Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Suggestions
Fyrus Carmin Offline
The aura is with me !

Suggestions

So, I've scouted this category for awhile this week now, along with some servers reviews at RMS, and I may have a few suggestions to have.

Let's start with some short questions :

--Suggestion compendium
I am starting with this first, to keep some of the suggestions that had been made (accepted or refused, with reason) pinned at the top of this category. So people that want to ask about something already asked might know it.

--Instance dungeons
So, as we switched to a new Client (and SVN ?) Is it possible for HeRO to handle instanced dungeons as of now, or are we still missing something ?

--New World
Most recently from Aaron's thread, but it was asked a lot of time to add it as intended, or maybe, revert to the elements that some monsters were to have (like Pinguicula should be Earth)

--Missing items
Again, something from Aaron's thread, some missing items (Chameleon Armor, Gandura, Falken Blitz ?) are sometimes missing from some monsters.

--Battlegrounds
I don't do Battlegrounds often, but I see a lot of time it should be added as it is officially. I had another suggestion, but I'll keep it for now, since I can already see some people disagreeing with it.

--Day/Night based on which allegiance wins ToH.
I have seen that proposed once, don't remember where, changing the Day/Night system based on which side wins, maybe that would add 10 or 20 minutes of Day/Night, which could in turn be used in gears like the Oogie Boogie hat.

--Repeatable EXP Quests OR modifications to Monster Extermination quest.
As I see now, I see some complaints about HeRO not having those, and completely disregard Monster Extermination because of its "monthly" status. Maybe we could change it to being weekly or bi-weekly, or increase the Exp it gives.

--Quirks to Fishing
Here it is, the major part of this thread. As I've read, Fishing is a major and boring game of click mashing to get Fish that are almost zombies, as they don't even fight to stay free.

I'd suggest basing it on the same idea as Close Confine quest, where you have to block a NPC from fleeing by choosing the right option.

Junk would still be junk, stay inanimate and thus, won't try to break free. As for fishes, having a system that would go :

Fish trying to evade to the right > Reel from the left
Fish trying to evade to the left > Reel from the right
Fish going backwards > straight reeling.

It could be either colour-coded with Auras, like on the Close Confine quest, with the Aura on the player (to avoid getting confused with other fishers) or straight text-based. That would eliminate the mindless clicking part.

Fishes could have some stamina, depending on their rarity :
Guppies would only try to debate once before being reeled in.
Trouts and Bass would need two successful reelings.
Salmons and Mutants would need three.
And so on...

If you fail to reel in, the fish would either flee, or you might get another chance to reel in.

So, what about you, guys, what do you think of all of these ? Throw in your ideas as well, for the GM Team to see these.

GM Team, I know one of you will take the time to read everything, and you will discuss it among you, I only ask you to leave us an answer from the team, even if it is a straight "No".

Discussions and comments are open, fire all your bullets !

[Image: sansre5m.png]
[Image: sansre3o.png]
Quote:Note that any GM activity including monster summoning and mass carnage of players can be considered trolling (however, this can be disguised as an "event")
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2013 08:52 AM by Fyrus Carmin.)
11-10-2013 08:51 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

RE: Suggestions

Client =/= SVN. The client really is, for the most part, just a GUI change. SVN is the actual game files being updated, as well as databases, etc.
Current heRO SVN can handle instances, though majority of the official ones were bugged when the current SVN was implemented.
Baphomet one was ughhh bugs in so many places, and the current SVN lacks the ability for mobs to only teleport within a restricted area, as well as the bridges and stuff for Nidd.

Instance mechanics themselves were fine. Just other issues within them. Dunno if they were under plans to be fixed, or new ones made, or simply delayed until (hopeful) SVN update.

I know Forge was working on, and turned in something roughly pertaining to parts of the second last point years ago, but dunno what happened with it, or if plans changed, etc.

Inasad
stop doing dickers
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2013 09:33 AM by Ellie.)
11-10-2013 09:32 AM
Ptah Offline
Lurker Above

^ about SvN. Sadly.

And iirc having BG like ours was tied in to SvN also. I won't speculate with info I have so far, so let's leave it at that.

Somehow I fail to see anything fun in day/night change cycle. Unless it can stack. To certain degree. Yay for 1 hour long nights!

For the exp quests... Being a quest person you have my vote. Sometimes you get tired of grinding and partying. So far we even have *something* like official repeatable quests with blank cards.

Seeing last Halloween/Birthday quests it seems GMs are working on some changes with Fishing/Mining. At least them entrance quests.
Also, in text based games like RO it's kind of hard to make something interesting and not quite dependant on text. I wish we could though. The best fishing system I loved was in BoF 3/4 games, but as a person knowing the ways of scripting a bit I already can feel the pain of implementing it with text. Great pain. Something between giving a birth and getting a kick in the nuts pain that is :D

God i have too many characters. Just call me Bisu and let's end this -_-
[Image: fco46t.jpg][Image: 4se5oh.jpg]
Want to help HeRO? Feeling you're full of ideas that people will adore? Don't just stand there! Join HeRO T&D Crew!
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2013 01:52 PM by Ptah.)
11-10-2013 01:48 PM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

Yeah. The proper map flags, etc for BGs needs an SVN update, pretty much. The current "one" is several, iirc, that Salt layered together to get the closest effect. It's why you see the guildie triangles on the minimap, even on opposing teams. One of them is a WoE mapflag.

Inasad
stop doing dickers
11-10-2013 01:57 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Stickied Icon_smile

We switched to a new client, but the svn (game emulator) has not changed. Instance are somewhat working in our current svn.

new world: suggestion read, we'll think about it.

guild dungeon items will be back sooner or later.

bg: new modes are in the work and up for testing (on the test server), including Flavius and Tierra modes. We've got them so they work in our svn. Big thanks to Leah who's been working hard on bg.

Day/Night based on which allegiance wins ToH: not sure if that's doable for me, not sure I want to either, but other suggestions for toh winners are most welcome.

Repeatable EXP Quests OR modifications to Monster Extermination quest: it's a possibility, we are already considering a few options.

Fishing/Mining: will be improved with mini-games in the future, I'm not considering re-doing the system entirely with reeling however, but nice suggestion nonetheless.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
11-10-2013 02:44 PM
demishock Offline
Natural Selection

Kind of glad to hear Fishing/Mining won't be totally re-done... I actually like the mindless clicking. >.>; Sometimes after a long day at work all I feel like doing is something mindless like that, haha. But maybe that's just me. Sweat

To help:
Join Test & Dev and/or our heRO wiki
Apply to be a GM or mod
Vote and Review

For help:
Submit a support ticket
Check the heRO wiki

[Image: 29bnhpd.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2013 06:08 PM by demishock.)
11-10-2013 06:07 PM
Fyrus Carmin Offline
The aura is with me !

Bumping it because I didn't want to make another thread for it.

Is it possible to add Warpers to Splendide/Manuk towns ?

[Image: sansre5m.png]
[Image: sansre3o.png]
Quote:Note that any GM activity including monster summoning and mass carnage of players can be considered trolling (however, this can be disguised as an "event")
12-12-2013 11:50 AM