Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Full Metal Alchemist ( Hagane no Renkinjutsushi )
Ashmuncher Offline

Full Metal Alchemist ( Hagane no Renkinjutsushi )

So, who here enjoys it? :D Not to be completely cliche here, but it's my favorite anime, because of the deep love/brotherly bond between the two main characters. It's so sweet. Icon_cry

I first got into it a few years ago, just about a few months before it actually came out to Cartoon Network in the States.

Icon_biggrin

[Image: AshmuncherSiggy.jpg]
03-30-2007 05:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Former-GM-Auron Offline
GM-Dolly supreme

RE: Full Metal Alchemist ( Hagane no Renkinjutsushi )

Great anime, a must see in subbed version I would say since I find it better in the original japanese version.

The Legendary Joe Wrote:
Kaoreii Wrote:auron-sama is the forum cleaner :D
Dolly Extrodinair, GM of Many sizes, and Forum Janitor =o
That's me. Icon_biggrin[Image: GM-Auron.gif]
03-30-2007 05:50 PM
Ashmuncher Offline

I totally agree. The voices sound SO much better in Japanese. A lot of the English voices didn't sound all that great to me. :< Especially Envy and Roy's voices. Bleh. @_@

03-30-2007 05:52 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

I've seen part of the serie and liked it Icon_smile

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
03-30-2007 06:04 PM
Ashmuncher Offline

Ooh! You should watch the rest! x3 It's really a wonderful series; it really makes you think about stuff. <3

03-30-2007 06:54 PM
Force-Attuned Krogoth Offline
Jack of All Trades

I think it's a very thoughtful series, up until the end. The final revelation makes my blood boil, it's so misleading and patently false. Everything else is nice, though.

Kroggles ensures the living stay living, and the dead stay dead.
Clobberella beats you up.
Teela Brown has a birdie!
Flosshilde communes with the very souls of the damned.
Walsung is actually pretty cool. For a guy made of metal.
03-30-2007 08:58 PM
Motenai_Ronin Offline
Lord Jugger

I watched Full Metal Panic and those sequels 8P
Is the name similarity completely coincidental?

~Wesa got a grand army!~ || ~Phreeoni's Cave of Wonders~
[Image: geonosisbanner.jpg][Image: phreenoni.png]  
Jugger (LK) Jester (Hunter) Beast (Taekwon) War Machine (BlackSmith) Iron Man (Merchant)
03-30-2007 11:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Former-GM-Auron Offline
GM-Dolly supreme

Yes it is coincidental since it's a totally different thing. Icon_wink

The Legendary Joe Wrote:
Kaoreii Wrote:auron-sama is the forum cleaner :D
Dolly Extrodinair, GM of Many sizes, and Forum Janitor =o
That's me. Icon_biggrin[Image: GM-Auron.gif]
03-31-2007 02:49 AM
Former-GM-Chocolate Offline
Sweet Valentine's Chocolate

There are a lot of coincidences on anime's names o.o, there is also Ragnarok the animation, the anime about the game, and Ragnarok, which tells the story of a banned god called Loki, but they translated the anime to mythical sleuth loki XD, and each is a complete different line of anime then the other

..:: BR GM ::.. ..:: Player Relation Manager ::.. ..:: Event GM ::..
Vote for heRO :  Top100 top200
03-31-2007 08:11 AM
Rei Ayanami Offline
hungry hungry hippo

lolz, i actually don't like Ragnar?k the animation's story line very much. its kinda poorly written and too gamy. I prefer something with more plot than flashy stuff. and the one shot kill of ant hell is really stupid. and the swordy defeating a gtb, etc. (i stopped watching after that episode cos i find it uninteresting)

on a different note however, FMA is a must see(for those who enjoy long episodes with the concept of magic and alchemy combines side by side with science). its really awesome (although i prefer champloo and sensei ojikan, aka. Doki Doki Schoolhour)

FMA is more than the brotherly bond, its the respect of living beings, quest to discover the nature of humanity and magic. it is not as deep as Lain but about ghost in a shell-ish deep. the plus in this tho is that it have comical and pressure release valves that prevents you from being bored by the seriousness of the anime. GIAS is really good, but the only effective pressure release valve is the tachikoma miniseries (aww i miss them, they are so cute and funny).

FMP second raid is kinda a bit of a disappointment however, its not as interesting as the first one. it is too serious and the villain is, well i have no idea who he is or why he is evil. That is something that bothers me, he is evil just cos he is, no two ways about it and you don't get to see much character development (which is why it made it so horrible). And the ending is somewhat corny Icon_razz with the rainbow and aurora going in the background and the punch reminded me of DBZ (and now i think about it, reminds me of fearless). quite corny in my opinion.

ps. watch brave story if you like ragnarok the animation. its along the same genre, but in my opinion its more interesting (just very very very slightly, cos i don't like anime that looks like an RPG game, but an RPG game that looks like anime i like Icon_biggrin).

oh and one last thing, if you do watch FMP, you must get the second raid ova, it is quite funny.

EDIT:: ok you are right, not a must see, but sadly i am also a mecha otaku, and yes i actually do think FMA is a must see, but from a less fandom-ism i would say it is a great anime nonetheless. (this shouldve been a reply to silv's post, but meh.)

When someone calls you a lunatic and the first thing that came to mind is a cute, fluffy, white bunny, you know you've played too much RO.

Welcome to our world.
(This post was last modified: 04-02-2007 11:53 AM by Rei Ayanami.)
04-02-2007 09:44 AM