Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Lord Knight Luring
Menace651 Offline

Lord Knight Luring

So I got into a debate with a friend the other day about luring with a Lord Knight. He insists that luring with a 2handed sword with Parrying is much better than wearing a damage reduction shield and a 1handed weapon. I disagreed saying that the damage reduction helps a lot more especially in dungeons with hard hitting monsters like Thors.

Any LK pro's wanna weigh in on this?

Just @who2 Menace ingame. You should find me if I'm on. thanks!
09-18-2013 05:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Shinigami l0_0l Offline
Lost in Time

RE: Lord Knight Luring

shield and fortune sword is the best
09-18-2013 11:45 PM
iMilo Offline

Thor is a hard map...
And when i do LK (in other low server) fire armor and jakk garment is enough for reduce the fire magic damage or fire atribute attack from kasa, imp or salamander.. And the other damage like spiral pierce (kasa), sonic blow (salamander), spear boomerang (sword guardian), etc is physical and that's means u can do parry with it..
I choose LK with 2 handed sword for it.. If we have Invoker of the Death, that's the best weapon for lurer.. Icon_biggrin
Lk with 2 handed sword just afraid about magic damage i think and that problem can solved with right armor and garment Icon_wink
09-19-2013 12:16 AM
Ptah Offline
Lurker Above

Honestly, it's a matter of opinion. Yes, with parry overall damage may be lower, but i'd take reducts for hard hitting monsters not to get killed with 1~2 hard blows that parry will miss.

God i have too many characters. Just call me Bisu and let's end this -_-
[Image: fco46t.jpg][Image: 4se5oh.jpg]
Want to help HeRO? Feeling you're full of ideas that people will adore? Don't just stand there! Join HeRO T&D Crew!
09-19-2013 01:51 AM
Shinigami l0_0l Offline
Lost in Time

i test it just now..
parry is stupid when luring. When u parry your enemy attack, u stopped moving for a while, which is stupid when you got a lot of monster behind you.

what's important for luring is not not only your def, resistance or max. u need to maintain your distance from your mobs as well. even if u got a very high def, resist and HP, when u cant keep your distance from your mobs, ure dead.

if you can outrun your enemy with parry, i can only assume you cant lure that much of enemy

@iMilo: have u tried taking EQ or HJ from MVP?
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2013 03:43 AM by Shinigami l0_0l.)
09-19-2013 03:40 AM
Mupfelsan Offline
I want you to smile =)

Depends on the place and your shield. If you lure at Thors with an alice shield and fortunes sword, you get 40% reduction from card + shield def And the perfect dodge from the sword, so you receive less damage in total in compare to the 50% parry chance. In addition to that the magic is not affected by parry (except grand cross if I remember right) and if you do it right salas and Kasa shouldnt be able to touch you with their close attacks. So most damage you get at Thors luring is magic and ranged physical attacks. But more important is what shinigami mentioned, that you stop walking for a really short time when you parry and maybe get caught by the mobb.
At places like DG you can use parry without this trouble of might getting caught by mobb because only thing that hits you should be the valk pulse, still you get more damage and maybe get dispelled and lose your parry for a moment.
If you don't have a high damage reduc shield and you can't lure big mobbs or just luring DG then parry might be the better choice.
Some people maybe confirm that or correct me if I am wrong ^_^

[Image: 2995398983_1_3_12TExp4e.gif]

To-Do-List:
1. Don't worry
2. Be Happy !
09-19-2013 05:53 AM
iMilo Offline

@shinigami : I think he ask about luring.. So i just give my opinion about luring lot of monster not luring MVP.. And i never feel the "stopped" delay when my parry active O_O I thought the one have delay is auto guard skill from crusader parry don't have delay.. But if u say u got delay, it's okey Icon_biggrin

Maybe it just about style and i never do LK here (just have rogue hehehee)..
For me, parry always Icon_biggrin

Sorry for bad English!!! Icon_biggrin
09-19-2013 08:59 AM
Shinigami l0_0l Offline
Lost in Time

@iMilo: oh sorry, my job as lure is not only for things like creeps on DG or thor. I do lure for bee, SM, valk, nidd, ifrit and such.

and again, as i mentioned before. If the parry delay never got into you, it means u never lure big enough mob to feel that
09-19-2013 09:24 AM
iMilo Offline

Oh okey you pro i'm noob Icon_biggrin

Sorry for bad English!!! Icon_biggrin
09-19-2013 10:32 AM
Menace651 Offline

I don't think parry makes you stop moving. The skill description says Parry only stops you from attacking when you succusesfully parry. I think you guys are thinking about crusaders autogaurd skill. That makes you stop moving when activated. I could be wrong though I've never lured as a LK with parry.

Just @who2 Menace ingame. You should find me if I'm on. thanks!
09-19-2013 12:55 PM