5.Classes and their useful luring skills
6.Stats
7.Equipment
8. Consumables
9.Special Luring Guide links
10. Sources

1. Introduction

Hey everyone Icon_biggrin,

This guide is all about the "art of luring". Some people might say "Luring ... that is just running around collecting some Monsters", that is true but for me it is one of the greatest enjoyments of Ragnarok. It is more then just stupidly running around, it is about finding the best and right way to collect as many monsters as possible in the shortest amount of time, receiving as little damage as possible and getting the mobb in the right place at the right time to have not much trouble to kill it. You have huge influence on the leveling or farming speed of your party when you lure, you can speed up everything and save time if you lure effective.
I enjoy the feeling when I finally got a huge mobb and I can kill it when I am alone, I love the feeling when I went through some trouble and managed difficult situations to get more monsters and finally pull the mobb into the Storm Gust of the Wizard when I am in a party, and there is nothing that can describe the feeling when a party start to scream "Laaggg!!" when the AoE of the party hits your mobb and they all die or even dc Icon_eek (just joking about the last one, you shouldn't kill your party Icon_razz).
So since many people asked me to teach them how to lure and I couldn't find a detailed guide for luring in the internet (maybe I didn't search good enough) I thought of writing a guide for everyone who want to learn it, for everyone who might want to improve their luring skill and for everyone to whom luring is a passion as it is for me!
Some explanations might sound pretty trivial but for some people it could be helpful.
For all those of you who have different ways of luring or even better ways I would be happy to hear about your "style of luring" Icon_eek. I am open for any kind of advices, critics and corrections of my othography since this is my first serious guide I wrote and since my english isn't that good. Icon_smile

2. Luring/tanking

Tanking = Standing at one spot without moving while monsters attack you
Tank-luring = Pulling monsters slowly while they hit you constantly
Luring = Moving infront of monsters without getting hit or just getting hit rarely to pull them

[Image: 2995398983_1_3_12TExp4e.gif]

To-Do-List:
1. Don't worry
2. Be Happy !
04-12-2014 11:33 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mupfelsan Offline
I want you to smile =)

RE: A Basic Luring Guide

3. The basic moves

The basic moves:

1. The wiggly line: this is what you do most of the time! You run from the right side to the left side of the mobb and the other way around while constantly moving forward in the direction you want to pull your mobb.
2. The circle: just running around the mobb in a circle.
3. The straight move: just running in a straight line.
4. The mobb dive: going right through your mobb.

To-Do-List:
1. Don't worry
2. Be Happy !
04-12-2014 11:34 AM
Mupfelsan Offline
I want you to smile =)

The use of moves:

1. The wiggly line: This move is to stack monsters up and to keep the mobb stacked behind you without losing monsters or getting hit. Faster monsters or monsters that doesn't drop behind because of not using any spells will follow you closer than monsters which are slow or use spells. The closer following monsters will have a further way because of your wiggly line move while the others won't. Like this you can counter the different movement speed of the monsters.

2. The circle: This move is used to hold the mobb at one spot while you wait for something like the party to be ready or if you are surrounded by monsters you want to avoid and there is no way through them and you have to wait until there opens a path. It is good for regathering a mobb which is spread all over your screen as well. To stack the mobb better try to run in small circles around the mobb and if you are not too close you can even stand still for a moment.

3. The straight move: This move is good if you want to pull your mobb between monsters you want to avoid or between monsters you want to avoid and a wall or any other situations where you don't have enough space to move in wiggly lines. If you lure monsters with the same walking speed which doesn't use any spells that makes them drop behind the main mobb you can always use this move, just make sure your mobb is a bit stacked so you don't lose monsters in case you have to stop and run infront of the mobb. If there are monsters in your mobb with different walking speed or monsters that use spells from time to time which makes them drop behind the main mobb you should just use this move if it is necessary and just for a short way else you will get caught by the main mobb while waiting for the ones who dropped behind or you will lose some monsters. To be able to hold this move for a bit longer and for a higher distance try to make small steps really close to the closest monsters to you.

4. The mobb dive: This move has a huge risk in it so just use it in emergency situations or if you are absolutely sure you can do it. If you are fast enough and get the right timing you can run through a mobb while the mobb is still heading to the spot you were a second ago without getting hit or just getting a few hits. For this the mobb should be stacked or slow. You maybe can dodge the atatcks when you go through the mobb if you have enough flee or even survive the hits but the way to not get hit at all is to be fast and get the right timing.

