Miniboss card should all stay usable in WoE/BG
All miniboss card should be disabled from WoE/BG
Some miniboss card (Gr,Dev,MP) should be disabled in WoE/BG
Ghostring scrolls should be purchasable with War Points
Ghostring scrolls should not be obtainable
Raise the Exp obtained from WoEing
Lower or remove the Exp obtained from WoEing
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
WoE Stuff
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

WoE Stuff

Back in october (2013) we made some changes to woe from suggestions by players as well as some changes we thought would be beneficial. You can read about them here:
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthrea...#pid272694

One of the main thing was mvp cards were disabled from woe and bg.

Based on that, you can vote in the poll and/or leave your feedback. Polls have a maximum of 10 items, so I couldn't include everything brought up in the other thread.

The poll is public and you can vote for multiple items.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
02-03-2014 04:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
noah18cars Offline
The Dude With The Car And The Hair.

RE: WoE Stuff

I think a large part of what's wrong with the WoE here, which has been brought up before, is that we're still playing on WoE FE. WoE FE is clearly woefully broken in Trans, which is why SE exists. Can I ask why SE is not being considered? Is the coding too hard for the staff currently on hand? Would it require an entire SvN update or something? I don't really know how it works.
If you change Sunday WoE to SE and having 2 trans castles open, one FE on Wednesday and one SE on Sunday, it would solve two massive problems that this server's WoE faces.
Firstly, any veteran players (who would really be the people to revive WoE here) are aware FE is totally broken and silly, and will simply find a server that offers SE. Implementing even a dead SE is the first step to attracting people like that.
Secondly, there are really only 2 guilds at the moment, Ordo and Orion. Ordo is an Italian guild, and the Wednesday WoE is at 3 to 5ish AM on a weekday for them. If they can't defend the trans castle on both Wednesday and Sunday, then they won't try to get the trans castle at all, that is their attitude. That's why they do nontrans but not trans WoE. If you make the Sunday WoE SE and a different castle, Ordo will be able to participate and we'll have two active WoEs instead of only nontrans being active.
Personally, I'd can the Wednesday WoE completely and have WoE only on the weekends, because I don't believe this server can support weekday WoE when the population is divided so much by time zone.

Zboy Nubcake Clown
Fathom Nubcake Monk
Other Nubcakes
Stupid is the new cool. Go with it.

[Image: priceless3yj.gif]
02-03-2014 05:12 PM
Gojira Offline
truth hurts

RE:??WoE Stuff

noah18cars Wrote:I think a large part of what's wrong with the WoE here, which has been brought up before, is that we're still playing on WoE FE. WoE FE is clearly??woefully broken in Trans, which is why SE exists. Can I ask why SE is not being considered? Is the coding too hard for the staff currently on hand? Would it require an entire SvN update or something? I don't really know how it works.
If you change Sunday WoE to SE and having 2 trans castles open, one FE on Wednesday and one SE on Sunday, it would solve two massive problems that this server's WoE faces.
Firstly, any veteran players (who would really be the people to revive WoE here) are aware FE is totally broken and silly, and will simply find a server that offers SE. Implementing even a dead SE is the first step to attracting people like that.
Secondly, there are really only 2 guilds at the moment, Ordo and Orion. Ordo is an Italian guild, and the Wednesday WoE is at 3 to 5ish AM on a weekday for them. If they can't defend the trans castle on both Wednesday and Sunday, then they won't try to get the trans castle at all, that is their attitude. That's why they do nontrans but not trans WoE. If you make the Sunday WoE SE and a different castle, Ordo will be able to participate and we'll have two active WoEs instead of only nontrans being active.
Personally, I'd can the Wednesday WoE completely and have WoE only on the weekends, because I don't believe this server can support weekday WoE when the population is divided so much by time zone.

Give this man a cookie, I rarely agree with people on forums but everything he said made sense. I'm pretty sure that the reason why SE isn't implented is the same reason why we only have kvm for BG (probably flag issues).

Concerning the choice proposed, MP should never be disabled, the same effect can be obtained via a consumable (box of sunlight) and the sacrifice of a headgear slot is a proper compensation (an anti-status mid is quite valuable so losing that for this effect is a good counter-balance in itself).

I voted for MVP cards re-enabled outside of retro but that's if gr/dr/ar stay allowed. If gr/dr/ar are removed (MP was in the option but like I stated before, I don't think it should be there, it's not like gr/dr that provides a massive tanking advantage), MVP cards can stay locked imo.

Edit: Btw, it's a terrible idea to decide something like this via a poll, every single time important decisions concerning woe were taken via poll, it made it even worst.

