the main barrier to playing any sort of killing class (sinx needs edp, champ needs ygg berries, creator needs AD, and everybody loves potions).??Having the dungeon produce some quantities of these things would help support an active WoE/PvP scene.??The dungeon doesn't have to make it practical for one person to sit and farm his own consumables, but it could put some on the market for people to buy.
^THIS

Demogorgon Wrote:If on the other hand youd make the mobs so strong that high end geared chars cant mob there itll prob end up being too hard for medium geared chars to stand a chance there, making the point of closing the gear gap a mood point,in fact widening it bc high end folks will just op vend em to newbies who have to farm usual spots for zeny.
^THIS

Demogorgon Wrote:again if you make it possible by new people it will be abusable by high end folk hence work against closing gear gap.
^ AND THIS

And also...
GM-Azote Wrote:Comparing Variants dropped by Adrillf, don't tell me you can't farm AKs for a card value of 80m. It's not quite different, except the AK will not web and dispel you.
Azote, i guess u missunderstood me... I wasn't speaking about value of the item, i was speaking about the item itself. There's a difference between 1 and 3 rare items being vended at a time.

IMO, the key to closing gear gap for new players is farmable BG. As was said somewhere else in another topic - "BG meant to be an opportunity for new players to get pvp gears in an easy way".

Mr Brightside ~ High Priest 99/70
Mr Darkside ~ Assassin Cross 99/70
Magic Nerd ~ Professor 99/70
Mr Drunkside ~ Champion 98/67
SpeedCrew ~ Sniper 97/67
Pepe Carrero ~ High Wizard 96/67
Jimi Hendrix ~ Clown 95/65
Millionyoung ~ Stalker 95/65
Tony Grey ~ Creator 92/64
Fouk ~ Lord Knight 92/58
Californication ~ Soul Linker 91/50
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2013 11:53 AM by myBlack_isWhite.)
09-21-2013 11:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ange Offline

Demogorgon Wrote:(also,who cares about ifrit and valk card ;P )

I care about valk card Icon_sad
09-21-2013 01:25 PM
ChaosPrince Offline
Troll Prince

RE: ??adjust War Zone drops/drop chances

GM-Azote Wrote:You want it to be on your monster? Submit your strongest bitch most powerful player monster!

Changes to Warzone monsters that applies as of tonight:
- All monsters have received a HP boost
- All monsters have received a Defense and Mdef boost

Perma EDP for CP, Perma cloak and 100% sonic blow.
If possible, add 56% demi human defense would be better than simply adding Def and Mdef (too many skills that bypass them).
Another adjustment that might work, is giving them some specific elements (ex. holy, shadow, ghost, etc). That already will make it a little more challenging.
09-21-2013 02:54 PM
Adrillf Offline
Google Me

Ptah Wrote:I was just thinking about it and just had to ask this now: You want to put in high-end gears in monsters into dungeon to encourage people to woe, yet you make woe a must to enter (hello sitting in corners in castle, in hide even) so people can farm them solo? Where the hell is logic in that?

Please read the thread before you over react. As sated by Azote-

Azote Wrote:Entrance is not meant to be all time exclusive to those who created a monster of themselves. It's only until next reboot which will make other access available. Next reboot should be within a week.

Next:
ChaosPrince Wrote:Perma EDP for CP, Perma cloak and 100% sonic blow.
If possible, add 56% demi human defense would be better than simply adding Def and Mdef (too many skills that bypass them).
Another adjustment that might work, is giving them some specific elements (ex. holy, shadow, ghost, etc). That already will make it a little more challenging.

Azote and GM team is trying to balance the monsters to give people a chance, not make it entirely impossible for players to kill you. Your monster is aiming to be okay, but not broken stupid. Perma EDP, cloak, and 100% sonic blow puts your mob in broken stupid area.

Also, monsters don't use cards, so there's no way to code into them card and gear effects like demi-human reduction. Sadly, the only way Azote has to make us have more defenses is increasing HP, def, mdef (hence the recent buffs to these three things).

I do agree that elements should be added not for the survivability of the mobs, but for the challenge of the players facing them. It increases the difficulty of the dungeon in both solo and group farming. For solo parties, you have to bring different gears to fight against different elements and races, instead of one to cover everything. In party settings, it increases it because you can't just bring a HW to cover everything, and then lvl 10 SG to win.

