Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Change Nidhoggur Shadow MVP stats/skillset
Shinibu Offline
Lazy Bum

Change Nidhoggur Shadow MVP stats/skillset

As the majority of us on the server know, the Nidhoggur shadow mvp on this server is not the official version. The one on HeRO is an insanely buffed dragon that is pretty much impossible to kill except with the same copy/paste boring door asura option that everyone on this server uses for the majority of big mvp's here. A dragon that spams crits for 30k (wearing alice, raydric, and assumptio, uses edp lv 4, spams SG that also freezes people on LP, dispels like crazy, does EQ, has 3.2 mil more hp then the real one, breaks gears, and a few others things I cannot remember off the top of my head.

I am suggesting a nerf to this MVP to allow this mvp to be killed in more then just a door asura method. Honestly I would like to hear more people on this server give suggestions on what this mvp should be. Every other mvp on this server can easily be killed in a different method. For example not including door asura:

Valk Randgris: AD spam, asura while tanking, or even SS spamming from multiple snipers.

Beelzebub: SBK Sinx, LK spiral, LK BB spam, WS CT spam.

Satan Morroc: AD spam, tanking while multiple champs asura spam.

Orcus: Solo sniper dsing it, Hwiz SGing it, WS CT spamming.

Naght seiger: Reflect pally, SBK spam, SS snipers.

All of these mvp's have multiple ways of being killed with good organization. So TL:DR version, MVP is stupid with only one way to realistically be killed, rework the mvp and give it a nerf.
10-07-2013 05:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE: Change Nidhoggur Shadow MVP stats/skillset

I'm open to it, because honestly I find portal asura total bullcrap.

Do instances finally work right on this renewal client stuff we got?

If so, this opens up to actually making it more like the official MVP no probs. :3

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
10-07-2013 06:06 PM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

Instances should have been possible last/this SVN, unless I'm missing something.
Orc's Memory or whatever it is wasn't put in because it was having issues (double spawning mobs, which was an easy fix), and possible exploits with the entrance cooldown - which wasn't such a fast one when we needed to move the update out quickly.

That Baphometwhateverthing wasn't put in because the script around at that time was bugged to all hell. Mob spawning. Item dropping. Item using bugginess everywhere that made me want to cry. But you could get at least 2 instances of it running at the same time, as I did with testers back then.

But that was years ago, so I may have forgotten other issues. It happens.
Edit: This is possible. I remember Nidd was supposed to have moving bridges, etc as well that were possibly not supported on that SVN. But plain instancing should work.

New client has nothing to do with backend game/map mechanics like that.

Inasad
stop doing dickers
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2013 08:26 PM by Ellie.)
10-07-2013 08:08 PM
myBlack_isWhite Offline

What you know about Sieger killing on heRO? xD

Mr Brightside ~ High Priest 99/70
Mr Darkside ~ Assassin Cross 99/70
Magic Nerd ~ Professor 99/70
Mr Drunkside ~ Champion 98/67
SpeedCrew ~ Sniper 97/67
Pepe Carrero ~ High Wizard 96/67
Jimi Hendrix ~ Clown 95/65
Millionyoung ~ Stalker 95/65
Tony Grey ~ Creator 92/64
Fouk ~ Lord Knight 92/58
Californication ~ Soul Linker 91/50
10-08-2013 01:57 AM
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

Nydhoggur is fine like he is. If you dont want to portal asura him, bring 6 creos, he can be ADhitlocked (or one 150 dex 150 int like me when with my guild I had a try some years ago).

Orcus can be actually solo'ed by a sniper, if it have nuts.

Beelze: standard method is SBK, fastes damagin method is WS cart termination. If someone wanna do a party with WS instead of SinX, free to do that.

Satan Morroc: Even with more vit it would be still killed with Portal Asura. And he need to be strong and powerful, he IS Satan Morroc.

Mama Valk: There was reflect method, but now it telep, so it remains Portal Asura. And its not possible to lower her strenght, shes Valkyrja Randgris.

Naght Sieger: yeah, what do you know about Sieger killing on heRO?

Album Collection:
[img]WIP[img]
and counting

CLICK HERE HeRO Videos!

[Image: image,RNGod,white,black.png]
[Image: NYD-ONESHOT-7-85-M-damage.png]
[Image: Screenshot-20190605-030429.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2013 05:25 AM by The Roger.)
10-08-2013 05:21 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Actually Nidhoggur should be changed to its official version along with the other monsters there since its pretty much possible now to probably put the whole dungeon into its intended instance form.

