Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ragnarok The Animation
Enfermeira Joy Offline
Enfermeira Joy s2 Yamaha

Ragnarok The Animation

Ok, remember I said I'd do a review on animes and all?? Ok! Now I'm almost stablished at my new place, I'm done with my exams and I'm so inspired \o/!
To start, I thought, why not talk about the anime that tells a story inside our own loved game?

Info: This anime was based on the MMORPG Ragnarok Online. It started to be produced in the beggining of 2004, and finally published by TV Tokio in Japan in 2005. The first season is complete with 26 episodes and the second is on the oven.

Overall Idea: The story happens in Rune Midgard, the same world as the game. There is an evil character who is called the Dark Lord who wishes to bring dark times to this world. In order to do that he needs the seven crystals each representing one of the seven ambitions(you might also hear it as the seven strenghs, it depends on who translated it xD!), the very ones who imprisoned him long ago...

Characters:

*Roan - yeah, he is the main character. He is a swordman(oh! how not predictable! a swordsman, on ragnarok?) and he goes off in a journey with this lovely girl Yufa, who is his childhood friend, in order to protect her. He is very cocky and he kinda gives the impression that he likes Yufa, so he trys to show off to her a lot. Later on he becomes a Crusader and I'm just afraid that's all I can say about him without spoils.

*Yufa - Roan's childhood friend who is a acolyte. She lost her brother, and is still mourning. She is a sweet, delicate yet brave girl, very naive and innocent \o\! Later on she becomes a mighty priest(yeah we will soon rule the world /gg)

*Takius - A sexy mage(ok not that sexy, I think so xDDD with that dark blinker ohh blinker blinker *__*) who is wearing a dark blinker is the third character to be introduced to us. She is very serious and is in search of the "Ultimate Truth". In order to do so she wears this dark blinker, which is supposed to make her powers go bam wow, since she has control of it. She is a pupil of Zephyr.

*Maya - NO NOT THE MVP. This girl is a merchant who always is seen with her pet Poy-Poy the Poring. She usually join parties to loot steal and make profit out of it, later on you'll understand why, but it has something to do with her broken heart in childhood ;__; this traumatized kids... She meets with Roan and Yufa at the culverts and is saved by them. She goes from mean, evil and selfish to helpful and very lovely after getting attached with Yufa.

*Iruga - Childhood friend of Yufa's brother. He's and assassin. He sees his friend die and from that day on he swears he'll protect Yufa in memory of his friend. He travels along with this hunter Judia.

*Judia - Terrible TERRIBLE hunter. She was lame and noob. Then she was saved by Iruga. In a pass of magic she improves a big deal. From that day on she just tagged along with him and they became companions. Yeah she can read the cards, as a Gypsy, go figure...

*Dark Lord - is the greatest representation of evil within Rune-Midgard. He shows a noticeable superiority to all other monsters in the anime, and proves to be the world's greatest threat, despite being sealed away long ago by the "Seven Ambitions." He is so cunning and devious, he manages to convince three of the seven souls he needs to be revived to work for him. From several scenes, it seems that the Dark Lord consists of two identities, both being equally evil.

*Keough - Yufa's brother, he died in front of Iruga in Glast Heim(and his sister u.u). Can't tell much about this character, you have to watch or I'll give spoilers >__<!

*Zephyr - Takius mentor, he is a wizard, he has an incredible knowledge of magic and is insane. Yeah, he laughs out of nowhere and fight with people with candy canes =]! Yay! I wanna hit someone with a candy cane \o\! Anyways, he falls in the hands of the Dark Lord since he is insane. Poor guy, I feel like I must give this spoiler! He once had a family, but they all died in one of his experiments, that's why he is weird.

*Zealotus - is the offspring of a monster father and a human mother. Because of the prejudice of her monster half, Zealotus and her mother were forced to leave their village. The cruelty of the villagers left a deep hatred of humans in Zealotus's heart. After her mother's death, Zealotus lived among the monsters and became a cruel being. And she wears those clothes just like in the game!!! It's SOOO COOL!

