Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
about greatest generals x.x
~*Sonic*~ Offline
Newbz0r

about greatest generals x.x

hello there

just wondered why GGs can hit you from the range of 3 cells :/ in other servers like iRO or some others, you can be a swordie, stand 3 cells exactly, then poke it with a spear. doesn't seem to work here though..
it's not any kind of leveling abuse or anything, cause you'll need to be strong enouh to handle mobs of elder willows, and now my plan went down the drain D:

any chance that would be changed, or should i try other ways of leveling?

EDIT: also, where are the geographers that are supposed to be at ein_fild04? <_<;; i found only one, while the map should have lots /swt

EDIT#2: well it's not exactly 3 cells, 3 cells is the space between you two. 4 cells away from GG, you can hit it with spear, but it can't hit you. works with Geographers (that are hard to find) but not on GGs
(This post was last modified: 02-01-2007 08:19 AM by ~*Sonic*~.)
02-01-2007 03:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

RE: about greatest generals x.x

I've never known people to do that with GG, but I know it can be done with geographer, I've seen swordy level that way before.

You'll find lots of geographers south of yuno, 3 maps south is the best imo, but they are lots of maps that have geo around yuno and einbrooch.

Good luck Icon_smile

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
02-01-2007 09:24 AM
~*Sonic*~ Offline
Newbz0r

well, i planned GGs for my leveling since i barely hit those nasty geo's flee.. but oh well

and, there are supposed to be 70 geos in ein_fild04 :x that was what i was pointing xP

thanks for the help though
02-01-2007 09:26 AM
Rei Ayanami Offline
hungry hungry hippo

for one yes you can do it with GG but they have skills that can be used to target up to 9 squares. they can heavens drive or earth spike if i remember rightly, and that is very nasty for people trying to outrange them with spears.

my advice is keep gg for archers and do metallings instead. geographer is much better when you have provoke to help reduce the def and also get a fire spear of some kind.

as far as i know GG do have fire skills too but i never seen them use it.

as for geographers in ein 4 the map is so huge it is too widely distributed. you are better off going to the ungoliant place like panda said where the map is far smaller and they are easier to find.

by the way, i noticed that slopes often can cause them to be able to hit you even when you do the 4 square trick as i call it.

When someone calls you a lunatic and the first thing that came to mind is a cute, fluffy, white bunny, you know you've played too much RO.

Welcome to our world.
02-01-2007 11:58 AM
~*Sonic*~ Offline
Newbz0r

can't do much about it i guess.. but you still should try ein_fild04 in iRO or another server, those geos spawn right on you, and aren't so rare to find :/

and yeah i know abuot the slope thingy, that's why i avoid them

thanks for the help
02-01-2007 12:29 PM
ShadesOfBlue Offline
Order of Chaos

doesnt mean anything but im just pointing out the server is based on kro.

[Image: obama_supporters.jpg]
02-02-2007 02:56 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply