Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What about a reset?
ShadesOfBlue Offline
Order of Chaos

RE: What about a reset?

Id like to think that i didnt just join the server and decide that itd be fun to rain on everyones parade by suggesting a wipe and no DC. But i lean heavily towards no DC even though alot of people i know here are for it.I might be biased since i lvled my (archer class) 191 of my 192 lvls solo with no party support and never DC even though my pc is very capable of handleing duel clienting.it just seems to me that duel clienting are for those that want to level fast and fight things and places they would normally have no buisneess being and that just seems like hi rate imo which this server isnt.I wouldve created a support class long ago just for partying cause its fun but currently there isnt much reason to and i dont wanna solo a support class.And as far as a wipe goes .. ummm .. just no. im glad panda agrees.

[Image: obama_supporters.jpg]
01-12-2007 04:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kaoreii Offline
I wonder as I wander out under the sky

RE:?? What about a reset?

Zeke Wrote:1 Shotting seals isn't as fast XP as I could get partying with a priest >.>

But do tell me... how do I solo level a priest to trans easily? D:

TU'ing Ancient Mummies is fun time.

when you have enough dex for it. Icon_biggrin

[Image: tHkNZ.gif]
01-12-2007 04:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Force-Attuned Krogoth Offline
Jack of All Trades

I have a question. How do you TU ancient mummies and survive more than 50% of the time? I find myself really hitting against the skill delay and stunlock if the mobs get close, and those mummies are uncomfortably fast. At level 99 with 99 int and luk, there's only a 50% chance it'll work if they're near full. Adding dex just makes that worse. Maybe I'm missing the trick of surviving, which is why I'm still in the underprison. (well, and I'm also amusing myself with magnus)

Anyway, the support roles are, imho, undervalued by alot of people. I'd like to demonstrate how useful a priest or dancer can be. Soloing is fine, and I don't want to make it infeasible. I particularly don't want to turn RO into a game where you stand around in town for three hours waiting for a tank and a healer to log on. I just happen to enjoy the party mechanics, and wish people in general were more open to the idea. I'm more than willing to run some exp/hr comparisons, if anyone is interested in doing so.

Kroggles ensures the living stay living, and the dead stay dead.
Clobberella beats you up.
Teela Brown has a birdie!
Flosshilde communes with the very souls of the damned.
Walsung is actually pretty cool. For a guy made of metal.
01-12-2007 05:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

4 letters: TU AM

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
01-12-2007 05:14 PM
Hitoo Offline

In my own opinion, I'm against dual clienting as, some have already said, it kills an online game. MMO is meant for ''Massively Multiplayer Online'' and not ''Me Myself Only'', in other words, it's a game to play in parties, explore dungeons, fight tough monsters together etc. and not level alone boringly on seals using a priest sitting in a cabin while you also use a sage to endow.

Support classes being easy to level alone? Yeah right, try making a creator alone, full agi with full agi equip and berserk potion = ~170 ASPD with a one handed chain with *no* possible mobbing skills and extremely low offensive skills (use 10 plant bottle to do Parasites that stay 30sec - 1 minute... yay?). In official servers and most every other server, they have a Homunculus to help them level as to see how impossible it is (and the Homunculus takes % of your acquired exp too). PS: The only offensive skill, apart from wasting tons of ingredients to make potions that aren't really strong, is Axe Mastery (bye bye ASPD). To level ''efficiently'' you have to be with a blacksmith to ''buff'' you and even then, he owns you with his damage output. So, dare say to me levelling alone a support (alchemist) is a peace of cake.

Seal is made to solo, not to dual client like freaks. Biolabs is made to party, not dual client like freaks, MVPs are made to fight together, NOT dual client them. Ragnarok Online is made to play in parties, not dual client your self. Say there's not enough people? You can easily make a party with 3-4 players, and don't tell me we don't at least have 3-4 players online 24/7.

You want to level fast and alone, go on high rates and good riddance.

