Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dirty Pair & Dirty Pair Flash
Enfermeira Joy Offline
Enfermeira Joy s2 Yamaha

Dirty Pair & Dirty Pair Flash

Dirty Pair
[Image: index-damsels_of_destruction.jpg]
Info: Dirty Pair is a humorous science fiction anime and manga based on the light novel series by Haruka Takachiho. The franchise has bounced across multiple formats and production companies, resulting in a television series, two OVA series, two OVA features, a feature film, and a number of comic series.

TV Series: The TV series Dirty Pair was the most popular of the Dirty Pair's incarnations. It ran 24 episodes during July to December of 1985. A bit weird that it has only 24 episodes(because usually there are 26 episodes in a season)? Its last two, unaired episodes were released as OVAs on 1st January 1987. The TV series has not been released in North America, the only part of this serie that has not been licensed to be translated to english! (I'm sorry I don't have the list of episodes, because it's very old >__<)

Ovas: Affair of Nolandia 1985
Dirty Pair 10 episodes, 1987-1988
Flight 005 Conspiracy 1990
Dirty Pair Flash 16 Episodes, 1994-1996

Film: Project Eden 1987

Comics: The American comic company and manga translator Studio Proteus acquired rights to create comic versions of the Dirty Pair in 1989. Later the rights were transferred to Dark Horse Comics. The first 3 series were written by Toren Smith and Adam Warren and drawn by Warren - after that Smith left the project and Warren took over writing completely. These stories have a much more cyberpunk style but in the later stories starting with "Fatal but not Serious" move into the transhuman subgenre.
[Image: dirtypair.jpg]
[Image: warren_cover1.jpg]
Biohazards - 4 issues, December 1988 - April 1989 (trade paperback [TPB], 1989; 1998, reissue)
I Honestly Hate You - ???? (included in 1998 Dark Horse Comics reprint of Biohazards)
Dangerous Acquaintances - 5 issues, June 1989 - March 1990 (TPB, 1991; 1997, reissue)
A Plague of Angels - 5 issues, August 1990 - November 1991 (TPB, 1994)
Sim Hell - 4 issues, May - August 1993; colorized reissue, May - August 2001 (TPB, 1994; 1996, 2nd edition; 2002, colorized reissue)
Fatal but not Serious - 5 issues, July - November 1995 (TPB, 1996)
Start the Violence - one-shot, May - July 1998 (TPB, 1999; also included in Run from the Future TPB)
Run from the Future - 4 issues, January - April 2000 (TPB, 2002)

Light Stories:The light novels are written by Haruka Takachiho with illustrations by Yoshikazu Yasuhiko. The first four books were originally serialized in the Japanese publication SF Magajin. The light novels have not been released in North America, however the first novel has been licensed by DH Press (Dark Horse) and is currently scheduled for release at the end of June 2007. English translations exist for the first story (published in a series of short books for Japanese students of English) and the fifth book, which was originally released in Japanese and English translation on the Microsoft Network during 1997-99.

Daatipea no Daibouken (The Dirty Pair's Great Adventures), 1979; book: 1980
Daatipea no Daigyakuten (The Dirty Pair Strike Again), 1985; book: 1985
Daatipea no Dairansen (DP's Rough and Tumble), 1985-87; book: 1987
Daatipea no Daidassou (DP's Great Escape), 1991-92; book: 1993
Dokusaisha no Isan (Legacy of the Dictator) - Dirty Pair Side Story #1, 1997; book: 1998
Daatipea no Daifukkatsu (DP's Great Resurrection), 2004
Daatipea no Daiseifuku (DP's Great Conquest), 2006

Radio Series: A fifth version of the "DP Concept" made its debut on 1 October 2006 in a 26-week radio series on FM Osaka, entitled "Lovely Angel: Kei & Yuri". A streaming Internet broadcast of successive episodes became available beginning 15 October. The stories will likely be more about the characters themselves than about their adventures. The series features Horie Yui as Yuri and Minagawa Junko as Kei. While Takachiho participated in the selection of the voice artists, he was not involved in the writing for these stories.

Overall Idea: The stories take place in the years 2138-43, by which time humanity has spread across some few thousand star systems. A corporation called the World Welfare Works Association (also WWWA or 3WA) helps local systems deal with problems by sending well-armed agents called "trouble consultants" to solve crimes or mysteries, for a fee. The series focuses on a team of trouble consultants named Kei and Yuri who have a reputation for leaving a trail of destruction behind them, for which they are called the "Dirty Pair".

Characters:
[Image: kei-1.jpg]
*Kei - a hot-headed redhead tomboy who wears a white or silver uniform. Favors large weaponry and to "shoot first, ask questions later". The more aggressive of the two, she is attracted to manly, muscular men.
[Image: cdp4.jpg]
*Yuri - Japanese in ethnicity, wears a yellow or golden uniform. Often uses non-gun weaponry such as energy whips. While the more feminine of the two, she is known to become very violent when crossed. She is also a coy flirt and prefers cultured, refined men. Her most recognized weapon is the Bloody Card, a technologically-enhanced throwing card that can be used to take down several people at once.

My opinion: Honestly I don't remember a lot from this anime, as you can see from my few opinions on this anime. It was made and published before I was born and the only time I saw it was when my mom was wathing it on tape. She seemed to like it a lot xD! Anyways... It was a big hit and success, and it is still remembered by many =].

Stars: ***

Dirty Pair Flash
[Image: _index.jpg]

Info: Dirty Pair Flash is the story of the same Kei and Yuri, yet in an alternate universe, set in the years of 2248-49. When Sunrise originally began the project, their idea was to make sequel to the original Dirty Pair series, but the original voice actress for Kei, had long retired and moved to North America, and the voice of Yuri, refused to work with anyone but her original partner, forcing the project to be only a remake of the original series instead.

Overall Idea and Characters: Well, it's almost the same review as the before xD! What can I say... xDDD I'll put the pics of the new Kei and Yuri, I'm still researching some differences(but the upper part was made mostly based on this anime, so I don't know much, I'm sorry xD)

Kei
[Image: _kei.jpg]
Yuri
[Image: _yuri.jpg]

Stars:***

[Image: ?action=view&amp;current=fs1A_.png]
Enfermeira Joy - High Priest - 8x
Princess Peach - Hunter - 8x
The Joy's Shop
01-26-2007 10:35 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Motenai_Ronin Offline
Lord Jugger

RE: Dirty Pair & Dirty Pair Flash

Icon_biggrin splendid, very professional
@w@

~Wesa got a grand army!~ || ~Phreeoni's Cave of Wonders~
[Image: geonosisbanner.jpg][Image: phreenoni.png]  
Jugger (LK) Jester (Hunter) Beast (Taekwon) War Machine (BlackSmith) Iron Man (Merchant)
01-26-2007 04:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply