Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Reduction to bg point requirements for gears
Shinibu Offline
Lazy Bum

Reduction to bg point requirements for gears

I am making another suggestion thread but this one is based solely on the outrageous price totals required to earn bg gears.??The entire purpose of bg coming into existence was to give players the opportunity to gain gears quickly in a way unrelated to pvming.??In a normal bg environment, the regular bg gear prices are 80 badges armor, 50 for shoes and garment.??Here they are 175 for shoes/garment and 450 for the armor.??Why in the world is the regular bg set the same price as glorious?

Only a few classes gain any true benefit over glorious armors set (Hwiz, sniper, clown, gypsy, blacksmith/alchemist).??The normal gears should be alot lower then they already are.??Should only be around 200-250 tops for an entire gear set considering you also have the factor in you will need multiples of these garments/shoes depending on the cards you need (raydric, noxious, matyr, green ferus).??

Also why are the normal weapons so close in price to the glorious weapons when they are vastly inferior.??The only normal bg weaponsthat can be considered good are the warlock battle wand and assaulter spear.??Every other weapon gets completely outclassed for an almost identical price.??Normal weapons should honestly be 100-200 bg points tops.??

Now on to glorious gears, while they are the superior option in most situations, they are still worth too much considering how little opportunities most players have to obtain enriched oridecon.??You have to bg if you win/lose 50% rate around 125 bg's to obtain 1 glorious weapon.??The average time you waste per bg is around 13 minutes (5 minute wait, 3 minute wait, 5 minute battle).??That is approximately 27 hours of bging for one weapon that honestly isnt good until its at least +6.??Considering our system of bg doesnt allow for an anytime go bg (keys help but honestly not enough), the downtime you wait for the next bg not to mention the possibility of getting left out really pushes people away from wanting to bg.

With our system of being able to obtain gears with bg points, players wont even be relevant until they bg at least probably 150 hours to get a glorious set and a +6 weapon.??Please consider lowering the points by alot.??Here is a rundown of what I believe the items should be point wise.

Normal BG items:
Armor - 100 points
Garment/shoes - 50 points
Weapons - 100 points

Glorious gears
Weapons - 250 points
Armor - 200
Garment/shoes - 100

Etc:
Medals - 300
Glorious rings - 500
Black belt / Kunai / silencer - 250
Glorious Public Ring - 100

TL:DL Version - Reduce the points required for gears, it takes to long.??It's another barrier that hurts newer players.??Get people geared for woe faster.
(This post was last modified: 09-29-2013 09:16 PM by Shinibu.)
09-29-2013 08:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Menace651 Offline

RE: Reduction to bg point requirements for gears

+1 for this.

Normal BG gears cost needs to be scaled way back. Glorious gears are ok at where they are but the cost could be cut a little. Cost for glorious gears is already a lot lower than official BG. I would like to see consumables added to the BG reward list too. It takes an insane amount of zeny and mats to BG properly for some classes. Adding consumables would help soften the economic blow to players.

Just @who2 Menace ingame. You should find me if I'm on. thanks!
09-29-2013 10:06 PM
Gojira Offline
truth hurts

And last but not least, remove the freaking cost on BG, players invest enough in materials, they don't need to drop extra zeny just to get in.

[Image: 14tph6o.png]
09-29-2013 10:07 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

I always thought it crazy the class armors cost so much when they really need to have a stat enchant for the most part to be awesome. Icon_sad

+1 for lowering some items in BG. Would feel like doing it again if I ever felt like I could get a gear someday.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
09-29-2013 10:44 PM
Tulwar Offline
Forum Lurker

+1. This server is now going in the right direction, but this is one misplaced stone in its path. If anything, the BG Armor sets really, really need the point costs set back a lot.

Tulwar: 99/70 Clown - heRO's #1 NOOBTASTIC Clown x]
Parfait!: 90/70 High Priest - The (in)famous Elitist Thug ;]
Fuwa: 99/70 Sniper - Pewpewpew
Axel Almer: 99/70 SinX - Noob AGI Sinx
Vorel: 99/69 Champ - Another Unoriginal Champ
Artist: 99/50 Wizard - Free Nontrans WoE Points ^3^/
09-29-2013 10:57 PM
iMilo Offline

Nice Icon_biggrin

Sorry for bad English!!! Icon_biggrin
09-29-2013 11:19 PM
Shinigami l0_0l Offline
Lost in Time

+1 since i just start BGing recently~~
09-30-2013 12:43 AM
n3xus Offline

sounds like a good idea

[Image: asdfnx.jpg]
09-30-2013 01:20 AM
Mr.Jekku Offline

+1 Takes way too long to get the items with the current point amount.
09-30-2013 01:31 AM
myBlack_isWhite Offline

I've spent around 20m (old payment for the enrtance which was 50k, + money spent on whities with discount at NPC) and ~4 months to farm points for my glorious cure wand for my HP. And it's only for one, so i don't even dare to try making it +6. Untill i got this one i was using Dex Surv Rod with Drops C. and +8 SoR. And those two were a way easier to obtain than +4 Glorious Cure Wand.

So yeah, it's definitely good idea.
+1.

Mr Brightside ~ High Priest 99/70
Mr Darkside ~ Assassin Cross 99/70
Magic Nerd ~ Professor 99/70
Mr Drunkside ~ Champion 98/67
SpeedCrew ~ Sniper 97/67
Pepe Carrero ~ High Wizard 96/67
Jimi Hendrix ~ Clown 95/65
Millionyoung ~ Stalker 95/65
Tony Grey ~ Creator 92/64
Fouk ~ Lord Knight 92/58