Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Last Exile
Enfermeira Joy Offline
Enfermeira Joy s2 Yamaha

Last Exile

Well, if wanted I can put an entire plot with details and spoilers, just ask \o\

[Image: last_exile_152_1024.jpg]
Info: is a steampunk anime directed by Koichi Chigira for the anime studio Gonzo Digimation. It ran on TV Tokyo from April to September, 2003. I'm not sure, but I think it was released to the America. It ended in December of the same year, with a full season marathon on Christmas Day. The animation features a combination of 2-D and 3-D CGI sequences. The series is also notable for having much of the text in English but written with Greek letters, with all numbers given in Roman numerals.

Overall Idea:
[Image: circle-01.jpg]
The story revolves around Claus Valca and Lavie Head, a young courier pilot and his navigator, and their adventures in the floating world of Prester. In this romantic sky world based on stylized Victorian fashion and society, two countries, Anatole and Dysis, are engaged in a long and bloody war under the supervision of the mysterious Guild. Claus and Lavie, piloting their vanship (a small wingless aircraft) find themselves involved in a plot surrounding a mysterious little girl named Alvis Hamilton, whom they must deliver as "cargo" to the much-feared neutral battleship Silvana(is there where your nick comes from silva?).

Characters:

*Claus Valca
[Image: claus2.jpg]
Fifteen-year-old vanship pilot who finds himself at the center of the Exile mystery.
*Lavie Head
[Image: rani2wl.jpg][Image: lavie.jpg]
Claus Valca's navigator and mechanic.
*Alvis Hamilton
[Image: alvis1.jpg]
Daughter of the Hamilton family, and key to the mystery of Exile.
*Alex Row
[Image: 4.jpg]
Enigmatic captain of the infamous battleship Silvana of Genocide.
*Sophia Forrester
[Image: sophia_forrester.jpg]
Silvana's first officer, and future Empress of Anatoray.
*Tatiana Wisla
[Image: tatiana2.jpg]
The only child of "the proud and noble" Wisla house of Anatoray, and the Silvana's best fighter pilot.
*Alister Agrew
[Image: 116.jpg]
Tatiana Wisla's trusted confidant, best friend, and expert navigator.
*Dio Eraclea
The younger brother of the most powerful Guild member, Maestro Delphine Eraclea.
*Mullin Shetland
Nineteen-year-old rifleman and mechanic aboard the Silvana.
*Dunya Scheer
A solider from Disith who fights with Anatory against the Guild.
*Lucciola
Member of the Guild and personal bodyguard to Dio Eraclea.
*Maestro Delphine Eraclea
Leader of the Guild, and older sister to Dio Eraclea.
*Vincent Alzey
Captain of the Urbanus, and friend to Alex and Sophia.

Episode List(note that almost all of them are chess moves, they do have something to do with what happens in each episode)

1. First Move
2. Luft Vanship
3. Transpose
4. Zugzwang
5. Positional Play
6. Arbiter Attack
7. Interesting Claus
8. Take Back
9. Calculate Alex
10. Swindle
11. Develop
12. Discovered Attack
13. Isolated Pawn
14. Etude Lavie
15. Fairy Chess
16. Breakthrough
17. Making Material
18. Promotion Sophia
19. Sicilian Defense
20. Grand Stream
21. Rook Dio
22. Queen Delphine
23. Castling Lucciola
24. Sealed Move
25. Quiet Move
26. Resign

My Opinion: This anime rocks =], the drawing is so... SO... I don't know, it just makes me want to see each episode over and over again xD! Yet, I had some help to write this =x thanks for my friend Renato for all the information I had missed xD!

Stars:****

[Image: ?action=view&current=fs1A_.png]
Enfermeira Joy - High Priest - 8x
Princess Peach - Hunter - 8x
The Joy's Shop
01-27-2007 10:25 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
silvanel Offline
Banned

RE: Last Exile

Nicely done, and no my nick doesnt come from there, even if this anime is in my top 5 Icon_biggrin
01-27-2007 09:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Enfermeira Joy Offline
Enfermeira Joy s2 Yamaha

heh thanks Icon_biggrin

The Joy's Shop
01-29-2007 02:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rei Ayanami Offline
hungry hungry hippo

no spoilers pls, that usually ruins the review. a small taster usually is what they give like what you did back there.

nice review and pics. i really wanted to watch it now Icon_biggrin. and you gave madman the official anime distributor and licensee in australia free publicity Icon_lol.

ps. the clothes look more like pre WW2 to me.

just a little hint, when doing reviews, it is usually much better if you use a smaller picture for the characters like what you did with claus valca. the pic you use for Lavie head is a bit too big.

and "overall idea" could also be written as "synopsys overview". just to sound more proffesional.

and you can also break the rating like this, because if you give an overall rating people sometimes feel that you are generalising the rating:
Character design: ****
Art: ****
Plot:****
Music:****
Character development:****

well done, it is a very lovely review.

When someone calls you a lunatic and the first thing that came to mind is a cute, fluffy, white bunny, you know you've played too much RO.

Welcome to our world.
(This post was last modified: 02-01-2007 12:19 PM by Rei Ayanami.)
02-01-2007 12:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Enfermeira Joy Offline
Enfermeira Joy s2 Yamaha

thanks for that tip, I'll be sure to make those modifications on the next reviews, and I'm sorry I took long to write it, but I'm having my prom and start of classes and I'm kinda busy to take time and watch animes and write the reviews(yes, they do take me time! xDDD)

The Joy's Shop
02-01-2007 01:01 PM
Motenai_Ronin Offline
Lord Jugger

and make art Icon_biggrin

~Wesa got a grand army!~ || ~Phreeoni's Cave of Wonders~
[Image: geonosisbanner.jpg][Image: phreenoni.png]  
Jugger (LK) Jester (Hunter) Beast (Taekwon) War Machine (BlackSmith) Iron Man (Merchant)
02-01-2007 04:30 PM
Enfermeira Joy Offline
Enfermeira Joy s2 Yamaha

yeah, art takes me time too, specially since I have a lousy mouse xD

The Joy's Shop
02-01-2007 08:58 PM