I thought we tended to try putting in official stuff where possible once we're able to have it? Isn't that why Nameless Abbey eventually had to be quested to gain access? Or Moscovia being the same?

I'm just applying similar logic to Nid. Icon_razz

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
10-08-2013 09:35 AM
Adrillf Offline
Google Me

One thing that I was thinking was that if we add to the coding. Other monsters (correct me if I'm wrong) have the ability to react to specific skills. Think Ra, if you're brave enough to hit him with an SG, things happen. What if we just added to the code that if they get hit by asura they teleport? If we're so anti-asura when killing the big bad MVP's, then let's stop portal asuras, or at least make it so that every time that you try to portal asura you have to pull the MvP back to the portal. Bare minimum, that's a HUGE time sink.

My favorite solution is to make the mob dangerously stupid hard on both sides of the portal. Think bio3, there's a reason that no one rarely goes down there, and those mobs haven't been mentioned at all in the portal asura list, because both sides of the map are stupid dangerous. In theory, you CAN portal asura bio3 mvp's, but the time and effort to set that up and maintain a clear area to asura the mvp, and the high probability that by the time you recharge that the damage has been mainly healed out. As 'old' of a dungeon it is Bio is more high end than any of the new, custom dungeons. SM might be bigger and stronger than Margaretha, but when push comes to shove, on which is more difficult to kill, I'd put my money on Margetha and her friends any day of the week.

If I remember the invasion event right when we were given the entirely free exp loss free, no extra mobs to deal with, event that was held in Lighthalzen by GM-Chaucer, a full team of players couldn't clear the Howard MvP in under an hour. Sure, maybe we weren't the most organized team of Howard hunters, and I don't think we had the highest tier of items available, but still a group of 99/70 players, with an entirely free map, no distractions, and being able to corner him, should be able to do SOMETHING.

The only other thing that I'd love to see, is a modification of Bee's effect for one (or more) of the asura fodder MvP's. I know that this one would be a coding nightmare, and the chances of that actually happening are slim, but in a perfect world, that would be my solution. Asura Nyd to 50% health, and then he switches maps, right on the warp point, ready to smash and dash the party's face in. Sort of like Bee and his two forms, but the different forms just happen to be on alternate maps.
10-08-2013 03:01 PM
cane 33 Offline
Pancake

You never see people kill asura portal and sonic blow portal: not so hard to do Icon_biggrin

And the last event where GM summon a mvp of bio, my friends killed her.
The class isn't water u.u

Btw I prefer have nydd in this condition

[Image: 2uikp3q.jpg]

Ren is the best
10-08-2013 03:15 PM
Debris Offline
Equivalent Exchange

RE:??Change Nidhoggur Shadow MVP stats/skillset

Adrillf Wrote:One thing that I was thinking was that if we add to the coding. Other monsters (correct me if I'm wrong) have the ability to react to specific skills. Think Ra, if you're brave enough to hit him with an SG, things happen. What if we just added to the code that if they get hit by asura they teleport? If we're so anti-asura when killing the big bad MVP's, then let's stop portal asuras, or at least make it so that every time that you try to portal asura you have to pull the MvP back to the portal.

If i remember correct, that's a bit like Hardrock Mammoth, he doesn't take damage from Asura. So if it's the same it's able to code.

Caitlin
Disease, Debris, Shiranai
[Image: sblkpu.jpg]
10-08-2013 03:17 PM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

Since when does Hardrock Mammoth not take damage from Asura???I'm pretty sure the last time I checked the only reason people don't Asura him is because of "Earthquake lv 10, Any - Hit by Asura Strike @ Self, 0 sec cast time, 0 sec cast delay, 100% chance, uninterruptable" - not because it doesn't deal damage to him.

Furthermore, the reason Bio3 MVPs aren't portal Asura killed is not because of the difficulty of the map in terms of danger in setting up (Level 2 Bio is not even scary in the slightest).??Rather, the problem is that the run back is potentially long (for when the champ or HP or lure dies) whereas for SM it's about as fast as it could possibly be, AND because Bio3 is a maze of REALLY tightly packed mobs many of whom spam AoE or are very fast (movement speed) making actually getting the MVP to the portal way more trouble than it's (usually) worth.

EDIT: Ah, I found what you meant about no Asura damage. But that's only because of his once per 10 seconds casting of Illusionary Shadow. If it weren't for his 0-second delay EQ on Asura hits that would be easy to deal with.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2013 03:35 PM by azurerogue.)
10-08-2013 03:33 PM