Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
Enfermeira Joy Offline
Enfermeira Joy s2 Yamaha

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou

[Image: yokohama.jpg]
Info: Well this is interesting =], this anime has 2 OVAS only, no episodes, If I'm not mistaken, although there is a manga series(h? that I knew xD). They were both released as VHS movies in 1998. Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou is a manga series. The title translates to Yokohama Shopping Log, and in South Korea it is known as Caf? Alpha. The series is also called subtitled Quiet Country Cafe. The manga was written and drawn by Hitoshi Ashinano and was published in the Kodansha manga compilation Afternoon alongside many other famous manga such as Ah! Megami-sama (Oh My Goddess!) and Mugen no Juunin (Blade of the Immortal). It was first published in June 1994 and the final chapter, no. 140, was printed in February 2006. A short concluding postscript episode was published in May, 2006. This anime is noted for its beautifully spare pen and ink drawing style, as well as its calm, meticulously paced stories and engaging characters. Some of the chapters have no dialogue at all, and in most of the stories the dialogue only amounts to a few lines. There is an artbook and a postcard book accompanying the manga series. YKK is noted for deep characterizations, meticulous attention to detail and pacing, and the seemingly infinite open-endedness of the story. There is very little that is explained explicitly by the author, so fans of puzzles, enigmas and speculation will find a deep, interesting world full of curiosities. The stories unfold in a meandering progression, and are by turns funny, touching and nostalgic.

Overall Idea: The story is set in a peaceful post-cataclysmic world where mankind is in decline after an environmental disaster. The reduced human population has reverted to a simpler life, and the reader is told that humans are witnessing the twilight of their age. Instead of raging against their fate, there instead seems to be a quiet acceptance. The main character of YKK is Alpha, who runs an out of the way coffee shop on the lonely coastal Miura Peninsula of Japan. Alpha is a humanoid robot who has been entrusted with the shop by her "owner" who has left on a trip of indeterminate length. Alpha is open, cheerful, and gregarious, though she spends much of her time alone. Each chapter installment is more like a "slice-of-life" story depicting Alpha and her interactions with the world, as well as the characters she meets and when she occasionally leaves her caf? to shop for supplies. The stories do have continuity though, and seemingly insignificant details in early chapters will suddenly arise again to pull a later chapter together.

Characters:

*Alpha Hatsuseno
[Image: Yokohama%20Kaidashi%20Kikou.jpg]
A type A7M2 robot, one of only three production prototypes. She runs "Caf? Alpha". Alpha has a surprising affinity with all sentient beings. She is very open and cheerful, and is easygoing.

*Ojisan: He is a grandfather figure to Alpha. He runs a gas station where Alpha fills up her scooter and is the actual grandfather of Takahiro. Refers to himself as a bum, and seems to have some regrets about not pursuing a relationship with Sensei.

*Takahiro: The grandson of Ojisan. He meets Alpha at age nine, and Alpha quickly takes to him as if he was a younger brother. He grows up through the story and eventually moves away at approximately age fifteen(that was sad to me xD)

*Misago: A very misterious woman who lives in the inlets and bays near Alpha's caf?. She is an ageless wild-woman who lives in the woods stark naked and eats fish she catches with her short fangs and impossibly fast movements. She will only show herself to young children, and shies away from contact with adults. She does not age, and is not aware that children grow up. She is regarded as somewhat of a mythical creature.

*Sensei: An older classmate of Ojisan's generation. She played a part in the creation of the A7 series of robots, and hosted Director Alpha in her home. She is always called by her title.

*Kokone Takatsu: A type A7M3 regular production type robot. She is the first other robot that Alpha meets, and they become fast friends. Kokone began to develop feelings for Alpha when she delivered a package to Alpha during the course of her job as a courier. Kokone is sweet, shy, and somewhat intellectual, an interesting counterpart to Alpha.

*Ayase: A wanderer who travels endlessly, relying on his Kamas (a large predatory flying fish) to live off the land. He likes to see the curiosities of the land(and there are some very interesting, for instance there's missing a part of Mount Fuji xD!)

*Makki: A girl several years younger than Takahiro. She likes Takahiro and is initially jealous of Alpha. As she gets older, she becomes closer to Alpha. Her name is actually Matsuki, but everyone seems to call her Makki.

*Director Alpha: The A7M1 prototype of the A7 series, and thus the "older sister" to the other A7 robots. Both Director Alpha and Alpha, the main character, acquired their names because they were the initial models, or "alpha-types", of their robot series. Is a director on-board a stratospheric spacecraft called Taapon.

*Maruko Maruko: A type A7M3 robot with a rather prickly personality. She works as an artist and is unique in having changed her last name from her owner's to something she decided for herself. She likes Kokone and is often jealous of Alpha.

*Nai: A robot. He is unusual, as male robots rarely survived for unknown reasons. He flies a modified T-6 Texan aircraft and runs a delivery service. Nai is quiet and impassive.

Since I'm so kind xDDD I'll put this
for you guys to see the manga, if you wish =P~! Do be considerate when downloading them, since the bandwith cost money.

My opinion: Man I love this kind of anime/manga, they're light and you get to know the characters, and in this case, they're all so well retracted. Seriously, it's something you can spend a lot of time in xD because it's very simple and clean. I'd read it if I were you.

Stars:****

[Image: ?action=view&current=fs1A_.png]
Enfermeira Joy - High Priest - 8x
Princess Peach - Hunter - 8x
The Joy's Shop
01-27-2007 09:37 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply