Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Windows related problem.
Balmung Offline
Knight of Midgar

Windows related problem.

I know that this is not really the best place to ask this question but I don't have access to MSN nor AIM nor anything else than this board (and other forums) so might as well ask this question.

I've installed a game this week-end, after rebooting my computer, windows explorer refused to start. Everytime my computer starts explorer I get this message:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
L'instruction a "0x77e9888d" emploie l'adresse memoire "0x80040119". La memoire ne peut pas etre "read".

Cliquez sur OK pour terminer le programme.
Cliquez sur Annuler pour deboguer le programme.

A basic translation of this would be:
The instruction at "0x77e9888d" uses the memory adress "0x80040119". The memory cannot be "read".

Click on OK to close the application.
Click on Cancel to debug the application.

Of course that problem also keeps me from starting RO, even if I try to start it from the control pannel, it mostly crashes on start.

I also don't have access to my bottom bar systray which is sort of bothersome...

Right now im using opera which I started using the CTRL+ALT+DEL control pannel (using Execute... command)

I found that its also impossible to 'write' anything on my disk, I think my computer is basically running on my RAM.

In the hope that somebody know's that to do, thanks ^_^

Sorry if this question was innapropriate for a RO forum, but I want to play RO again and this keeps me from it.

Thank you.
10-30-2005 12:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tenshi Offline
•(The KutleRY)•

RE: Windows related problem.

well you should try ctrl+shift+esc (same thing as ctrl+alt+del to bring up the task manager I use the ctrl+shift+esc because i changed the way user login so ctrl+alt+del you can lock the screen and such for me) and execute 'Explorer'
You might also want to have gone back to your previous setting (like using norton ghost (hate symantec)) or the backup feature that is on windows (which is suggested to be used on a regular basis (scam to make more moeny on HDs I bet))
other than that you might (if you can) want to back up what you want/need off your PC and reformat and reinstall everything

[Image: 180da8wb2.gif]

I am the stone that the builder refused
Amicule, deliciae, num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
10-30-2005 12:58 PM
sirona Away
Eh?!

Balmung Wrote:I know that this is not really the best place to ask this question but I don't have access to MSN nor AIM nor anything else than this board (and other forums) so might as well ask this question.

I've installed a game this week-end, after rebooting my computer, windows explorer refused to start. Everytime my computer starts explorer I get this message:
L'instruction a "0x77e9888d" emploie l'adresse memoire "0x80040119". La memoire ne peut pas etre "read".

Cliquez sur OK pour terminer le programme.
Cliquez sur Annuler pour deboguer le programme.

A basic translation of this would be:
The instruction at "0x77e9888d" uses the memory adress "0x80040119". The memory cannot be "read".

Click on OK to close the application.
Click on Cancel to debug the application.

Of course that problem also keeps me from starting RO, even if I try to start it from the control pannel, it mostly crashes on start.

I also don't have access to my bottom bar systray which is sort of bothersome...

Right now im using opera which I started using the CTRL+ALT+DEL control pannel (using Execute... command)

I found that its also impossible to 'write' anything on my disk, I think my computer is basically running on my RAM.

In the hope that somebody know's that to do, thanks ^_^

Sorry if this question was innapropriate for a RO forum, but I want to play RO again and this keeps me from it.

Thank you.

You're not the only one who had this problem. Icon_evil But, I hadn't have any problems opening Windows Explorer.

One thing.. did you patch the whole sakray and Ragnarok? Sometimes, that helps. Icon_wink

I remember I had the message in the earlier on... How I got rid of it:
1) If you ever manage to get into Windows Explorer, go to your heRO folder.
2) From there, run the patch. Click cancel.. don't press start or you'll see that message again.
3) Double click on heRO.exe. It shouldn't appear now. (at least, it doesn't reappear for me)

I hope this helps Icon_biggrin

Semper vigilans.

Living my life like a ninja... so, leave me alone... *vanish*
10-30-2005 01:00 PM
Balmung Offline
Knight of Midgar

Actually using the alt+ctrl+del to restart my explorer from the execute command doesn't work. I receive the same error line as when my computer initially started...

Sorry for the people who wanted to talk to me on MSN if im not there x.x

I will try this week to get a working cd of Win2000 Familly server to see if I can use the repair command, otherwise I will probably end up buying a new HD and putting XP on it then grabbing all my important things on the other hd and move em to the new one.

But thanks for the help...hopefully someone will find a solution before I format o.o;

My MSN name is 'Maho' for those who wonders who I am.
Sorry Sirona that I won't be there for a while (maybe a week) Icon_biggrin;;

Note: If you install D-tools and it ask you to restart your machine before using it, please follow the instructions or you will end up like me Icon_wink
10-30-2005 03:56 PM
sirona Away
Eh?!

:confused:Oooh, c'est toi!

Je me demandais c'etait qui! Icon_biggrin (t'as change de forum name la) T'en fais pas la, j'ai pas de temps ces jour-ci avec le load de merde en devoir (term papers et tout) et preparer pour la conference a Mtl dans un peu pres 2 sem. Icon_evil Tout cas, bonne chance a toi avec ton ordi Icon_cool

p.s. C'est quoi D-Tools?

Semper vigilans.

Living my life like a ninja... so, leave me alone... *vanish*
10-30-2005 05:47 PM
Balmung Offline
Knight of Midgar

D-tools es un logiciel qui permet d'emuler un lecteur CD, en resumer c'est comme un lecteur CD virtuel, il existe pas vraiment.

Avec ca, tu peux loader des 'image' de CD, donc des copie, etc.

Merci pour tes encouragements ^_^
10-30-2005 08:57 PM