Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Questions about rules
Norr'u Offline

Questions about rules

Hello, I am new to both RO and HeRO .. I found this server from an ad and I found it interesting. So I looked at HeRO forum to know more about this server. and there, I found some interesting threads, about banned list and jailed list. I am impressed at how strict this server is so I become more interested to join this serverLove. BUT I saw somethings that bother me .. and confuse me.
1. Botting
2. AFK
3. Prohibited things to do on Prontera street.
Those are some things I do not understand clearly. For botting .. maybe.. you want the players to do things manually .. like this game is real so you have to do everything step by step.. If that so, I'm okay with it.
For AFK ... do you mean you can't leave your character for a long time ..? I mean .. like when you open a shop, you have to wait in front of the computer? I hope someone could explain about this.
And then.. about Prontera street.. Maybe it's like real life? .. Is that so?
There more things that I do not understand, but I can't list them all right now, maybe later in the game I'll be able to understand them more. Maybe I should read some more forums.. Also, I'm sorry that my english isn't that understandable and if I'm asking silly things .___. .Sorry
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2013 01:43 AM by Norr'u.)
10-25-2013 01:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Shinigami l0_0l Offline
Lost in Time

RE: Questions about rules

Afk is allowed, but AFK when u receiving exp/item is not allowed. most of them is guilty because they AFK with their homun activated, soo they still got exp from the homun kills. AFK on party and leech exp from your party member is not allowed either..

for vending merchant, there's a command called autotrade command. with that you can keep vending when you close your heRO client or on another account.

sidewalk rule for vendor in prontera is to keep those vendor in order and not to get in the players way..
10-25-2013 03:11 AM
Ptah Offline
Lurker Above

^ What he said.
You can leave PC as much as you want, but you can't continue receiving things from it. As mentioned, most of that goes after creators with their homun (and even if you don't get any items, AFKing for too long without placing homun to rest on the fields fits into this, since your homun is still getting experience from killing.)

Botting is mainly referred to special programs that does something for you. This applies to both autoclickers/macros and special botting programs for RO. This rule is applied on most servers, since when it's not server becomes a bot galore, where you win for the most bots you place, and that completely messes game up.

Prontera rule is quite simple. Since Prontera is the main town on this server, most vendors and autovendors are placed there. Since it would be hard to walk if vendors were all over the place we have this sidewalk rule applied. Means you can't place vendors or set up chat in the middle of the street.

Hope this'll help ^_^

Also, while you're lurking forums, you should lurk on HeROwiki also, it has quite some info there Icon_wink

God i have too many characters. Just call me Bisu and let's end this -_-
[Image: fco46t.jpg][Image: 4se5oh.jpg]
Want to help HeRO? Feeling you're full of ideas that people will adore? Don't just stand there! Join HeRO T&D Crew!
10-25-2013 04:29 AM
Cat-Alin Away

Quote:for vending merchant, there's a command called autotrade command. with that you can keep vending when you close your heRO client or on another account.

Thanks for clearing that up. I left my merc AFK yesterday, but I didn't use autotrade. Kinda didn't know what that was. For a second there, I thought I broke a rule...! But as long as I don't use autotrade and just have heRO open while my merc is vending stuff, it's okay, right?

C-A

Xiao Lan  - Level 74 Wizard
Gong Zhu - Level 31 Vend Merchant
Yu Lian - Level 29 FS Acolyte
10-25-2013 05:19 AM
Norr'u Offline

Ooh... ok. I received some nice replies .u. I tend to goes afk .. or brb while I'm on the city. I'm still in front of the computer but I'm doing something else. Thank you for the replies ~ w ~ ...
10-25-2013 07:43 AM
Fyrus Carmin Offline
The aura is with me !

It's not a problem if you go AFK and leave your character around.

You just have to make sure he isn't on Auto-Follow, or with an aggressive Homunculus out, that's it.

[quote=Cat-Alin]
Quote:But as long as I don't use autotrade and just have heRO open while my merc is vending stuff, it's okay, right?
Yes, it's perfectly fine.

[Image: sansre5m.png]
[Image: sansre3o.png]
Quote:Note that any GM activity including monster summoning and mass carnage of players can be considered trolling (however, this can be disguised as an "event")
10-25-2013 09:55 AM
Former-GM-Kaenec Offline

Hi Norr'U!

The replies so far have been correct. I just wanted to make note that players cannot vend on maps with monsters. Similarly, we don't want vendors to get in the way of players who are leveling.

[Image: dzxm42.jpg]
Thank you Mr. Charcanine for the signature!
10-25-2013 12:39 PM
EggShen Offline

RE:??Questions about rules

[quote=Cat-Alin]
Quote: But as long as I don't use autotrade and just have heRO open while my merc is vending stuff, it's okay, right?

Just to clarify, you can use auto-trade.

Welcome to heRO Icon_biggrin
10-25-2013 01:41 PM