Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Beck Anime Review
silvanel Offline
Banned

Beck Anime Review

Beck is by far the best anime Ive ever seen. I was watching it for probably the 15th time and decided to make a review about it.
I want everybody to at least check it out before spitting on it.

[Image: BECK02_1280_mini.jpg][Image: wallstfun_mini.jpg]
[Image: Idols60504_mini.jpg][Image: Wallaper-Redhelling_mini.jpg]

Yukio, known by his friends as Koyuki, is a regular 14 year old Japanese boy who enters junior high school with two childhood acquaintances. One is now a useless pervert, and ironically the other is a highly sought after female student. Koyuki's boring life is changed when he saves an odd looking dog from some kids (a pack of dogs in the manga). The owner of the dog (named Beck) turns out to be an emerging rock musician, Minami Ryusuke. The two become friends and their crazy, fun, and sometimes dangerous music adventure begins.

The story focuses on the trials and tribulations of their Punk and rapcore band named BECK (also called Mongolian Chop Squad in the United States, since the name Beck is already taken, when their first independent album is released over there). There's also an important subplot that deals with Koyuki's relationship with Ryusuke's sister Maho.

Character

Tanaka Yukio(Koyuki)
[Image: Kalico_379_mini.jpg]

The main character, the series follows his rapid development from an average person to an outstanding guitarist. Being extremely polite, he cannot help but let others push him around, a possible metaphoric stereotype on the very proper and manner conscious Japanese society. The last member of BECK, he is the second guitarist and vocalist. He is the last person to talk to Eddie and hears the song. Yukio has a very beautiful voice that is mostly used for Beck's slower songs.

Ryusuke Minami
[Image: Kalico_497_mini.jpg]

A Japanese character with a long history in America, he speaks fluent English, and frequently uses both Japanese and English in his conversation. He lives alone in a shack by the fishing pond. His skills and taste in music inspire Koyuki to take up the guitar. The band's creator, Ryusuke is BECK's lead guitarist.

Taira Yoshiyuki
[Image: Kalico_372_mini.jpg]

The first recruited member of BECK, Taira is the bassist, and the most talented band member next to Ryusuke. Little is known about him, and his attitude may sometimes come off as uncaring.

Chiba Tsunemi
[Image: Kalico_545_mini.jpg]

Main vocalist for BECK. Compared to Koyuki, his voice is more punk and rock oriented, like the majority of the band's songs.

Yuji Sakurai
[Image: Kalico_1077_mini.jpg]

The fourth member to join, he was also Koyuki's first good friend.
He is the drummer, inspired by his brother, and replaces the original drummer of BECK who followed Ryusuke from his original band, Serial Mama

Maho Minami

Ryusuke's sister and a talented singer with a strange relationship with Koyuki. At times she seems attracted to him, others she brushes him off with little regard to his often ignored feelings

Saitou Ken'ichi
Koyuki's guitar and swimming teacher

Ishiguro Izumi
Koyuki's childhood friend

Eiji
Originally in Ryusuke's first band, Serial Mama, he turned into his rival

Eddie Lee
Lead guitarist of the famous Dying Breed (DyBre) he was Ryusuke's only friend, and growing up helped him find Beck (the seemingly patchwork dog) and Lucille(his Guitar)

Matt Reed
The vocalist for Dying Breed, he is consistently drunk and a supporter of up and coming singer Koyuki.

Beck
[Image: Beck_wallpaper_001_by_Dembol_mini.jpg]

My opinion: This anime is Awsome, The songs and everything , its just makes you wanna watch it again and again.

26 episodes

Art: ****
Plot:*****
Music:*****
Character development:*****

well, im kinda tired... will ipdate this later on
(This post was last modified: 03-15-2007 06:15 AM by silvanel.)
03-15-2007 05:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Altaire Offline

RE: Beck Anime Review

I want to watch this anime so badly. I don't have the fricking channel for it lmao. T.T;

Altaire-High wizard | Sabine-Sniper | Shenkena-High Priestess
08-08-2007 12:26 PM
Wired Offline
Banned

Bumb, Go watch this!!! @_@
02-07-2008 02:40 AM
Pandatron Offline

Personally this is one of those series I would recommend reading to be honest. After 26 episodes your kind of left wanting more picked up teh manga and it just keeps kicking... stopped reading it around volume 24-26ish tho cause it started become a bit repeatative but in either case still a good read Icon_smile.

Characters:
Arigatou Wizard: 6x/2x
Pandatron Acolyte 1x/1...that's right 1
03-12-2008 10:16 AM
Fayth Offline
Grand Inquisitor

I really like the manga better... because when you write a manga about singing, the voices can suck to you. Case in point Beck. In the manga, I just imagined a different voice I thought would work better. Manga isn't restrained to those 13/26/52 ep constraints either.

[Image: 2001838130831427569_rs.jpg]
03-12-2008 04:44 PM
Wired Offline
Banned

Yep, still a really nice one to watch, And im still expecting the next season to come out soon ...
03-17-2008 11:33 PM