Finally, just because it's a pet peeve of mine:
Demogoron Wrote:a mood point

It's a moot point. A moody point is what your girlfriend makes when PMS-ing.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/moot_point
09-22-2013 12:16 AM
Ptah Offline
Lurker Above

Adrillf Wrote:
Azote Wrote:Entrance is not meant to be all time exclusive to those who created a monster of themselves. It's only until next reboot which will make other access available. Next reboot should be within a week.

Yes, it will be available to others, but iirc Panda said it will be achieved with buying entrance... for WoE points. Magic.

God i have too many characters. Just call me Bisu and let's end this -_-
[Image: fco46t.jpg][Image: 4se5oh.jpg]
Want to help HeRO? Feeling you're full of ideas that people will adore? Don't just stand there! Join HeRO T&D Crew!
09-22-2013 06:37 AM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

RE:????adjust War Zone drops/drop chances

ChaosPrince Wrote:
GM-Azote Wrote:You want it to be on your monster? Submit your strongest bitch most powerful player monster!

Changes to Warzone monsters that applies as of tonight:
- All monsters have received a HP boost
- All monsters have received a Defense and Mdef boost

Perma EDP for CP, Perma cloak and 100% sonic blow.

Man wouldn't it be so embarrassing when you got owned by yourself.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
09-22-2013 10:01 AM
GM-Rahice Offline
The Malevolent Queen Maleficent

RE: adjust War Zone drops/drop chances

Shame they won't let me redeem one for points....On my GM that is ;D It'd feel like home for all of you.

[Image: Rahice.gif]
Thank you Ren for the Signature!
09-22-2013 02:53 PM
myBlack_isWhite Offline

Adrillf Wrote:
Demogoron Wrote:a mood point

It's a moot point. A moody point is what your girlfriend makes when PMS-ing.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/moot_point

That's what i call Constructive Discussion :D
Dude, have u ever heard of people who got no english language in their blood? U got what he meant - good for u, go take a cookie. Why to comment it in such a way?

Mr Brightside ~ High Priest 99/70
Mr Darkside ~ Assassin Cross 99/70
Magic Nerd ~ Professor 99/70
Mr Drunkside ~ Champion 98/67
SpeedCrew ~ Sniper 97/67
Pepe Carrero ~ High Wizard 96/67
Jimi Hendrix ~ Clown 95/65
Millionyoung ~ Stalker 95/65
Tony Grey ~ Creator 92/64
Fouk ~ Lord Knight 92/58
Californication ~ Soul Linker 91/50
09-23-2013 01:49 AM
Adrillf Offline
Google Me

RE:????adjust War Zone drops/drop chances

myBlack_isWhite Wrote:That's what i call Constructive Discussion :D
Dude, have u ever heard of people who got no english language in their blood? U got what he meant - good for u, go take a cookie. Why to comment it in such a way?

Because I'm an English major about to become a real life professor (Only 3 more semesters and I'm finally done!), and certain mistakes in English hurt my head. I didn't do it in a rude manner, I simply pointed it out so that the mistake wouldn't be made again. I didn't name call, call them an idiot, or anything like that. As a polyglot myself, I understand that languages are hard to learn and I appreciate when a native speaker corrects me so that I don't make that mistake again. Sorry if I offended you with trying to help a person become better.

PS- Even if you're not a native English speaker you should at least know that it's spelt 'you' not 'u'. That's basic pronoun usage that you learn in your first ESL class. Kissy2
09-23-2013 10:52 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

RE: adjust War Zone drops/drop chances

There were some further adjustments on warzone monsters in terms of drops. We even made a excel sheet to calculate how much average zeny per kill each mob yields in order to better balance each one, we'll use it for the future mobs as well.

You can @mi 3000 and 3021 to 3029 to find out exactly who drops what. For a short summary there is no longer variants and the ifrit ring and there are some consumables. To those who gave constructive feedback thank you.

It's likely that Azote will be playing with the stats a bit, originally we wanted to use the player's base stats only, but in some cases it doesn't make sense, some of the mobs need more dex to hit real players, things like that.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
09-23-2013 12:51 PM