Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What about a reset?
Pyronic Offline
Fire Starter

RE: What about a reset?

[/quote]

Of course, this is just one man's viewpoint; I am admittedly more party-oriented than most people in heRO. But some jobs, like priest, bard, and dancer, function particularly well in a party, but have only marginal soloing ability. I think that removing dual-client capability would make it less disparately difficult to get experience in a support role.
[/quote]

umm... you could just ask or look for that certain class and level with him. im pretty sure the rates are 5/5/3 for a reason. So its not to hard and not to easy. I think with dual clienting its to easy. You basicly got a preist, none stop buffs and heal. Also teh fact that it gives an illusion of teh actual number of players on server.

exp:

New guy:cool a good number of people on this server Icon_biggrin
*register*
*char create*
*starts leveling*

New: ok now i should fnid peopel to party with. Exuce me woudl you like to party?

player: *no answer*

New guy: might be afk. how about you?

player: *no response*

New guy: grr no one playing or what?

baboo: naw its ok i got my paty

New guy: umm... who are you. did i talk to you befor?

baboo: yea you talk to my 2 other characters

New guy: (Yeaaa.... f*ck that il go find an other server.)

see what i mean?Icon_confused

[Image: pyrosig1ln4.th.jpg]

Uploaded with
ImageShack.us
    *~Talking to my blades like they fly b*tches~*
01-13-2007 12:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cream Offline
Banned

hahaha baboo... HAHAHAHAHA

...sorry im going to sleep now
01-13-2007 05:01 AM
Alexander Offline
Arch Angel

Yeah, Hitoo already gave a decent TU build- so I'll skip that. Although I'd worry more about dex then luck. ;oP

And no one mentioned alchemists before. I know, there *has* to be a way I haven't thought of yet to level them. So far, the best I've been able to come up with is leeching or acting as a priest with pot throwing...but for the moment, I have to agree. They are by far the most pain in the butt class to level.

And I know I haven't been around much, but did I miss something? XD I thought there was some big vote that decided to keep DC. I don't care that much...my only problem with disabling it, is I can't transfer my equipment between my characters without it.
01-13-2007 12:21 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

I think this will encourage people to establish trust with each other when they need to transfer items. Most servers I played did not have dual-clienting and we used to do fine. Now all I see is afk priest/linker standing in corners.

I know some people are against it, but I would like to ask you to try it for a month, stop whining and give it an honest try, who knows you might even learn to like it, party with people, socialize, it's fun! It's how the game was meant to be, and honestly, everyone should be able to level without their personal buffers..

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
01-13-2007 12:48 PM
Sync Offline
The Tempest

@Hitoo and Alexander: hmm theres a reason why alchemists are so hard to level .. its name is Creator's Acid Bomb if you aint got vit any char will kill you with ease most of the time if you do got vit your about to get bombed in the face have your armor broken... thats why eathena made em harder to level. well thats the way I see it. oh and btw the main reason there so hard to level is because I've heard theres no homoncolus skills on this server wich I'm all for cause with homoncolus = WAY to easy!!! and way too powered!!
01-13-2007 01:28 PM
Alexander Offline
Arch Angel

RE:??What about a reset?

Sync Wrote:@Hitoo and Alexander: hmm theres a reason why alchemists are so hard to level .. its name is Creator's Acid Bomb if you aint got vit any char will kill you with ease most of the time if you do got vit your about to get bombed in the face have your armor broken... thats why eathena made em harder to level. well thats the way I see it. oh and btw the main reason there so hard to level is because I've heard theres no homoncolus skills on this server wich I'm all for cause with homoncolus = WAY to easy!!! and way too powered!!

I don't mean to be rude or offensive, but you're only displaying your own ignorance. <.<

For one, don't forget *all* creator skills require a bottle to use, pretty much. Hunting the stuff is rather tedious, it'll take a couple hours to get a few hundred of some of the stuff. Just some. And that's assuming you're going around one-shotting them. =oP Then, you also have to take into consideration that from the stuff, not all of it will even succeed. For instance, in the case of Acid Demonstration, it requires alcohol for the bombs. That has a rather low success rate to create. If you go pure brewer and get buffs, you might get a nifty 70% success rate. (Numbers are approximated). That's only the alcohol, still need to make those into bombs! So you lose even more. And bombs are just half of AD. Don't forget the acid bottles. =D So really, it's not like they're going to be able to spam it every WoE unless they have a lot of time on their hands, or a heck of a lot of help. And also, an AD build can't be a pure brewer! =D AD requires int for damage, and you'll want dex to make sure you get those casts off. And if you plan to WoE, vit is a must. So luck suffers quite a bit, and dex does more so then a brewer would.

Point number 2.Sacrafice / heals / defending aura. Pneuma. Enough said.

Also, I hate to break it to you, but you WANT to have less vit for AD. AD does more damage based on vit, kind of like an ice pick. However, it's damage on other players is cut in half. And in WoE, cut in half again (all ranged attacks are, last I remember. I think the % reduction in WoE may have changed.) Cards do effect it. Thara / raydric / deviling / ghostring. It can't change elements, so all of those will always work.

Bombs, or I think what you mean is acid terror, won't hurt from an AD built creator. While AD relies on int, acid terror and bomb rely on attack, derived primarily from strength.

As for homonculus, in their beta stages, I would have agreed with you. Well, pre-beta even..when they first started coming up with concepts and less hard numbers. Seeing it now though? I won't say that until I see them in action. They got nerfed quite a bit, and may be balanced now. And regardless, alchies could use some lovin' for leveling.

(Edit because I completely forgot to respond to Pandy.)

If I did / do come back though and start playing again. Just who would you suggest I have do that? =oP Not everyone has someone that's always around and trustworthy enough. In general, a lot of people seem to be coming here themselves, should they create more then one account, they'll face the same thing. Further more, there's been a *lot* of drama about people stealing stuff from other peoples accounts as it is. Do we really want to encourage situations where it becomes more likely to happen?
(This post was last modified: 01-13-2007 08:37 PM by Alexander.)
01-13-2007 08:34 PM
Eldakar Offline
DevYne SublYme KevYne

This topic is not about dual clienting, but about a server reset.

Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.
01-13-2007 09:01 PM
Sync Offline
The Tempest

I would respond but meh
01-13-2007 09:02 PM
ShadesOfBlue Offline
Order of Chaos

G?n?ral_Argos Wrote:With the incoming svn, I think its the proper time for a reset .Icon_biggrin (And disabling dual client too)

What do you think?

that was the very first post ehalter

[Image: obama_supporters.jpg]
01-13-2007 09:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Eldakar Offline
DevYne SublYme KevYne

But all respond is about DC.

Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.
01-13-2007 09:19 PM