Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Manually Hosted Events & More
Serraphira Offline

Manually Hosted Events & More

As some may know, I am a veteran RO player with now twelve years behind me once March comes around. I've been around before our beloved transcendent classes were introduced to the ragnarok world. I also had been an Event GM for a mid-rate server for two years which is now closed. During my exploration of all rates possible, I had come down to enjoying well.. mid-rates and low-rates the most. They had the best events and an economy I can understand.

So, brought to you by a former GM. A bundle of fun events that the players loved in the other server. If further introduction is needed feel free to post here asking. Since this -is- from a mid-rate server I do not expect the prizes for winning these events to be greater than they should be. This is a suggestion event thread, not a demand. I do not expect these to be picked, but I hope they are considered.

Please post your thoughts.

1. Mafia
Event Type: Manually Hosted ; Roleplay Thriller
Two Modes: Night Time - Day Time ; Repeats until endgame.
Four Characters: Mafia, Sheriff, Nurse, Citizen

Ratio:
10 Players? - 2 : 1 : 1 // Mafia : Sheriff : Nurse = 6 citizens
20 Players? - 4 : 2 : 2 // Mafia : Sheriff : Nurse = 12 citizens
Max amount should forever be 4 : 2 : 2 for the role given players. If there is too many Mafia the game will end too quickly with Mafia nearly always being on top.

Mafia:
Congratulations! You got a role to play! The only problem is.. everyone is trying to kill you because you assassinate one person of your choice during the Night. You have to try to live to be the last person surviving! By either pretending to be a good guy or however you choose. Careful though! Some people may get a little paranoid or suspect you if your too nice or quiet..
Perks:
1. You will be PM'd by hosting GM of your role.
2. You will know who the other Mafia members are so you don't .. accidentally .. kill each other. You can work together and attempt to win!
3. You can still vote whom to hang during the Daytime when the good guys are trying to figure out who the Mafia are!
4. You choose -ONE- person per Night Time you want killed! You pm the GM the name during Night Time and they'll do the job for you.

Sheriff:
Congratulations! You got a role to play! The only problem is.. the town is being slaughtered by the Mafia! It is your job to find out WHO the Mafia are and alert the citizens of their identity! Careful though, they may think your a Mafia member trying to sly their way out of being hung!
Perks:
2. You will PM the GM during Day Time mode of the person you suspect to be Mafia! Careful though.. you only get one try per day! They will answer 'Yes' if the player is Mafia, and 'No' if the player is not!
3. You can vote whom to hang during the Daytime.

Nurse:
Congratulations! You got a role to play! The only problem is.. people are dying! It is your job to try and keep people alive.
Perks:
2. You will PM the GM during Night Time mode of the person you want to protect!
3. You may protect yourself once every other day! (example: Serraphira protects herself, next night she protects MangoPudding, third night she protects herself again.)

Citizen:
Welp, just another citizen like all the other ordinary people. Being slaughtered by horribly mean mafia members. You have to find out who they are by talking amongst each other during the Day Time about who you expect is the mafia for any reason you suspect! Maybe take advice from the Sheriff? Careful of your decision..... you may kill someone important..
Perks:
1. You are not PMed by the GM. That is how you know your role.
2. You will reason with each other for a couple minutes, speaking, accusing, pondering about who you all think is mafia before the GM will open a Chat room and you will enter and post -ONE- name. Highest voted player will be the player who is killed. Ratio of remaining role given players then will be announced by GM.

Personal Note to GMs: I will give this advice if you consider this event. Do not allow any chatter during Night Time. You will be getting PM'd by the Nurse and Mafia during this time and the chit-chat will make it harder to find/keep up with their response if you don't window your PMs. Also, you may want to have a little notebook with whom you are choosing the special roles to go too. That will help a lot. And lastly, be sure to let them know that those whom are dead can not vote during the Day Time Section of the event.. other than that. This was the game that was most .. favored amongst the handful I did.

2. Monster Board
Event Type: Automatic ; Every 12 Hours

This event will be activated when a player clicks it and asks for a hunting quest. They will be rewarded EXP and Zeny equal to the difficulty of the hunt. However, it can only be done every 12 hours, so they have as long as it takes for them to finish it. But when they put it in they can not get another mission for 12 hours. (2 hunting missions per day)

Example of a Mission:
56 Raggler
56 Grizzly
56 Horong
56 Ferus

Personal Note to GMs: On the server I had been an Event GM at, it also rewarded Mission Points which they could collect and exchange for items, potions or better useable items.

3. Nightmare Mode
Event Type: Automated
Lasts: 30 minutes ; 3 times per day

Completely random, you have to be careful when you go anywhere now. Monsters all become aggro and twice as fast! The one upside is that they give a bit more exp and their drops are slightly increased..

Personal Note to GMs: Be sure that the monsters in town do not turn aggro as well, that is my advice if you consider this one. Don't want an accidental mass slaughter of squishy merchants.
01-24-2014 09:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Serraphira Offline

RE: Manually Hosted Events & More

Please do not close this thread, I will be updating it more later on, my hands just need some rest now @.@
01-24-2014 09:51 PM
Ptah Offline
Lurker Above

Well, there is a mafia-like event already, you can find info on it here;

2nd one seems easy enough, and can have more variety of monsters even, but...
There already is a monthly quest called Monster Extermination.
Albeit this could be a nice addition :D

Third one sounds hell lots of fun. (I'm not sarcastic, I swear.)

God i have too many characters. Just call me Bisu and let's end this -_-
[Image: fco46t.jpg][Image: 4se5oh.jpg]
Want to help HeRO? Feeling you're full of ideas that people will adore? Don't just stand there! Join HeRO T&D Crew!
01-24-2014 10:36 PM
Menace651 Offline

Great ideas but some of those are already kind of similar to some of the events we have like werewolf and monster extermination. One event I would like to have would be a PVM monster arena where you fight rounds of monsters/mvps. The farther your party gets the better the loots. Its actually very popular in many MMO's.

Just @who2 Menace ingame. You should find me if I'm on. thanks!
01-24-2014 11:11 PM
GM-Rahice Offline
The Malevolent Queen Maleficent

Serraphira Wrote:Personal Note to GMs: Be sure that the monsters in town do not turn aggro as well, that is my advice if you consider this one. Don't want an accidental mass slaughter of squishy merchants.

Don't be so sure... Evil

On the topic though, we do have Werewolf which is similar to Mafia as Ptah pointed out.

Monster Extermination is awfully close to the repeatable EXP quests, it's done on a monthly basis, also as Ptah said.

The third one would be fun, however I don't see that as becoming something that would be a repeatable event, it seems more like a seasonal type of invasion. I might be wrong.

Pandora doesn't allow us to mass-slaughter Prontera (Which I badly want to), the other towns we can invade... Or at least I do Icon_twisted

We're always open to hearing suggestions though :3

[Image: Rahice.gif]
Thank you Ren for the Signature!
01-25-2014 12:43 AM
Serraphira Offline

RE:??Manually Hosted Events & More

GM-Rahice Wrote:The third one would be fun, however I don't see that as becoming something that would be a repeatable event, it seems more like a seasonal type of invasion. I might be wrong.

Pandora doesn't allow us to mass-slaughter Prontera (Which I badly want to), the other towns we can invade... Or at least I do Icon_twisted

We're always open to hearing suggestions though :3

I'll be posting more that come to mind, those three were the main ones that came to mind.

As for the third one it would be daily, or seasonal. I'll leave that opinion to the GMs. It would be a nice 'touch' for Halloween but it can also be daily and random. How long it lasts would also be up to you guys.
01-25-2014 04:29 PM