Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Market Moderator/Autotrade expiration
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Market Moderator/Autotrade expiration

A lot of the junk in pront is the same old junk, but it sort of irks me when there are people who keep their merch up just to hold that spot, even if the only thing they're selling are Butterfly wings for 5 m.

I propose that??we get moderators who patrol the prices. If their stuffs are obscenely overpriced in such a way that noone would/should ever buy them, that shop would get da boot, and clear the way for more reasonably priced shops that have been waiting for their spot up front where the people could see.

Additionally, I feel having a expiration time on autotrades (like you can vend for 1 or 2 weeks before your merch gets booted) would force people??to restock and clear the streets more often. Can't really control what they vend or their prices, but I feel that more merchs might rotate their wares around, and make the shop owners actually pay a tad more attention to their bazillions of shops, possibly re-evaluating their prices in the process.

The time restrictions would ensure that the merch count goes down (due to player laziness) and it'd be easier to get a closer estimate towards the actual server population, seeing as how there are people who have??like 12-14 merchs up at any one time, and??their vends stay up for MONTHS without any real sign that they're being paid any attention to.
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2014 05:17 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
01-16-2014 05:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Shinigami l0_0l Offline
Lost in Time

RE: Market Moderator/Autotrade expiration

and the server population will dropped to ~100
01-16-2014 08:06 PM
Adrillf Offline
Google Me

Server reboots were something that I always looked forward because I knew that for the next day or two everything that was vended was either active players setting up troll shops, or new materials because all of the venders would get booted.

I like the idea, but I think doing something as simple as saying 'every 1st of the month at ______ o'clock there will be a quick server reset'. That way, once a month, the people who set venders and forget about them would have to remember. Potential down time would only be a half hour, and not only would the merchants be reset, but all of the people hunting after MVP's would have the golden opportunity to know that their MVP that they're farming is up. EVERYONE RUSH GTB! GO!

I like the idea, but the implication of the idea is going to get a minor bit of backlash from the administration because it would add yet another thing on their long 'to-do' list for something that doesn't cause THAT big of a problem. There's also the problem of determining if something is too overpriced. Where's the line for that? It's easy to point at a b-wing for 10mil and say that it's overpriced, but what about some card prices that can fluctuate in price by millions depending on who's selling and how many are on the market, or common items that we all know should just be NPC'ed?

I like the idea, I'm just afraid of the response from admins.
01-16-2014 11:13 PM
Seth~ Offline
Half-ling Assasin

my shops will be offline noes, i'd have to reevaluate my shops opens noes, heRO is going to end as I know it noes. (try to see my sarcasm, and dont take life so seriously)

most wanted buying list
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=19956
01-17-2014 01:18 AM
Demogorgon Offline
Awesome

I think the Moderator Idea is not practical for this Server for two Reasons; it shouldnt be a GM, bc their Time is too valuable to repeatedly check Shops and if youd find a volunteer player staying neutral will be hard.Maybe that overcutting merchant is a friend, or that undercutting Dude offers the same Item the Mod is trying to sell.

Dont know how much Information the Game saves regarding to Shops and if opening time is one of them but id support the regular Reboots. Many Vendors who know that theyre only vending useless thrash prob wouldnt bother to reset their Shops, so the unrealistic price shops might dissolve on their own over time. This could help the market activity in general bc atm not many people care to browse through the walls of useless Shops to find worthwhile deals.

tldr: the current tons of useless junk shops are bad for both Sellers and Buyers, so Reboots are a good idea.

If you stare into the Abyss there's a 1d20 chance that 2d4 lesser Tanari'i
stare back at you
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2014 01:31 AM by Demogorgon.)
01-17-2014 01:30 AM
Menace651 Offline

I know some private servers have this as a rule. Anything that is outrageously over-priced just to hold spots is automatic banned. But then again people could just vend junk at regular prices and hold spots. Plus I doubt the GM team is going to spend time looking through every shop to ban/jail people.

It's best just to know what you are looking for and check it with @ws every so often or on main. I don't really bother looking through shops anymore because 95% of the stuff on vend is stupidly over priced or useless junk.

Just @who2 Menace ingame. You should find me if I'm on. thanks!
01-17-2014 01:38 AM