4. Explanations and general hints

General:
- If you notice you will get hit locked (hit lock = you can barely move because of the high number of hits you receive) and you can't tank the mobb, then just teleport.
- Watch the mini map and think of a smart way to go. If you lure the same corner 3 times in a row there won't be many monsters there anymore, so try to equally lure all parts of the map.
- Know the map! Sometimes there are small pathes between two rocks or something like that, which can save your life.
- Know the skills and behaviour of all monsters of the map! (for example: hillwinds just use spells when they received damage. If you know that, you shouldn't attack them or wear reflect gear).
- Know your skills and how they might could help you luring (more about skills at 5.).
- If anything can push you, try to guess where it will push you before it does and move a bit closer to the mobb so you don't lose it because of the sudden distance.
- Know the aggro range of the monsters.
- If an aggressive monster sees you and you run out of his side, it will run to the spot where it saw you last.
- Movement Speed is your friend!
- HP, damage reduction, Flee (not so much use for bigger mobbs) and Perfect Dodge are your friends!
- Skills, buffs, stats and equipment which increase the 2 points mentioned before are nice to have.
- Enduring effects or dodging effects and everything that can protect you from getting hit locked will greatly increase your luring capability.
- Some skills or hits of monsters will give you position buggs, so try to click on the cell you want to go to and hold your mouse clicked t this direction if you have the feeling that you could experience a position bugg. You can sometimes see where you really are by the behaviour and aim of the monsters.
- If you want to lure monsters that are looters you can do that by dropping worthless things on the ground.

Partys:
- Have macros to warn your party if there are special or exceptional dangerous monsters in your mobb
- Don't ever run into your party with the mobb! Your goal is to lure the mobb into an AoE not to lure it into your party and kill them all. If there is no AoE for some reason just run in circles around your mobb infront of your party until they are ready to kill it or lure the mobb away if you can't hold it much longer.
- Try to enter an AoE with your mobb from most distant point of the party.
- If the party is busy with another mobb you can either estimate if they can handle your additional mobb but then you should drop the mobb into the side of the AoE where the other mobb is in or you just wait until they finished killing the current mobb.
- If you are luring monsters which change the aggro really easy then keep a good distance to your party until you see the AoE.
- Watch your buffs, your pots, your sp you might need and try to estimate if it will be still good for the time you need to go back to your party.

Avoiding special monsters:
- Try to remember the places of monsters you want to avoid.
- Try to guess where monsters could move.
- If a monster that you want to avoid moved without noticing you, you can be sure that it won't move for a few seconds and you can move closer to the aggro range of the monster without endangering yourself too much.

Getting rid of a special monster in your mobb:
- If the monster you want to get rid off is faster then the rest of the mobb then lure the monster not in wiggly lines and leave your mobb behind you, then teleport or leave the special monster at a different spot behind you and then get your mobb back.
- If the monster you want to get rid off is slwoer then the rest of the mobb then just lure your mobb in smaller wiggly lines or even in straight lines until you lose the monster.
- If the monster uses spells then this is the moment you can run away with your mobb.
- If the monster has the same behaviour as the rest of your mobb then you can if possible just try to hit it with a range attack or skill while luring or you leave all monsters and regather them all and avoid to get the special monster this time.

5. Classes and their useful luring skills

Notice: Which skills you should use always depends on the monsters you are luring, your own skill, your equipment and your party setup. Some of those skills might be just useful for a few specific maps or monsters. If you want to know which skills you should use on a specific map then just ask me and I will try to help you.
I will just describe the parts of the skill effects which are helpful for luring or which will interfere your luring. You should always be aware of the time you need to use a skill and for how long it will delay your moving! Remember that not all skill effects affect boss monsters or any race or element type of monsters!
blue = really useful skills
black = could be useful in some situations

Novice:
- First Aid: If you have time and you lost some HP and you don't have any pots.
- Trick Dead: For emergency if you are close to death. Nice to lure just a few monsters who are faster than you, just walk a bit and if the monsters get too close use this skill, wait until the monsters got a small distance to you then stand up and go on walking.