Episode List:
1. For What Reasons Do You Wield That Sword?
2. Nice To Meet You, O-nii-chan
3. I Will Believe
4. Is That Your Strength?
5. What Did You Just Say?
6. Because I Won't Let Anyone Interfere
7. Are You Consoling Me?
8. Knowing The Value Of Life Is Unfortunate
9. Everything Is For The Sake Of Truth
10. Brother, Right?
11. There Is Only Despair In This World
12. I Can't Do It Alone
13. Protector
14. Why Don't You Answer?
15. Don't Worry, I Am Here
16. Cannot Save Anything
17. You've Already Stained Yourself
18. Everyone Already Knew
19. We'll Always Be Together
20. Enough Already...
21. I Need You
22. Which One Is The Lonely One?
23. Goodbye
24. The Place Of Absolute Denouement
25. One Who Has Realized Its Mistake
26. For The Sake Of Our Future

My opinion: I dislike this anime. All the characters are not well created. They have no will, no story, besides they change personalities like they take baths. Omg, what's that? Other than that... It's a good anime, for us ragnarok lovers it's cool, they have the same magics, and attacks, and monsters, and it's fun to see them in 2d =]!

Stars: ***

[Image: ?action=view&amp;current=fs1A_.png]
Enfermeira Joy - High Priest - 8x
Princess Peach - Hunter - 8x
The Joy's Shop
01-24-2007 11:35 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

RE: Ragnarok The Animation

I also disliked this anime. Even tough it's fun to see the RO stuff, the rest is average at best.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
01-24-2007 12:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Motenai_Ronin Offline
Lord Jugger

yup yup i've heard a lot of other bad reviews too

you might be able to catch this streaming on winamps video lists sometimes
that's the first time i watched it. I find it funny that they don't translate the names of the classes when they say it. It's funny at first but it does get old

~Wesa got a grand army!~ || ~Phreeoni's Cave of Wonders~
[Image: geonosisbanner.jpg][Image: phreenoni.png]  
Jugger (LK) Jester (Hunter) Beast (Taekwon) War Machine (BlackSmith) Iron Man (Merchant)
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2007 04:04 PM by Motenai_Ronin.)
01-24-2007 04:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kakiro Offline

Anime was bad, read the manga, seriously. The manga came before the MMO and anime and it's much much better then the anime. The manga story is COMPLETLY diffrent, like 100% diff.
04-07-2007 08:20 AM
Rei Ayanami Offline
hungry hungry hippo

i would if i can rad Japanese or they are readily available here in australia. anime is not a big thing and most anime fans here are fairly much seen as geeks, freaks, or a 2D otaku (although they don't use this term).

i find it really hard to get manga here and they tend to be very very expensive anyways. i mean one manga would cost about 10-20 dollars per book whereas if you purchase the Japanese one it is like 5 dollars for a set of 3-4.

When someone calls you a lunatic and the first thing that came to mind is a cute, fluffy, white bunny, you know you've played too much RO.

Welcome to our world.
04-09-2007 08:10 AM
Jubei Offline
Chairman

thats the same price in america really rei.

Anyways, yeah, didn't like it. Anime was sub par, characters were hard to follow, and the overall story was more predictible than a shonen manga.

[Image: hl101.jpg]
04-24-2007 10:07 AM
Tenshi Offline
•(The KutleRY)•

I'm not sure when the anime came out and I'm not sure about when some of the updates were implemented but ATT that I watched the anime I felt a little disappointed that some events that happened couldn't be mimicked IG. Like when *SPOILER* and then when *SPOILER* and then there was *SPOILER*.

[Image: 180da8wb2.gif]

I am the stone that the builder refused
Amicule, deliciae, num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
04-24-2007 02:04 PM
Enfermeira Joy Offline
Enfermeira Joy s2 Yamaha

Well... I never buy stuff XD I watch animes usually on youtube or I donwload them XD, man Japanese dubbing rox a lot! Well I read scanlations other then buy them. I'm evil and go against the laws, yeah I know, but I only like to spend money on stuff I like. I never go buying mangas I won't like in the future XD! I had to read 5 of love hina before buying the entire thing XD, and some that aren't released yet, I just read them on computer. My friends just don't like it they like the feeling of the weird non-quality paper on their hands XD!

[Image: ?action=view&amp;current=fs1A_.png]
Enfermeira Joy - High Priest - 8x
Princess Peach - Hunter - 8x
The Joy's Shop
04-25-2007 05:08 PM