• 0 Votes - 0 Average
Homunculus
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

RE: Homunculus

moo? Icon_biggrin

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
02-14-2008 12:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wussypuff Offline
dancin' like a MONKEY!!!!!!!!

yes, what craix said :D

i saw intern-ayu was researching those things, and since i have experience testing those things, i figured i'd try and save her some work....cuz it's a PAAAAIN

[Image: Gardenfishing2.jpg]
02-14-2008 02:03 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

I would help with homunculus but I have no idea where to begin with it, and am not well experienced with them either.

If you need professor work done though on the other hand...well I'll definently give a helping hand in that lol.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
02-14-2008 02:40 AM
ZackFireblade Offline

Just wanted to give my opinions on this matter, since homunculus is something I very much look forward to in this server.

A) From what I've read in this thread, the major issue seems to be ensuring that the homunculus AI does not break any rules. If heRO wants to provide their own AI for homunculi, I'm certain only good things can come of it. Although I might suggest that a more expedient solution might be to clearly post the rules about what a homunculus script may and may not do. For instance, let's say a sample set of rules would be:

1) An AI script must not feed a homunculus automatically
2) An AI script must not resurrect a homunculus automatically
3) An AI script must not make the alchemist/creator automatically
use any skills that buff/heal the homunculus, or that attack the homunculus's target (I.G.: Potion Pitcher, Cart revolution, Bolt spells from equips)

Such a ruleset as this, I simply provide as an arbitrary example. My point is, if you make the rules clearly stated, homunculi users could select their own AI script as long as it follows these rules (those who disobeyed them would be pretty easy to spot, I believe)

B) If there is anything I can do to help with testing homunculi, I would be all too happy to help. I've played using mirAI on a Lif, so I have a little experience dealing with homunculi. Just PM me here or ingame
02-14-2008 08:23 PM
wussypuff Offline
dancin' like a MONKEY!!!!!!!!

yeah a custom AI is great and all, but unless it's EXTREMELY user friendly and pretty much glitch free, i don't see many folks going for it.

i'd say making the rules list absolute and fail proof is a GREAT idea. i'm totally in favor of no auto-skills (i hate those...HATE them) and would be happy to see them be against the rules.

if you need any help taking a script and removing those, let me know. i've removed them from rampage ai when i used it, and from MIR ai. it's a simple script to find the config.lua (i think it's called) file.

can't wait for homuncs!!!!!!!!! >.<

[Image: Gardenfishing2.jpg]
02-14-2008 09:48 PM
Rhino_Man Offline
Kickass Monk

zack, I disagree with rule 3 only so far as autocasting potion pitcher. The autocasting other skills I agree with.

It's really damned impossible to nail your homunculus with potion pitcher in a mob when he needs it.

Hi, don't whisper me please.
02-15-2008 02:46 AM
ZackFireblade Offline

Personally, I agree with you, Rhino. Having the auto-pitcher is a godsend when dealing with large mobs. This is also the reason that I said what I posted was an "arbitrary" example. Because I was certain that there would be different opinions on what the rules should be. Of course, ultimately, the decision comes down to what the GMs think. If they were to decide that there should be no auto-pitcher, I'm certain there'd be a good deal of logical reasoning behind that decision.
02-15-2008 08:37 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Actually that's about what we were going for: rules will be clearly stated + to get the homun skill you will have to take an oath stating you understood the heRO homunculi rules (so really no way to say you "didn't know" if found rulebreaking).

We will provide a heRO Ai but it will not be mandatory, however complying with the rules will be, so people may use their own ai at their own discretion as long as it abides by our rules.

We will state the rule list once it's complete, thanks for your input everyone.

Whoever wants to help, send me a pm to apply for the test&dev section.

~ Server Admin ~
02-15-2008 01:12 PM
Tion Offline

Hey pandora can you make a extra skill or something we could put on quick key slot that will throw a potion at your humunc so that he dosent die if mobbed by monsters and you cant click him with potion pitcher Icon_razz just an idea hope you will consider it

I am Chang .Jet .Drake ChemistryMan .Darian and soke
02-16-2008 01:06 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

No.

~ Server Admin ~
02-16-2008 01:28 AM