Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What about a reset?
Force-Attuned Krogoth Offline
Jack of All Trades

RE: What about a reset?

The thing is, dual-clienting makes it harder to level a support job. Why? Because 80% of everyone has one on a second account. The town buffer gets to job 50, and nobody considers taking it anywhere. If a priest asks someone to party with him, the common response is, "why?" "If you don't like dual-clienting, don't use it" doesn't work in this instance.

Of course, this is just one man's viewpoint; I am admittedly more party-oriented than most people in heRO. But some jobs, like priest, bard, and dancer, function particularly well in a party, but have only marginal soloing ability. I think that removing dual-client capability would make it less disparately difficult to get experience in a support role.

Kroggles ensures the living stay living, and the dead stay dead.
Clobberella beats you up.
Teela Brown has a birdie!
Flosshilde communes with the very souls of the damned.
Walsung is actually pretty cool. For a guy made of metal.
01-11-2007 07:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mr. Dahaka Offline
Die Prince of Persia!!!!!!

About the post above.

U cant just come here and say how the server has to be,

if u disable DC and reset the server we ll lose too much ppl

wich dosnt wanna lose all his hard work, only becose a couple of pll

ask for that!!!

i do not agree with thatIcon_evilIcon_exclaim
01-11-2007 09:41 PM
Yamaha Offline
Bring it on

Disabling dual clienting??? jzz, that's crazy......

Look, i know some people might get mad at me but, I HAVEN'T LVLED A HIGH PRIEST UNTIL BASE 70, A SOUL LINKER AND A SAGE JUST FOR FUN! I did it cause i wanted to be stronger in woe and to level easier...... lvling will be a pain in the a$$ without double clienting...

Everyone that Woes wants to play....... everybody wants to be an important part of the role in Woe....... in other words: NOBODY that has high level char will desire to log in an suportive class while others go into battle.....

As you can see, i'm against disabling it....... and i really think that many ppl might quit the server if it really happens.........

The mouse lag while DC is already pissing me off........ if you disable DC, i'm really considering quiting hero...... i wub the server, the ppl who play in it, the GMs, etc....... but double clienting is essencial...... don't spoil it.....

AND BOOOO FOR MOUSE LAG >.<
TURN IT OFF!!!!!

Yamaha -=- Need For Speed
-= The Rekinjustu Way =-

Hayabusa -=- Xplod
-= Triple X =-
01-11-2007 09:53 PM
silvanel Offline
Banned

just 1 thing...

Cough dont come tell me priest have low solo capacity... priest is the fastest class to lvl , as for bard and dancer, they lvl as fast as a hunter which means fast!.

dual clienting isnt much of a big deal, you use it or you dont, THATS IT.
Now , Please dont come and say: YES BUT people using dual cleinting own us during woe cause they dual client: ... if so !!! do it too or get stronger, thats how it works.!
01-11-2007 09:53 PM
Mr. Dahaka Offline
Die Prince of Persia!!!!!!

Icon_evil THATS HOW IT WORKS, DAMNIcon_exclaimIcon_exclaimIcon_exclaimIcon_exclaimIcon_exclaimIcon_exclaimIcon_exclaim
01-11-2007 10:01 PM
F Mortal Offline
Super Saiyan Tweety

Yamaha Wrote:Disabling dual clienting??? jzz, that's crazy......

Look, i know some people might get mad at me but, I HAVEN'T LVLED A HIGH PRIEST UNTIL BASE 70, A SOUL LINKER AND A SAGE JUST FOR FUN! I did it cause i wanted to be stronger in woe and to level easier...... lvling will be a pain in the a$$ without double clienting...

Everyone that Woes wants to play....... everybody wants to be an important part of the role in Woe....... in other words: NOBODY that has high level char will desire to log in an suportive class while others go into battle.....

As you can see, i'm against disabling it....... and i really think that many ppl might quit the server if it really happens.........

The mouse lag while DC is already pissing me off........ if you disable DC, i'm really considering quiting hero...... i wub the server, the ppl who play in it, the GMs, etc....... but double clienting is essencial...... don't spoil it.....

AND BOOOO FOR MOUSE LAG >.<
TURN IT OFF!!!!!

Yamaha,
Leveling with other classes helping you is realy cool, but it isn't meant to be you helping yourself! I mean, dual clienting makes the game individual, when it should be played with team!

As for WoE, i'm sorry, but I REALY think your argument is ridiculous! Disabling dual clienting will make WoE even better, cause finaly, we'll get some ppl playing with support classes, wich are pretty strong at the war! I mean, a High Priest can make a big difference, and you ough to play with it, not just dual client! Damn, this is a team play game, you should play it with your friends and have fun with them, mainly on WoE!

By making this game individual you make ppl give up on playing support characters as their main chars, cause they don't feel useful anymore!

People should play with support classes, not just make them to help their main chars level "faster and easier"! I've once hear ppl say this to me about a server reset, and i'll say it to you... Take this challenge... i bet you'll have a lot more fun if you just level with your support friends, and so will they!

That's all, sorry if I was a bit rude =/...

There's never been hope, only the fool's hope.
Gandalf, the White

When 900 years old you reach, look as good you will not.
Yoda

Heroes fade and die, but Legends are forever!
Achiles (thx Auron)
01-11-2007 10:07 PM
Yamaha Offline
Bring it on

what you said is beautiful to say, but hard to believe......

besides, i really believe ppl will leave the server...... it might not be an empty server, but it ain't crowded..... too much risk imo, but anyway..... suffer the consequences

Yamaha -=- Need For Speed
-= The Rekinjustu Way =-

Hayabusa -=- Xplod
-= Triple X =-
01-11-2007 10:17 PM
Kaoreii Offline
I wonder as I wander out under the sky

Force-Attuned Krogoth Wrote:The thing is, dual-clienting makes it harder to level a support job. Why? Because 80% of everyone has one on a second account. The town buffer gets to job 50, and nobody considers taking it anywhere. If a priest asks someone to party with him, the common response is, "why?" "If you don't like dual-clienting, don't use it" doesn't work in this instance.

Of course, this is just one man's viewpoint; I am admittedly more party-oriented than most people in heRO. But some jobs, like priest, bard, and dancer, function particularly well in a party, but have only marginal soloing ability. I think that removing dual-client capability would make it less disparately difficult to get experience in a support role.

I see your point. However, I have some counterpoints!

1) It doesn't really make it all that much harder for support classes. I mean, it's not like I've played recently (scratch that. I did while I was on vacation, but that was only for a week) but it's a lot easier to have a completely separate person playing the priest/dancer/bard/whatever. Not only does it prevent the need to flip screens all the time, it also eliminates the 'oh snap!' when you're moving around x support character and your main gets killed. More often (that I've seen) even if people do have a second account, they're more likely to ask someone who plays a priest on their main. They way you're saying is it's like we're having a priest sit there in Prontera with a chat bubble over their head saying 'will buff for party'.

2) Sitting around, as a support character, and waiting for people to need buffs (for example, a priest supporting a mage at seals/soils) is fecking boring. Nuff said.

3) Some people like not depending on other people. Some people don't like to party. I myself tend to only party with certain people. I'm a bit of a snob that way. But that's how I choose to play.

4) When you talk about MMORPGs, you get players the world over. Then you have issues with timezones. So one player might live on the other side of the planet from all the other players, thus it would be near impossible for this player to be on around the same time whatever support characters would be.

5) Two people who both play on the server might share a computer. For example, when I was on vacation, Alexander and I shared my laptop. We dual-cliented. It was goodtimes.

6) Baby class characters. Unless you have someone else play them, or have someone else adopt you, (both situations, by the way, can lead to Drama. No one likes Drama) unless you can dual client, sry you're S.O.L. I like baby class characters. They're squishy.

I think that's all. I'm sorry if I seem mean, I'm actually a sweetheart, I'm just PMSing right now. Icon_razz

[Image: tHkNZ.gif]
01-12-2007 01:23 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Alexander Offline
Arch Angel

Did I just hear priest and an archer class have low solo capability? That's where I stopped reading that post. Ask anyone who knows what they're doing and they'll tell you otherwise. I can think of a lot of people on the server that soloed priests and bard / dancers to high level or trans. And really, it's quite easy.

However, you are right. Most people don't take other people on leveling with them. But that is a game mechanic flaw. When you get to top-end leveling, leveling with other people will slow you down. A lot of the best leveling is done solo. When you're one shotting stuff and what not especially.
01-12-2007 11:27 AM
Zeke Offline

Alexander Wrote:Did I just hear priest and an archer class have low solo capability? That's where I stopped reading that post. Ask anyone who knows what they're doing and they'll tell you otherwise. I can think of a lot of people on the server that soloed priests and bard / dancers to high level or trans. And really, it's quite easy.

However, you are right. Most people don't take other people on leveling with them. But that is a game mechanic flaw. When you get to top-end leveling, leveling with other people will slow you down. A lot of the best leveling is done solo. When you're one shotting stuff and what not especially.

1 Shotting seals isn't as fast XP as I could get partying with a priest >.>

But do tell me... how do I solo level a priest to trans easily? D:

[Image: arthassigoo0.gif]
01-12-2007 04:29 PM