P.S.: Krogoth, a TU priest build is simple:

99 Int, 60 Luk, 20 Vit, rest in Dex.
99 Int: to have the SP and never run out of it + it helps with TU chances.
60 Luk: Helps in TU chances + Lucky Dodge. And with Gloria, you will end up with 90 (94 with your Rosaries, so 99 Int + 94 Luck is good chances)
20 Vit: You wont get owned easily by AMs, you will survive Undead Attack, Kyrie Elision will be better.
Dex: You want the fastest cast possible with TU + it helps casting Kyrie in between (aka, you kill an AM and another one comes to you)

If you do that with the basic buyable gear (2 Rosaries and the Surivival Rod of Int) You will cast TU in 0,5 seconds with 69 base dex and job 50. Plus, TU's max chance is 75%, not 50%. And what affects your % chacne is your Int, your Luck and your base level.

[Image: sign2.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2007 05:39 PM by Hitoo.)
01-12-2007 05:24 PM
Kaoreii Offline

RE:??What about a reset?

Force-Attuned Krogoth Wrote:I have a question.??How do you TU ancient mummies and survive more than 50% of the time???I find myself really hitting against the skill delay and stunlock if the mobs get close, and those mummies are uncomfortably fast.??At level 99 with 99 int and luk, there's only a 50% chance it'll work if they're near full.??Adding dex just makes that worse.??Maybe I'm missing the trick of surviving, which is why I'm still in the underprison.??(well, and I'm also amusing myself with magnus)

Anyway, the support roles are, imho, undervalued by alot of people.??I'd like to demonstrate how useful a priest or dancer can be.??Soloing is fine, and I don't want to make it infeasible.??I particularly don't want to turn RO into a game where you stand around in town for three hours waiting for a tank and a healer to log on.??I just happen to enjoy the party mechanics, and wish people in general were more open to the idea.??I'm more than willing to run some exp/hr comparisons, if anyone is interested in doing so.

I found that letting someone else do it while I watched was fun. Icon_wink No, really, agi up myself and run around like crazy and pray. (appropriate, for a priestess). As far as how to ACTUALLY do it, without dying a lot, you'd have to ask Alexander. He's the one I was watching. He was trying to teach me how to do it, but I'm just, like, dumb that way. Icon_lol

I totally see your point, and I agree with you. Partying with someone else (provided that they aren't either moronic, jerky, or illiterate which is where my aforementioned snobbiness comes in) is better than soloing in my opinion.

I'd have more to say but I'm at work and I keep...having...to work (imagine that!). So my train of thought crashes a lot.

01-12-2007 05:47 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

I think Hitoo described a good TU build, altough at lower level you can sacrifice a little int and stop at like 75~80 to raise your dex (cast time) faster. Aside from that, priest are definatly a class that can be leveled fast. And aco is also one of the fastest first class to level (firelock + heal + pneuma).

I do see some people party for real, and I appreciate that not everyone is running solo. I'm still working on the january patch, I'll see if I have time to disable dual-clienting.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
01-12-2007 06:06 PM
Kaoreii Offline

Don't overwork yourself, Panda. Icon_lol

Man. No dual-clienting means I'll have to (eventually) buy another PC. D: Boooo. /whine

01-12-2007 06:12 PM
Cream Offline
Banned

Force-Attuned Krogoth Wrote:I have a question. How do you TU ancient mummies and survive more than 50% of the time? I find myself really hitting against the skill delay and stunlock if the mobs get close, and those mummies are uncomfortably fast. At level 99 with 99 int and luk, there's only a 50% chance it'll work if they're near full. Adding dex just makes that worse. Maybe I'm missing the trick of surviving, which is why I'm still in the underprison. (well, and I'm also amusing myself with magnus)

All you need is practice. After a while, you'll notice how AMs react when they get hit by a failed TU, by walking in the opposite direction of where it should be going after the stunlock from the TU, you can do another without ever getting hit. Its kinda hard to explain, but you'll notice that after a while. You can also hunt a Bathory card first, that will make the AM's "9999 attack" (that usually deals around 2-3k) to miss everytime.
01-12-2007 06:20 PM
SwiftStrike Offline
teh fuh.

woah, no dc...Icon_cry

thats AWESOME!

[Image: seifer.jpg]
01-12-2007 06:39 PM