Taekwon:
- Running: Nice to run away away from a mobb since it makes you pretty fast while you won't get hit locked. Watch out for monsters, players, walls or anything like that you could run against, you will get knocked back 2 cells and be stucked for a moment. Don't use this skill too long or else you might lose your mobb because of your walking speed. /bangbang as macro command can help you to fast get into the right position for your running direction if you dont have much space to move to determine the direction.
- Break Fall: Nice skill to dodge some attacks but if it gets activated while you are not in running mode you will get stucked for a moment, so you better should not use this skill while luring.
- High Jump: Nice skill to escape the hit lock of a mobb if you have enough dex for a fast cast. /bangbang can help you set the right direction for your jump. Pay attention that there is a cell you can really jump on and not a wall or a player or monster because then you just will land at the place from where you wanted to jump.
- Flying Side Kick: Nice to escape from the hit lock if you see a single monster infront of you, you can jump to it.

Star Gladiator:
(Notice that most of the skills can just be used on one map you chose)
- All Warmth skills: Pushes your enemys back so you don't get hit locked so easily.
- Comfort of the Sun: Increases your Vit Defense - more survivability.
- Comfort of the Sun: Increases you Flee Rate - more survivability.
- Knowledge: More weight capacity to carry more pots or other things with you.
- Union: Your movement speed increases!! But you shouldn't attack now since you will lose 2% of your HP for each attack.

Soul Linker:
- Kaizel: Instant Resurrection!
- Kaahi: Heals 1400 HP for each normal attack you receive at max level, if you receive many attacks in a short time the heal effect will just heal you once in this short time.
- Kaupe: Evades one enemy attack. Does not work on a few skills like Pressure.
- Kaite: Reflects up to 2 offensive magic spells, even Heal. Assumptio ends this skill and Kaite will end your Assumptio.
- Estin: Pushes an enemy back.
- Estun: Can stun medium monsters.
- Eswoo: Slow one monster. Nice to get rid of a special monster. Slowtime is reduced on boss monsters.

Ninja:
- Reverse tatami: Knocks nearby enemys 5 cells back and blocks ranged attacks for 3 seconds.
- Mist Slash: This skill will hide you but just in case you hit the enemy. Nice to save yourself in emergency and good in combination with Shadow Jump. Make sure you get the right timing to not get hit out of your hiding.
- Shadow Jump: Need to be in hiding for this skill. Moves you to a targeted cell. Nice to get some distance to the mobb again.
- Ciceda Shell: Epic luring skill! You jump 7 cells in the direction you were hit while avoiding the damage of the hit. So once the mobb caught you, you just simply get pushed 7 cells away from the mobb. The skill lasts for 50 seconds or 3 attacks and you can even cast while you jump. Just watch in which direction the mobb will push you if it hits you. Does not work on magic attacks and not all of the other skills.
- Illusionary Shadow: This skill is like Ciceda Shell just without the jumping and it lets you avoid the damage of 5 attacks instead of just 3.
- Crimson Fire Formation: Creates a 5x5 firestorm around you, each cell of that area can hit up to 9 times and pushes the enemy back.
- Water Escape Technique: Reduce the movement speed of your mobb if it walks through your created water area.
- Fallin Ice Pillar: Chance of freezing to stop some monsters. If you are lucky you can get rid of a monster if you just freeze the one you want to take out of your mobb.

Gunslinger:
- Adjustment: Flee +30.
- Increasing Accuracy: Agi +4 -> Flee.
- Cracker: Chance to stun an enemy. Good to get rid of a special monster.
- Dust: 5 cells knockback.

Super Novice:
- Just look at the skills of all first classes.

Swordman:
- Increase HP Recovery: The HP recovery doesn't matter so much, what is important is the increase of the healing effect of heal items. 100% more at max lv (cumulative with the increase from vit)!
- Provoke: Nice to get aggro of monsters.
- Endure: The most typical luring skill! Protecting you from hit lock for the next 7 hits and gets you 10 MDef. Use it at the right moment since you have 10 seconds cool down for this skill. Sometimes it is better to wait just right before you can barely move until you activate this skill.
- Moving HP Recovery: More HP regeneration.

Knight:
- Riding: Movement speed!!!! And more weight capacity for pots and stuff.
- Charge Attack: You jump to an enemy while pushing it back. Hit lock escaping.

Lord Knight:
- Parrying: 50% chance to block normal attacks and certain skills without any delay! The negative side of this skill is that you have to wear a two hand sword to be able to use it. So if you get damage you can't have the damage reduction of a shield. If you get alot of damage from attacks you can't parry then you better use just a shield. Always estimate if your shield might be better in the total damage reduction.
- Concentration: This is the skill which makes you one if not even the best class for luring! This skill gives you a permanent endure effect without a limit of hits and it has no cooldown! This skill turns you into a luring machine. "Hit lock? What is that? Icon_cool". Make sure you just use level 1 Concentration because this skill lowers your defense more the higher the skill level is you are using.
- Berserk: This is an emergency skill. Just use it when you are close to death and have no pots left or when you are sure that you would die in the next seconds. Your Max HP get tripled and you this new max HP will get healed full the moment you activate this skill. Increases your Movement Speed! Gives permanent endure effect. The negative side is that your Def and MDef will drop to 0, your Flee gets halved, you will lose 5% of your current HP every 15 seconds. You can't chat, use any items, receive any kind of heals. The skill cancels after 300 seconds or when your HP drop below 100. You won't regain HP or SP naturally for 5 minutes after the skill ends.

Crusader:
- Divine Protection: Reduce damage from undead property and demon monsters. For places with undead and demon monsters it is a pretty nice damage reduction.
- Heal: Nice for those who don't have the money for pots and for saving weight capacity.
- Cure: If monsters blind, confuse or silence you, you can cure it.
- Riding: Movement speed !!! More weight capacity.
- Faith: Increase Max HP and resistance to holy attacks - survivability!
- Auto guard: 30% chance to block an attack with your shield. But use this skill just when you have no trouble of running away from the main mobb since even at skill lv 10 it has 0,1 seconds delay when you block an attack, while this time you can't move. I personnaly never use this skill when I'm luring.
- Shield Charge: Knocks back and has a chance to stun the enemy. Nice to get rid of a special monster.
- Reflect Shield: Please don't use this skill when you lure! Most monsters start to use skills or behave different when they received even 1 damage or if one monster you are luring has the Heal skill it will stop from time to time to heal the damaged monsters and stops for a second.
- Devotion: There is no positive effect for your luring but people who are in devo can get your Endure and guard skills and so you can help others to lure better. If the person you have casted devo on receive a hit and you have Endure active it won't count as a hit on your endure effect even you get all the damage of the attack. Like this as long as you don't receive more then 7 direct hits and you keep up using endure the one you casted devo on can lure with permanent endure effect and even the Auto Guard skill doesnt delay you in devo.
- Defender: Great to lure ranged monsters. reduces ranged attack damage by 80% but slows your movement speed.
- Shrink: If you use Auto Guard while luring, then you should use this skill as well. Chance to push enemy away when blocked by Auto Guard.

Paladin:
- No additional good luring skills.

Magician:
- Safety Wall: If you get hit locked and you can manage to cast a Safety Wall with uninterruptable cast, you have 10 hits time to run out of the Safety Wall and get distance again.
- Frost Diver: Freezing one enemy. Good for getting rid of a special monster.
- Stone Curse: Stone curses one enemy. Good for getting rid of a special monster.
- Fire Wall: Creates 3 cells of fire in a row, each cell can hit 14 times with fire element and pushes the enemy back. you can set 3 Fire Walls at a time. If you want to know how to place your Fire Wall efficiently look at this vertical fire wall guide [http://z6.invisionfree.com/EclipseofRagn...r/t552.htm].
- Energy Coat: Reduces damage from normal attacks by draining SP.

Wizard:
- Sightrasher: Pushes enemys back in all directions.
- Jupitel Thunder: Pushes back one enemy. Good to get rid of one special monster.
- Storm Gust and Lord of Vermillion: If you have time enough to cast this on the mobb before it catches you, you can hit lock the mobb or freeze it. Cast Storm Gust Lv 1, the Lv of Lord of Vermillion doesn't matter since there is no difference in cast time.
- Ice Wall: Nice skill to save yourself by encaving yourself with the walls. You can keep monsters away with blocking the way or even imprison them with walls. You can get distance to your mobb by setting one wall directly behind you so the mobb has longer way to run to you.
- Quagmire: Awesome luring skill! Slowing the whole mobb down.
- Sight Blaster: Pushes one close enemy back.

High Wizard:
- Napalm Vulcan: Chance to curse an enemy.

Sage:
- Cast Cancel: If you cast something while luring and you notice that the mobb would get you this will cancel your cast so that you can run or if you have free cast then you move faster again when you cancel the spell.
- Magic Rod: Absorbs single target magic spell that are MAtk based - damage protection.
- Spell Breaker: Cancels spells with cast time from your enemy - avoid getting hit by certain spells.
- Free Cast: You can walk at 75% walk speed at max lv while you are casting! That is nice so you have more chances to cast spells while luring.
- Dragonology: Good to lure dragons since you get Def against dragons.
- Land Protector: Protection from AoE spell damage.
- Dispell: Cancels magic effects of the enemy like speed buffs.

Professor:
- Memorize: Halves the cast time of the next 5 spells you use. Activate this spell maybe before you start luring since it has a long cast time.
- Wall of Fog: Reduces ranged attack damage received in this area and if the mobb walks through this area the monsters will get blind.
- Spider Web: Nice to tie monsters you want to avoid. If you web a monster and use a spell from distance which is not fire element it will even teleport.

Archer:
- Attention Concentrate: More Agi -> more Flee. More Dex -> faster cast.
- Charge Arrow: Pushes an enemy 6 cells back. Nice to get rid of a mobb.

Hunter:
- Ankle Snare: Snares an enemy. Good for getting rid of a special monster. All other traps with status affects stops the enemys as well but this one is the only that will stop enemys for 100% if they walk in.

Sniper:
- True Sight: Increase all stats by 5.
- Wind Walk: Movement Speed !! More Flee.

Dancer:
- Dancing Lesson: More Movement Speed while performing.
- Scream: Chance to stun enemys on your screen.
- Please Don't Forget Me: Reduce ASPD and Movement Speed of the enemys! Make sure to not get hit while you let the mobb enter your performing area.
- Wink of Charm: Can immobilize and deaggro a monster for 10 seconds. Good to get rid of a special monster.

Gypsy:
- Tarot Card of Fate: Has a chance of affecting a monster with different effects that might help to get rid of a special monster.

Bard:
- Frost Joker: Chance to freeze the enemys on your screen.
- Pang Voice: Causes Confusion on an enemy. Good to get rid of a special monster.

Clown:
- Tarot Card of Fate: Has a chance of affecting a monster with different effects that might help to get rid of a special monster.

Acolyte:
- Divine Protection: Reduce damage from undead property and demon monsters. For places with undead and demon monsters it is a pretty nice damage reduction.
- Pneuma: Blocks range attacks on 3x3 area around the cell. Good to avoid range attacks if you have time to spam it on your luring way. Nice to lure ranged attack monsters.
- Teleportation: Emergency escape (fly wings are faster). Spares weight capacity of Fly Wings so you can get more pots and stuff.
- Heal: Nice if you don't want to use pots or for saving some weight capacity of pots.
- Increase Agility: Movement Speed !! Can even be used on monsters if you think they are not fast enough.
- Decrease Agility: Slows an enemy. Nice to get rid of a special monster.
- Angelus: Increases Vit-Def.
- Blessing: Increases Str, Dex and Int. More weight capacity, faster cast, better Heal and more Int-MDef.
- Cure: If monsters blind, confuse or silence you, you can cure it.

Priest:
- Safety Wall: If you get hit locked and you can manage to cast a Safety Wall with uninterruptable cast you you have 10 hits time to run out of the Safety Wall and getting distance again.
- B.S. Sacramenti: I am not really famous with this skill, but I would guess it would be good at maps where you receive alot of holy or magic damage.
- Slow Poison: Stops the damage from poison effect.
- Kyrie Eleison: Creates a barrier around you which can absorb damage of 30% of your Max HP or blocks 10 attacks.
- Magnificat: Increase natural HP and SP recovery speed to 200%.
- Gloria: Luk +30 -> Perfect Dodge.
- Lex Divina: Silences an enemy. Protects you from the spells of a monster.

High Priest:
- Assumptio: Halves all incoming damage!! Kyrie will cancel Assumptio and the other way around.
- Basilica: Creates a barrier zone of 5x5 cells that blocks any kind of attacks. Nice to save you if you will get hit locked or if you already are.
- Meditatio: Good for those who uses the Heal skill while luring since this skill increases the effect of Heal by 20%.

Monk:
- Body Relocation: Teleports you instantly to a chosen cell!! As long as you can use this skill you never will get hit locked and be able to lure even if you are trapped or slowed or anything like that.
- Dodge: Flee +15.
- Steel Body: As long the monsters are not really slow this skill is more for tanking and tank-luring then for real luring. It increases your Set Def and MDef to 90% but slows your Movement Speed!
- Critical Explosion: Just nice to be able to use Body Relocation without consuming spheres.
- Call Spirits: Just needed to use Critical Explosion or Body Relocation.

Champ:
- Dangerous Soul Collection: Just a better version of the skill Call Spirits.

Merchant:
- Enlarge Weight Limit: More weight capacity. You can take more pots and stuff.
- Pushcart: 100% Movement Speed while pushing a cart with you in which you can put more pots and stuff.

Blacksmith:
- Hammer Fall: Chance to stun enemys in a 5x5 area.

Whitesmith:
- Cart Boost: Movement speed!!

Alchemist:
- Learning Potion: Increase effectiveness of healing items by 50%!
- Potion Pitcher: Depending on the Vit and Potion you are throwing you can heal yourself and others with an additional heal bonus to the potion healing!
- Chemical Protection skills: Protection against strip or skills that might damage your equipment.
- Homunculus: Some of the Homunculus have some nice skills to help you lure
  • Lif: Touch of Heal: heals you.
    Emergency Avoid: Movement Speed !!
  • Amistr: Castling: Switch the location of you and you Homunculus instantly.
    All Defense: Increases Def of you and your Homunculus.
  • Vanilmirth: Chaotic Benediction: Heals either you, the Homunculus or one of the monsters.
  • Filir: This Homunculus has no skills that can help you lure.

Creator:
- Slim Potion Pitcher: Increases the effectiveness of condensed potions when you throw them with this skill and heals a 7x7 area with this potion, but not like Potion Pitcher this skill has a cast time.
- Full Chemical Protection: Protection against strip or skills that might damage your equipment.

Homunculus:
As Alchemist or Creator you can even let you Homunculus do the luring job for you. The positive aspects about this are:
- Homunculus don't get their Flee reduced at a certain number of monsters that are attacking the Homunculus.
- You don't endanger yourself.
- You can easily resurrect your Homunculus.
- Homunculus don't get stuck by hits, they have an permanent endure effect.
The negative aspect about this is that it is harder to move like this and to be able to watch your luring way and monsters.

Thief:
- Increase Dodge: Flee +30 (2nd class Flee +40).
- Detoxify: Cures poison status.
- Back Sliding: Moves you backwards 5 cells. Since this skill has no cool down you can spam it and escape the hit lock of the mobb. Just watch the direction your face have to be turned to, to be sure you backslide in the right direction. For this /bangbang as macro can help you to fast get into the right position!

Assassin:
- Cloaking: You can hide from monsters and move while hiding! If the mobb gets too close to you, you can just easily cloake, get distance to the mobb and dehide again. Use a Smokie pet if you don't want to be seen from demon and insect monsters while cloaking.
- Poison React: I am not really sure about this skill, I tested it with someone but we couldn't exactly tell if there is a delay in your movement when you counter an attack while you walk. Anyway if there is a delay it could maybe get you into the hit lock of the mobb.
Counters up to 6 attacks with an envenom attack. There is no cool down on this skill so you can always activate it again when the effect is gone.

Assassin Cross:
- Has no additional skills which could have a use for luring.

Rogue:
- Tunnel Drive: Allows you to move in your Hiding skill. If the mobb gets too close to you, you can just easily hide, get distance to the mobb and dehide again. Use a Smokie pet if you don't want to be seen from demon and insect monsters while hiding. With Soul Link you even get Movement Speed, the effect of ranked potions is increased and you become undispellable.
- Intimidate: Good to teleport dangerous monsters away from the party.
- Plagiarism: Inform yourself which skills you can copy and then decide which of them is the best to use at the place you are going to lure.

Stalker:
- Chase Walk: Allows you to hide and move while being hidden. This skill is comparable to Tunnel Drive but this skill is harder to detect and with soul link this skill makes you really fast -> movement speed with link!! In addition to that the link will make you undispellable!
- Reject Sword: You can reflect up to 3 hits at a chance of 75% but when you reflect a hit while walking you will have a short movement delay which can get you into the hit lock a mobb, so use this skills just if you are sure this delay won't endanger you.
- Preserve: With this skill you cant lose the skill you copied with Plagiarism in exchange for another skill!

6. Stats

In general and for each class and place there are many different builds you can use to successfully lure.
If you would like to know which stats you should build on a certain class on a certain map, then just ask me and I will try to help you with that.
I will just describe the effects of the stats that could maybe make luring easier for you.

Str:
- More weight capacity for taking more pots and stuff. (+30 weight/str)

Agi:
- More Flee to dodge some attacks. (+1Flee/Agi)
- More ASPD for using some skills faster. (Does not affect Cast Time or Movement Speed)

Vit:
- More Vit-Def! (1 Vit-based Def/ Vit)
- Higher Max HP! (+1%/Vit)
- Healing items effectiveness increases. (+2%/Vit)
- HP regeneration increases. (+1/5Vit)
- Resistance to status effects per 1 Vit:
> Bleeding: -1% chance from being inflicted, decreases duration (Immunity: 97 Vit)
> Curse: -1% duration (Immunity: 100 Vit)
> Poison: -1% chance from being inflicted, decreases duration (Immunity: 97 Vit)
> Silence: -1% chance from being inflicted, -1% duration (Immunity: 97 Vit)
> Stun: -1% chance from being inflicted, -1% duration (Immunity: 97 Vit)

Int:
- Int-based MDef increases. (+1/Int [approximately])
- Max SP increases to be able to use more skills while luring. (+1%/Int)
- SP items effectiveness increases. (+1%/Int)
- SP regeneration increases. (+1/6Int)
- Resistance to status effects:
> Sleep: -1% chance from being inflicted (Immunity: 100 Int)
> Chaos: -2/3% chance from being inflicted (Immunity: 150 Int)
>Blind: -2/3% chance from being inflicted (Immunity: 150 Int)

Dex:
- Cast time -1/150. (Instant cast = 150 Dex)
- Increases ASPD just a bit.
- Increase resistance to blind a bit.

Luk:
- Increases Perfect Dodge. (+0,1%/Luk)
- Reduces enemys chance to land a critical attack on you by 1%/Luk.
- Increase resistance to status effects:
> Blind: slightly decreases chance from being inflicted
> Curse: -1% chance from being inflicted (Immunity: 100 Luk)
> Frozen: slightly decreases from being inflicted
> Poison: slightly decreases chance from being inflicted
> Silence: slightly decreases from being inflicted
> Sleep: slightly decreases from being inflicted
> Stone Curse: slightly decreases chance from being inflicted
> Stun: slightly decreases chance from being inflicted, -0.01 seconds duration

The most usual luring builds are:
- 100+ Vit (status effect immunitys and high Max HP), 90+ Agi (High Flee rate)
- 100+ Vit (status effect immunitys and high Max HP), 90+ Int (SP, Heal skill bonus and some Int-based MDef to avoid to get hit by low damage magic attacks)
- 100+ Vit (status effect immunitys and high Max HP), 90+ Str (carrying many pots)

7. Equipment

Again I will just give general advices here, for questions about the equipment for luring with a certain class at a certain map just ask me and I will try to help you.

- Everything that reduces your incoming damage. Inform yourself about race, property, size and elements of the spells the monsters use on you. If you know which monsters and which spells do the most damage on you, then chose your priority reductions against those monsters and spells. Maybe you can even dodge some hits by wearing the right element armor so you don't lose enduring effects so fast and don't get hit locked so fast. Equipment Def and MDef are nearly always helpful but cards and effects with damage reduction are usualy more helpful especially against skills who pierces through your defense or against crit attacks which ignore your defense as well.
- HP-Equipment
- Equipment that increases effectiveness of heal or healing items
- Flee or perfect dodge equipment
- Movement speed equipment !!! (Notice that the most movement speed equipment effects doesn't stack with all speed buffs, but you might want to switch to movmeent speed which are not stackable wit hthe speed buff you have when you get dispelled or the time of the buff runs out.)
- eventually cast speed or cast delay reduction gears (up to the importance of the skills you are using while luring)

