leave castles as they are.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Lets open a castle!
ShadesOfBlue Offline
Order of Chaos

Lets open a castle!

we all see how the close a castle poll is goin so now lets see what people think of the flipside.If you vote to open one leave a remark about which to open.

[Image: obama_supporters.jpg]
03-19-2007 07:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SwiftStrike Offline
teh fuh.

RE: Lets open a castle!

err don't think it'd be a good idea, I know where growing but opening a castle just because not every guild can have one isn't a good idea, my current guild doesn't have one and I'm far from the thought of opening another castle, WoE is made for some guilds to win and some to lose, it just makes better competition, and better alliances and people actually have more reason to level and look for better cards, hopefully my guild will start looking for marcs/ED's cause a frost joke shouldn't be the reason a guild gets flattened. I say leave them closed for a little longer. But eh thats just my opinion.

[Image: seifer.jpg]
03-19-2007 08:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Motenai_Ronin Offline
Lord Jugger

well i agree that open all castles would be too much for us (all castles = 5 castles per town x 4 towns with castles = 20 castles) but somewhere between is good Icon_biggrin

Oh if we do open one more, I plead that you open Alde Icon_biggrin I want to say that I caught Thor's House of Might Icon_biggrin

~Wesa got a grand army!~ || ~Phreeoni's Cave of Wonders~
[Image: geonosisbanner.jpg][Image: phreenoni.png]  
Jugger (LK) Jester (Hunter) Beast (Taekwon) War Machine (BlackSmith) Iron Man (Merchant)
03-19-2007 09:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gale Buckhannah Offline
The Fate-Slaying Noble

A warning, on my previous server the GM's started out by leaving EVERY castle open.??This allowed the server to progress very fast and a select few players/guilds became very powerful, very quickly.??It also flooded the economy with the standard castle drops, Chain Mail [1], buckler [1], and the other items were all but worthless as so many of them existed and guilds could just give them out freely.??After about a year, the GM's finally realized this was a bad idea, and closed all the castles, save four.??Of course, the damage was already done, it will take months or perhaps even a year or two for those items & players who benefitted off of them to no longer influence the game/economy.

While the thought of good gear for free may sound appealing at first, in the long run, it will hurt the server, and it's image to new players in my opinion.??Be very, very careful before opening more castles, a little foolish greed can cause balancing problems later.

One final note, the fewer the castles, the better the WoE.

~Gale Buckhannah

[Image: 1949ac07.gif]
The guild may be gone, but the Nobles live on!
(This post was last modified: 03-20-2007 05:41 AM by Gale Buckhannah.)
03-20-2007 05:40 AM
Rei Ayanami Offline
hungry hungry hippo

open a castle for chibi fight.Icon_lol

or switch the one to be closed for chibi fights.

just an idea, actually i have no idea what i am saying at all. Icon_razz

When someone calls you a lunatic and the first thing that came to mind is a cute, fluffy, white bunny, you know you've played too much RO.

Welcome to our world.
03-20-2007 05:52 AM
Former-GM-Mystra Offline
Posting Freak

No other castles will be open at the curent time, and thats final. Propositions are curently being discussed about what to do for WoE/Alde but I'm sure I can't tell them as I am seeing Pan, from my window up here, runing toward my house with a butcher's knife.

~ RMS ~ Top 100 ~ Top 200 ~ Vote Daily!!
[Image: Mystrad.jpg]
~ Support Tickets ~
03-20-2007 01:44 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Opening all castle is definatly out of the question, for the reasons Gale evocated, which is a situation that the original GM team experienced on a previous server. This is why we chose to open castles gradually (we started with only prontera, then 2 castle, then 4 and back to 3). Not to mention woe would be major boring with 20 castles!

We are considering interresting ideas for Alde, we'll keep you updated once we've reached a unanimous decision. And yeah Mystra better keep your lips sealed if you don't want to die a horrible and painful death ^_^ *grin*

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
03-20-2007 01:55 PM
Former-GM-Mystra Offline
Posting Freak

Mmmmh, horrible and painfull, will there be blood? Icon_biggrin

~ RMS ~ Top 100 ~ Top 200 ~ Vote Daily!!
[Image: Mystrad.jpg]
~ Support Tickets ~
03-20-2007 01:58 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

/pif

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
03-20-2007 01:59 PM
Rei Ayanami Offline
hungry hungry hippo

i'll lend pandy one of the sword i have for the job Icon_razz its so old and worn its got jagged edges, its not very sharp but sharp enough to do some injury, but the most interesting part is its rusty, really dirty and its been in my garage for about 6 or 7 years.

mwahahaha....Icon_twisted

and yeah, opening all castle will mean everyone gets one, which is stupid, war is usually about land, territory, power. if everyone have them then we have no wars, and woe will be horrible.

When someone calls you a lunatic and the first thing that came to mind is a cute, fluffy, white bunny, you know you've played too much RO.

Welcome to our world.
03-22-2007 04:53 AM