Poll: What job should i start playing as my main?
My hunter
Start a babypriest
Start a priest
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Help me pick
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

RE: Help me pick

Yes she does, and that she picked the choice long time ago... somehow, the topic is revived though for reasons beyond Namine's understanding...

That is the point. Priests never get hit because they got their free fly wings ready at all times whenever those mimics and arclouzes feel nasty. As for AM, shouldn't the priest be reasonably high level, enough to start making zeny for decent equipments and perhaps start getting a few basic cards (like pupa for the hp boost) by then?

However, the lack of strength does mean that casters do make them a less efficient hunter... they have to go back to town far more often, and those traveling times can be tedious...

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
05-17-2007 02:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
razoredge Offline
Poring Head Knight

without a bathory AM's can be lethal, and I'm guessing by free flywings you mean teleport. My priest gets hit all the time, granted it may be because my KE runs out or I get ganged because those evil mimics and arclouzes decide to butt in when the AM's and I are playing nicely.

Also, even with pupa and hp boosting equips AM's have an attack which I've seen them pull off consecutively and had two AM's do it at the same time (so one will use the attack twice and the second will do it once for three times total). This attack can do damage anywhere from 0~9999 damage (normally hits from 1k~4k on my priest w/o bathory).

I started leveling there at my mid 70's so I had little to no gear but the experience was worth it (who cares about 1% when you're getting over 10% per kill). So, no the priest doesn't have to be TOO high of a level but you should expect to die.

Also, one thing that has to be counted on is delays, in highly mobby areas or areas with lots of aggressive monsters, if you use TU, odds are you're going to run into a cool down delay which prevents you from healing/teleporting/etc... So if you use TU or use any other skill that has a cool down effect you're pretty much at the monsters mercy if you get mobbed since you can't tele =/. So, in conclusion, priests will get hit but they have the resources to get hit less than most classes.

[Image: razbannerow7.gif]
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2007 03:09 PM by razoredge.)
05-17-2007 03:08 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Hence why Namine cannot train her HP unless on weekends because she can only play for an hour or two... no time to on the weekdays. Just have to spend half an hour to kick all the mimics and arclouzes on half of the map into Amon Ra's chamber, then it's joyful joyful TU time with the ancient mummies Icon_biggrin (until some LK comes in, and kills all the mimics on his way to reach Amon Ra)

AM cannot possibly kill the priest without Occult Impact, which is what Bathory can neglect (dark attribute attack is not very lethal anyway). TU does have a delay, but with personal experiences, Namine has 9 dex, and TU delay means about 2 free hits by AM until you can heal, which it'll hit once more after that, before Namine can try TU again if the first TU failed. Unless AM is feeling mean and wants to do 1 normal attack followed by Occult Impact, there is sufficient time to heal inbetween... if it use occult impact first, then that's what the real fly wings are for~

Think that Namine has about 5-6k hp around this time, with some of those hp coming from pupa, ant egg, fabre x 3, which are by no way difficult monsters to hunt for their cards... some may even go for fabre x 4 rod instead of fabre x 3 staff too. It's just enough to live one occult impact and one normal attack if at full hp from AM ( which usually, it's enough time to use teleport/fly wing. However, Namine did die once though... Icon_cry ) But then again, Namine got 50 luck instead of the usual 30-ish because she is paranoid of TU failure... other people probably got even more vit/dex to make life easier to survive.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2007 03:28 PM by Namine.)
05-17-2007 03:22 PM
razoredge Offline
Poring Head Knight

namine Wrote:AM cannot possibly kill the priest without Occult Impact, which is what Bathory can neglect (dark attribute attack is not very lethal anyway).

Either I'm misunderstanding this quote or I think you're thinking of a different card other than Bathory. The Bathory card enchants an armor with shadow property. Occult Impact is normal last I checked. Also, so it's known occult is based on the opponents Vit. A normal priest build has a decent amount of vit which means IF AM's had occult the damage would be more.