8. Consumables

- Watch the weight compared to the healing effect of your healing items.
- Use healing items which heal you enough so you don't need to spam them too much to be able to focus other things more. (and to prevent your finger joints from damage Icon_razz)
- To save some money for expensive pots there are some effect combinations for healing items like using Ice Cream (150 zeny/each at the npc) 2x Snowier Card and a Marc or Evil Druid Card against the freezing effect.
- Anodyne gives you an endure effect for the lasting duration.
- If you have the money for it you can even use some movement speed items like Speed Potions or Increase Agility Scrolls. (Pay attention on which movement speed effects might not stack with others you already have.)
- Fly Wings are always helpful to get out of dangerous situation (faster than using the telport skill) or maybe teleport you faster back to a mobb you have lost to regather the monsters fast enough before they are distributed again.
- Don't use items that could affect you with a status effect that brings you into trouble while luring (confusion, freeze, stun) as long as you are not immune to the effect.

9.Special Luring Guide links

I will try to make some guides and videos about luring at some special places. I don't know how much time it will need until I can make those guides. If I made a guide of one place I will post it and add the link to it here. These are the places I plan on doing a little guide about luring there: Hillwinds, Rachel Sanctuary, Ice Dungeon, Dimensional Gorge, Thor Volcano, Nameless Island and Abyss Lake. If you think my guides are helpful to you and you would like to know how to lure a special place just ask and I will try to find out how to lure this place for you. Just tell me the place, tactic of your party (party constellation), which char you want to lure on, which mobbs you do want to lure there and which you would like to not be part of the mobb.
List of Guide links:
- Hillwinds: -
- Rachel Sanctuary: -
- Ice Dungeon: -
- Dimensional Gorge: -
- Thor Volcano: -
- Nameless Island: -
- Abyss Lake: -

For those who want to be happy while luring: http://www.pandoraonline.net/forum/showt...?tid=23661

10. Sources

- http://irowiki.org/classic/Main_Page
- http://ratemyserver.net/

Thank you for reading this guide!
Hope you guys liked it Icon_smile
I am looking foward to see your mobbs soon Icon_wink
Have fun! Icon_biggrin

To-Do-List:
1. Don't worry
2. Be Happy !
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2014 11:44 PM by Mupfelsan.)
04-12-2014 11:35 AM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Added note for Ninjas (who have a smokie carded accessory), shadow jump could be a nice luring skill as well. Vrs things that can see through your hiding, combined with ciceda, Shadow jump can be a useful escape move as well.

*hide, boss/demon/insect hits your ciceda, shadow jump out of aggro range*

also, I think Rogue link makes preserve block dispell so long as the rogue/stalker is linked. unsure on that.
04-12-2014 11:30 PM
Menace651 Offline

Good Guide, Mup.

Any class can lure in Ice Dungeon and DG with the right gears/stats.

For ID I go all AGI/Flee. You will get bogged down with vit because Gazetis will hit lock you and your mob will overrun and destroy you even if you have endure skill.

For DG 100 VIT for survivability and Curse immunity. Although I've lured there successfully with 1 vit characters before. It takes some fancy foot work, a good connection and a fast flywing/holywater finger.

For Thors/Nameless/Thana/Nydd, etc. I would not lure with anything besides VIT Peco Peco Riders.

Just @who2 Menace ingame. You should find me if I'm on. thanks!
04-17-2014 11:03 PM
w@isAn Offline
I'm Rabbit Lover!

wow! i don't have time to read these long but you always our God Lure.. Every-time, i mean everytime! When we was in the same party, i will think silently in my heart / shout out loud "Omg, we gonna die of the Lag of whole map mobs" Icon_biggrin No1 Mup the awesome Lurer Icon_twisted

w@isAn | w@isAn~ | w@ikiki | Inori Yuzuriha |
Fairy Tail | Melodi | zeRo~ | Baby Milo | Waivo |
Love
04-18-2014 02:53 AM
whitedraw Offline
YUKI! xD

Well, I do remember you lure it with novice... so yea loll

[Image: GLgDZOF.gif]

Nya~~ what are you looking at nya???
10-22-2014 10:27 PM