Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
HeRO vs RO
Xi41 Offline

HeRO vs RO

Heya

I used to play on *a different server* aaaaages ago when RO was still a sub based game. I got the urge to play RO again now that it has recently gone F2P on steam and I then went to go look at *the other server* again and for shits and giggles at other private servers to compare them.

It seems that both *the other server* and heRO come highly recommended and I'd just like to know what the differences are between you guys and *other servers* (aside from the server rates)

Thanks Icon_biggrin

GM-Pixel's edit: Please do not mention other RO servers on the forums, thanks.
11-09-2013 10:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ChaosPrince Offline
Troll Prince

RE: HeRO vs RO

Can't comment for *the other server* since I've never been there.

HeRO:
-We have survived 8 years straight. (comes with all pros and cons).
-GM's are active, they are committed to the server (look at all the implementations and ToH hosting, customs).
-Player base is loyal (people quit, comes back, breaks, logs again)
-Best for cute hats and custom stuff.
-Old school RO, no 3rd job crap or renewal thingy.
-PvP, BG and WoE is not a WOW factor.
-There will never be any wipes.
-If you like noobs, you will find all sorts in here Icon_wink (the noobest of all noobs is called AMJ, you say his name, everyone knows him) LOL
11-09-2013 11:02 PM
Gojira Offline
truth hurts

RE:??HeRO vs RO

ChaosPrince Wrote:Can't comment for *the other server* since I've never been there.

HeRO:
-We have survived 8 years straight. (comes with all pros and cons).
-GM's are active, they are committed to the server (look at all the implementations and ToH hosting, customs).
-Player base is loyal (people quit, comes back, breaks, logs again)
-Best for cute hats and custom stuff.
-Old school RO, no 3rd job crap or renewal thingy.
-PvP, BG and WoE is not a WOW factor.
-There will never be any wipes.
-If you like noobs, you will find all sorts in here Icon_wink (the noobest of all noobs is called AMJ, you say his name, everyone knows him) LOL

brg the fan club

[Image: 14tph6o.png]
11-10-2013 01:06 AM
former-GM-Pixel Offline

I'd like to remind you all of the following rule:

Quote:No advertising for any server/website/game
Do not advertise any other server/website/game. Mentioning another server can be considered advertising. Mentioning official server names are allowed.

Discussing the difference between our server and another is of course allowed however keep this rule in mind, thanks! Icon_smile

[Image: 2mxg6zd.jpg]
Curious: heRO wiki
Trouble: Support Ticket
Expression: RMS page
Vote for Points
Social: Facebook
11-10-2013 06:11 AM
Sen Offline
Arcana Gala

I saw this post with the other server name earlier lol, but I was running for school so wasn't able to comment on it.

Well, what I can say is that, every game, every server, every place has its own set of good points and bad points, it all comes down to you- whether you can accept it or not. That kinda thing.

HeRO will always be a special place, to me. I haven't played much other servers, but I find that heRO's community is indeed very welcoming and easy to approach (friendly!). There may be quite a few bad apples but they don't bother much. Out of all the servers I played in, really, heRO has the kindest and friendliest people I've met in one map lol.

There's also a lot of cute hats (one of the most things I love) and there's a lot of custom stuff too (quests, items, allegiance). I'm sure there's more, but being in the game for only 1-2 years isn't enough for me to know about everything~

Well, I hope you give heRO a try ^u^!

[Image: c6wglkt.gif]
Arcana Gala : thread &tumblr
Send me a pm!

11-10-2013 09:15 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cat-Alin Away

Quote:Old school RO, no 3rd job crap or renewal thingy

Renewal has its good points. And to be quite honest, I like the 3rd Job Sprites, they look awesome. I don't quite understand why the Dancer classes gain less and less clothes as it goes on or why the Assassin, wearing cloth and hidden facial feature-scarves, changed into wearing what looked like metal Lord Zed armor... but they look awesome.

If I had to say what the official RO does better than heRO, I have to say it's the Turn Ins. They make leveling from Level 70 - 99 (and onwards, for 3rd Jobs) so much easier and faster. (And to be quite honest, I seem to be incapable of finding an Ice Dungeon or any party for my Wizard)

C-A

Xiao Lan  - Level 74 Wizard
Gong Zhu - Level 31 Vend Merchant
Yu Lian - Level 29 FS Acolyte
11-10-2013 01:22 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Trying it is always best, give each server a test day.

On ours you'll find nice people, frequent events, as well as unique quests/features. There's a lot more but we'll let you explore.
Icon_smile

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
11-10-2013 02:28 PM
demishock Offline
Natural Selection

I briefly tried that other server before I tried (and stayed with) heRO. My main reason for preferring this one over the other was the size of the community. I don't know how it is these days, but a few years ago, that other server was so crowded I could barely move for all the lag. My computer (which was much newer at that time than it is now) couldn't take it. It was a real big turn-off for me. I prefer heRO's smaller community, and I've never looked back. Icon_smile But it really is all up to your personal preference.

To help:
Join Test & Dev and/or our heRO wiki
Apply to be a GM or mod
Vote and Review

For help:
Submit a support ticket
Check the heRO wiki

[Image: 29bnhpd.jpg]
11-10-2013 03:46 PM
Cat-Alin Away

I found a really good, giantly positive point for heRO. They community really is much friendlier than on RO. At least, on the official RO sever I play/played on.

Also, zero tolerance for bots, if anybody notices a bot, the bot is gone asap! In RO, the bots are so many, I can understand it's difficult to catch up to them, but sometimes it seems like they really just aren't trying anymore...

While I am gonna take a break from RO for a while, I think I will focus on heRO more again. The entire atmosphere on the server seems more... relaxed and calm.

C-A

Xiao Lan  - Level 74 Wizard
Gong Zhu - Level 31 Vend Merchant
Yu Lian - Level 29 FS Acolyte
12-17-2013 07:46 AM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

RE:??HeRO vs RO

Cat-Alin Wrote:
Quote:Old school RO, no 3rd job crap or renewal thingy

Renewal has its good points. And to be quite honest, I like the 3rd Job Sprites, they look awesome. I don't quite understand why the Dancer classes gain less and less clothes as it goes on or why the Assassin, wearing cloth and hidden facial feature-scarves, changed into wearing what looked like metal Lord Zed armor... but they look awesome.
I love Homunculus S, and while I like RK and RG sprites, I hate their new griffon/ferus mounts.

Some could argue that heRO's slotted custom wings could??potentially break the game since because it essentially double the effect of whatever's carded in it.??(Because it takes up headgear and armor slots, the card is applied twice, and either headgear or armor cards can be used) Luckily noone got gloom under the night card before they ended up banning the use of MVP cards in woe. having a double effect of 40% more damage vrs holy and angels would absolutely destroy any emp they got to with it up. Ktullanux will still be able to make thor's a joke tho.

But that double card effect also makes for some enjoyable PVM experiences as well. Porcellio or agav cards for pure damage boosts, Earth deleter for??hax SP regen when you kill stuff with physical attacks (snipers tend to love this with sharp shooting especially), and some people even get some use out of cards they'd ordinarily call useless like Gemini-S58, which since doubled can pretty much give you immunity to a lot of statuses.

One downside that other servers may have that we do not are the repeatable exp quests. We pretty much have to grind up??the whole way. There are some technically repeatable custom quests, but they're weekly and take a week to do.
(This post was last modified: 12-17-2013 06:53 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
12-17-2013 02:19 PM