Bathory card (shadow) negates the undead attack (shadow) that AM's have. Without that you're looking upwards of 4k damage per time they pull it off and if they pull if off twice in a row that's almost 8k. Now assuming you don't have the greatest gear you won't have that much hp in a TU build. Two attacks would kill you. So yes an AM can kill a priest without bathory. Also, you have to remember we're talking priest here, not High Priest with Assumptio.

http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?all_mo...rch=Search

So, I'm confused as to that quote.

05-17-2007 04:00 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Personally, I was talking about the first 70ish levels, pneuma + firelock and such for servants of gods and firewall/firebolt for spellcasters, AMs are meant to be harder.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
05-17-2007 04:22 PM
razoredge Offline
Poring Head Knight

I was just curious as to Namine's comment on priests not getting hit and then the occult thing with AM's. It's just a bit confusing =/

05-17-2007 04:58 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Hm, someone can easily go to RMS (sadly filtered by the computers here at work) or other databases, and look up AM's ability list to see which attacks always do 9999, but never really deals the full damage (think alarm got the same attack as well.) Pretty sure that it is not related to assumptio in terms of that attack not dealing the full damage... usually, assumptio will show the already-reduced number (like AM's normal 700 dmg hit down to 350).

Someone said to Namine that the 9999 dmg attack that never really deals 9999 damage is occult impact, so she went with the name and called it what she is taught to be o.o;

05-17-2007 05:05 PM
razoredge Offline
Poring Head Knight

k that clarifies that.

It's actually undead attack and it does random damage from 0~9999 (I have yet honestly to see it do 9999 too but that doesn't mean it can't happen). Assumptio also does cut this damage by a % but in a TU build you're focusing more on luk, dex, and int than you are vit. So your HP won't be as high as say an FS priest. Therefore it's easy for those nasty AM's to knock you into last week Icon_lol

(This post was last modified: 05-17-2007 05:08 PM by razoredge.)
05-17-2007 05:07 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

razoredge Wrote:k that clarifies that.

It's actually undead attack and it does random damage from 0~9999 (I have yet honestly to see it do 9999 too but that doesn't mean it can't happen). Assumptio also does cut this damage by a % but in a TU build you're focusing more on luk, dex, and int than you are vit. So your HP won't be as high as say an FS priest. Therefore it's easy for those nasty AM's to knock you into last week Icon_lol

Still does not really answer the question of what number shows up though if it is really assumptio reducing it... As Namine mentioned last post, Assumptio should show an already reduced number, but somehow AM can still throw a 9999 number up, while in reality it seems to be something lower o.o; Unless it is the nature of the attack that it always shows 9999 while dealing random shadow damage inbetween 1-9999... Icon_confused

Mmhmm, Namine was full FS as priestess, but just have to force 5TU into the build because leveling is just that slow/problematic without it... but considering switching back to full FS regardless of the slow exp. Healbombing no matter how slow back then, was always an enjoyable experience for Namine... TUing AM feels like going to work Icon_evil

05-17-2007 05:34 PM
razoredge Offline
Poring Head Knight

Namine Wrote:
razoredge Wrote:k that clarifies that.

Still does not really answer the question of what number shows up though if it is really assumptio reducing it... As Namine mentioned last post, Assumptio should show an already reduced number, but somehow AM can still throw a 9999 number up, while in reality it seems to be something lower o.o; Unless it is the nature of the attack that it always shows 9999 while dealing random shadow damage inbetween 1-9999... Icon_confused

Mmhmm, Namine was full FS as priestess, but just have to force 5TU into the build because leveling is just that slow/problematic without it... but considering switching back to full FS regardless of the slow exp. Healbombing no matter how slow back then, was always an enjoyable experience for Namine... TUing AM feels like going to work Icon_evil

yes that's correct, the 9999 will always pop up but it's random damage between 1~9999; however, if you manage to have a bathory carded armor, it makes leveling there MUCH easier, almost like healbombing in Amatsu at firelocks just with better experience. You just have the occasional moment when you have to lead mimics/arclouze into a corner

05-17-2007 06:51 PM