Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Elsword
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Elsword

Just another MMO I managed to stumble upon. Most of the gameplay is in a sidescroller beat-em-up style. It does follow the stereo-typical fantasy genre, but being a beat-em up it's very fast paced and fun to play. It's very flashy and skill makes a lot more of a difference than in RO.

While I'm normally not one for PVP in games, one's skill with their character makes a HUGE difference, and is one of the most enjoyable parts of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4vrQOlz0mg

That trailer's a tad dated, as there's a new character coming out tomorrow, but it shows a good variety of the style of gameplay.
12-17-2013 09:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aqualys Offline
Azure Sky

RE: Elsword

I play(ed) Elsword a lot. I'd mostly describe it as a sidescroller platformer action game... MMO game.

I play the void princess class with Aisha, for anyone who's familiar with the game that is reading this. She's my waifu. I even uploaded 100+ videos of it on YouTube, but I'm bad at the game so it's not worth watching. Icon_razz

I always hated PVP in MMOs. Yes, that includes RO and its WoE. Elsword has the privilege of being the only MMO where I love PVP.

Elsword is indeed slow at the beginning, but once you start reaching the mid to late levels and you get better skills and you start PVPing and picking an attribute to your weapon and socketing your equipment and all that stuff and get better at PVP, things get really intense. And of course, at higher levels of gameplay, you know how to move fast (which you don't quite see when you are just starting to play), use skills at the right timing, doing long combos that don't knock down the enemy, etc. It's a world of difference.

[Image: Combination.jpg]
06-23-2014 11:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply