Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien
Enfermeira Joy Offline
Enfermeira Joy s2 Yamaha

Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien

[Image: goossy_kimiga.jpg]
Info: Kimi ga Nozomu Eien "The Eternity You Desire", known as Rumbling Hearts in North America, is a Japanese renai game created by ?ge, first released in 2001 for the PC, which was later ported into all-ages versions for the Sega Dreamcast (by Alchemist) and PlayStation 2 (by Princess Soft). An anime series was later adapted from the game; it aired between October 5, 2003 and January 4, 2004, comprising 14 episodes in total. In addition, a second anime series, which will feature an alternative retelling of the plot, is currently under production. The original anime adaption has been very well recieved among us foreigners as in Japan, being of more success to older people.

Overall Idea:
[Image: Kimi%20ga%20nozomu%20Eien.jpg]
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien is a romance story, the central theme being an accident that profoundly affects the lives of a girl and her three high school friends.The story begins by introducing Haruka Suzumiya, Takayuki Narumi, Mitsuki Hayase and Shinji Taira. Mitsuki sets Takayuki up with the shy Haruka and they begin to date each other, out of sympathy or other reasons involving Mitsuki and her deep friendship with Haruka. Despite having such problems occur, Takayuki and Haruka eventually develop an intimate relationship. One day, Takayuki is running late on his way to meeting up with Haruka because he was spending time with Mitsuki(buying her a birthday gift as I recall). This turns into tragedy when Haruka becomes involved in a very serious automobile accident and as a result falls into a coma. This puts Takayuki into a serious state of depression since he felt guilty about it. As time goes by, Takayuki's mental condition grows worse and worse. Mitsuki begins to take care of him because she has feelings for him which she has always kept hidden. Eventually they start dating, and then eventually living together in Takayuki's small apartment. Then, one day, three years later, Haruka reawakens from her coma, oblivious to the goings-on of the previous three years. In addition, she is diagnosed with anterograde amnesia. The doctors ask that she be kept uninformed of what has happened in order to protect her fragile psyche.After Haruka wakes up, Takayuki is conflicted with his feelings of guilt and responsibility and must choose between Mitsuki and Haruka. The bulk of the story focuses on the suffering of the characters because of this predicament.

Characters:

Takayuki Narumi
[Image: kgne.jpg]
The protagonist, met Haruka by Mitsuki setting them up with a date during High School. Later, after Haruka gets in the accident, he felt responsible for it and falls into a deep depression. Later in the story, he works at a family restaurant after having regressed in his studies due to the accident. In Haruka's absence, he gradually begins to develop a relationship with Mitsuki.

Haruka Suzumiya
[Image: kimi00166jb.jpg]
A shy, timid girl; Mitsuki introduced her to Takayuki, they fell in love with each other. Her hobbies are collecting picture books. She is involved in a serious car accident and ends up in a coma. She awakens three years later.

Mitsuki Hayase
[Image: kimi01461ag.jpg]
Mitsuki is friends with both Takayuki and Haruka, but secretly she desires Takayuki. In high school, she was a strong swimmer and tomboy, but shortly after Takayuki and Haruka's relationship begins to develop, she grows distant and decides to quit, eventually leaving the swimming world altogether. She throws herself at Takayuki when he fails to climb out of his depression, and reveals her feelings for him. Mitsuki is well-meaning, but suppresses her feelings, allowing them to bottle up and explode in dangerous ways. Mitsuki also believes that she is responsible for her friend's accident, as she was the main reason why Takayuki was late for his date with Haruka.

Akane Suzumiya
[Image: kimi0478hs.jpg]
Haruka's younger sister, She initially sees both Takayuki and Mitsuki as older siblings until she finds out they have been seeing each other behind Haruka's back. While Haruka is in the hospital, she visits her every day. She, like Mitsuki, is a powerful swimmer in her own right, but feels as if she can never match Mitsuki. Her intense hatred towards Mitsuki after the accident can be attributed to the feeling of personal betrayal by someone she considered an idol for throwing away her talent and dreams as well as Mitsuki's betrayal of her sister by her sexual relationship with Takayuki. Eventually, she learns to move on in life.

Shinji Taira
[Image: shinji_taira.jpg]
Friends with Takayuki, Haruka and Mitsuki in high school, he drifts off from the group after graduation. Becomes an important character towards the end of the series, and very likely once had a crush on Mitsuki.

Ayu Daikuuji and Mayu Tamano
[Image: vlcsnap493879ln.jpg][Image: 2840.jpeg]
Two waitresses who work at the same family restaurant as Takayuki. Ayu is the surly daughter of an executive of the restaurant and Mayu is a soft-spoken but well-meaning klutz. In the anime they provide the only comic relief for this otherwise serious series. After the credits of several episodes in the series, a 30-second short known as the "Ayu-Mayu Theater" shows them in a comical situation totally irrelevant to the main story with all characters in chibi form. They are also known as AyuAyu and MayuMayu.

I would feel stupid to put a episode list, but here it is plus the dates they were released.

Episode One - October 5, 2003
Episode Two - October 12, 2003
Episode Three - October 19, 2003
Episode Four - October 26, 2003
Episode Five - November 2, 2003
Episode Six - November 9, 2003
Episode Seven - November 17, 2003
Episode Eight - November 23, 2003
Episode Nine - November 30, 2003
Episode Ten - December 7, 2003
Episode Eleven - December 14, 2003
Episode Twelve - December 21, 2003
Episode Thirteen - December 28, 2003
Final Episode - January 4, 2004

My Opinion: I burst out in anger in this anime. I hate Mitsuki with all my heart, I think she is just a b****. Man, I gotta learn how to move on witgh my life, just as Akane =/... Anyway, it is a very good well draw anime, very highly recommended by many people. BUT I HATE THAT B****. Still, I can't wait that people will just love one person they whole life, even when they are not present for many years(but camon, 3 years aint that long for him to start developing a new relashionship ??).

Stars: *****

[Image: ?action=view&current=fs1A_.png]
Enfermeira Joy - High Priest - 8x
Princess Peach - Hunter - 8x
The Joy's Shop
01-27-2007 10:00 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Motenai_Ronin Offline
Lord Jugger

RE: Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien

Iono bout you, but i always love a good Triangle romance. I admire Mitsuki really. She took charge and fixed Takayuki's broken spirit during the whole time Haruha was in a coma.

~Wesa got a grand army!~ || ~Phreeoni's Cave of Wonders~
[Image: geonosisbanner.jpg][Image: phreenoni.png]  
Jugger (LK) Jester (Hunter) Beast (Taekwon) War Machine (BlackSmith) Iron Man (Merchant)
01-27-2007 01:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Enfermeira Joy Offline
Enfermeira Joy s2 Yamaha

but she did that mostly because she wanted to spend time with him, and she came on him while he was fragile, which I think is so low, plus she didn't fix him, he was still so down =P!

The Joy's Shop
01-27-2007 04:29 PM
Cream Offline
Banned

[Image: kimi00166jb.jpg]

CARD CAPTOR SAKURA!
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2007 08:48 PM by Cream.)
01-27-2007 05:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Enfermeira Joy Offline
Enfermeira Joy s2 Yamaha

lol that's just what I told Yamaha when I showed him this image LOL

The Joy's Shop
01-29-2007 02:40 PM
Altaire Offline

Omg I need to finish this anime!! xD. Nice review, by the way Icon_smile.

Altaire-High wizard | Sabine-Sniper | Shenkena-High Priestess
08-02-2007 10:00 PM
Idunknow Offline
The One

Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien <3

I love this anime, and I have agree... Mitsuki was a stuck-up, wannabe, pain in the arse $%()&^$(^#$%#! I personally didn't like her in the first place, and I hate how the anime ended. >(

Holy crap, it's Holy Krap! <3

Holy Krap -- 7x/4x High Priest
HoIy Krap -- 6x/3x Crusader
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2007 02:07 PM by Idunknow.)
08-03-2007 02:07 PM
Motenai_Ronin Offline
Lord Jugger

i was rooting for Mitsuki ><

think how incredibly hard she had to bottle up her love for Takuyuki for years and years because she had to let friends come first
anyway, Takayuki wasn't really interested in either girl in the beginning >.>

i disagree with you dunknow

~Wesa got a grand army!~ || ~Phreeoni's Cave of Wonders~
[Image: geonosisbanner.jpg][Image: phreenoni.png]  
Jugger (LK) Jester (Hunter) Beast (Taekwon) War Machine (BlackSmith) Iron Man (Merchant)
08-03-2007 03:01 PM
Idunknow Offline
The One

SPOILER WARNING. HIGHLIGHT TO READ.

I have to agree that Takayuki was never interested in either of the girls at the beginning, but Haruka was the one who made the move first and admitted her feelings to him. Besides, if Mitsuki didn't "stop" Takayuki on the day of the accident, Haruka probably would've been unharmed, and they possibly would have still been together. I really disliked how Mitsuki and Takayuki got together after realizing that Haruka was in a coma. It was just really selfish of Mitsuki to have him all to herself, now that her best friend is... useless I guess you can say.

Holy crap, it's Holy Krap! <3

Holy Krap -- 7x/4x High Priest
HoIy Krap -- 6x/3x Crusader
08-03-2007 04:09 PM
The Many Kira's Offline
~Caelestis~

Ahh I loved this anime, in a way, its somewhat realistic.
Once again.. In a way. I even had tears flowing out of my eyes
just by watching this series.?

At any rate, there's also another season to the anime. (Not a sequel)
In the second season, it basically shows what happens when
Takayuki ends up with Haruka.
02-06-2008 01:52 AM