[Image: 14tph6o.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-03-2014 09:01 PM by Gojira.)
02-03-2014 06:29 PM
ChaosPrince Offline
Troll Prince

noah18cars Wrote:Secondly, there are really only 2 guilds at the moment, Ordo and Orion. Ordo is an Italian guild.

lol not like Ordo can change anything.
no MP = CP walks freely if I ever return.
02-03-2014 06:49 PM
cane 33 Offline
Pancake

Pls don't return: u will wipe all server solo, poor us...

I really want to know if u are srs when said this idiots things or no asd

Btw if you really remove gr and friends from woe I would like it if you don't touch them in BG.

And tell me what ar stands for else I can't sleep today Icon_sad

[Image: 2uikp3q.jpg]

Ren is the best
02-03-2014 07:18 PM
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

Yes, the woe on wednesday its too damn late for europeans. I wont invest time and stress and items trying to catch a castle i'll lose 3 days after.

Album Collection:
[img]WIP[img]
and counting

CLICK HERE HeRO Videos!

[Image: image,RNGod,white,black.png]
[Image: NYD-ONESHOT-7-85-M-damage.png]
[Image: Screenshot-20190605-030429.jpg]
02-04-2014 09:29 AM
Menace651 Offline

Wednesday woe could probably be set back 2-4 hours hours to accommodate for Euro players. SEA players are kind of out of luck.

BG/WOE is fine the way it is now. Some MVP cards are too game breaking (GTB, Hibi, etc) to have any place in PVP. GR/Devi/MP/Angeling cards are good but have their weakness and can be countered so can be used in PVP withouth breaking game balance. If there were no mini-boss cards everyone would just run a creo or champ.

I personally don't actively WOE. There is really just no incentive maybe except to get access to guild dungeon. I don't see the point in spending expensive consumables to WOE. I rather spend those at BG. At least you get something out of it.

Just @who2 Menace ingame. You should find me if I'm on. thanks!
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2014 01:58 PM by Menace651.)
02-04-2014 11:10 AM
Gojira Offline
truth hurts

Menace651 Wrote:Wednesday woe could probably be set back 2-4 hours hours to accommodate for Euro players. SEA players are kind of out of luck.

The problem is that if you set it back 4 hours, that's 6 pm for east coast and 3 pm for west coast. So basicly, you're just inverting the situation and making it very difficult for the currently favored players to WoE. Ideal situation would just be to have one WoE on saturday and one WoE on sunday so that the time can be possible for everyone.

Menace651 Wrote:BG/WOE is fine the way it is now. Some MVP cards are too game breaking (GTB, Hibi, etc) to have any place in PVP. GR/Devi/MP/Angeling cards are good but have their weakness and can be countered so can be used in PVP withouth breaking game balance. If there were no mini-boss cards everyone would just run a creo or champ.

Actually, gr and dr are much more game breaking then most MVP cards in the current BG/WoE context. The truely "game breaking" MVPs can be counted on one hand and compared to GRs, they're MUCH more rarer (Old OCA GRs and the recent GR farming trick by themselves provided way too many GR cards for the active population of the server) not to mention that the 2 cards you mentionned are natural counters to each other and have downsides of their own (have fun tanking stuff with a GTB on, have fun with your HP pool on a HW when you're wearing hibby).

If you think everyone will run a creo or a champ if GR/DR aren't available, it just means people don't know how to counter those classes, GRs or not. Every class has it's downsides, champ just shines in small scale fights because of their movement ability (snap). Asura in itself can be stopped in a couple of ways. Creators are very bragi dependant to be powerful. Also both those classes have the highest consumable cost which is a downside in itself. Anyway, removing GRs would just force people to actually learn more about the game/the classes they play rather then relying on that card all the time.

[Image: 14tph6o.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2014 05:03 PM by Gojira.)
02-04-2014 05:00 PM
cane 33 Offline
Pancake

I just don't like the idea to lose MP and together it the 6 months spend to farm them: in pvm has few usages D:

cane 33 Wrote:And tell me what ar stands for else I can't sleep today Icon_sad
Is Angeling? Where the f*** is the "r"?
LET ME SLEEP

[Image: 2uikp3q.jpg]

Ren is the best
02-04-2014 08:56 PM
ChaosPrince Offline
Troll Prince

RE: ??WoE Stuff

Gojira Wrote:force people to actually learn more about the game/the classes they play rather then relying on that card all the time.

that's a myth on HeRO
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2014 09:56 PM by ChaosPrince.)
02-04-2014 09:55 PM