Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
~What?! MVP Lords' Mysterious Meeting in the Ygg Tree!~ A News Report
Liminality Offline
Twilight's Transience

~What?! MVP Lords' Mysterious Meeting in the Ygg Tree!~ A News Report

Late last night, a female Rogue was found incapacitated inside the base of the Yggdrasil Tree. The assailants, a pair of Lords (Orc Lord and Evil Snake Lord), were found by the victim and guildmates that took to her support in resuscitating her as well as dispatching the lingering threats.

A reporter was called in to interview the young lady; the interviewee agreed but asked to be identified by an alias of "Claire", in order to avoid confusion between herself and another person who appears to share her character's real name.

---

Interviewer: "So I understand your discovery was quite the shock to you. Would you mind telling us what you were doing there?"

Claire: "Ah, it was!! Uhm.. so, I was finding my way through the.. what was it... Umbala Dungeon? I've never been through there, but the person guiding me in my mind* was there many times before, so I knew where to go. And when I got to the end, there was this huuuuuuge tree! And waterfalls and flowers, it was beautiful!"

[*: Editor's note - Probably the person actually playing this character.]

Interviewer: *laughs* "Yes... it's a very nice place. But unfortunately, "that" happened. Did you try to escape, being trained as a Rogue?"

Claire: "Ahaha... er, it was such a surprise to see [the MVP] that my mind blanked... I had some fly wings on me, but I didn't think about it. By the time my guide got my attention back, the archers already... ..."

Interviewer: "But then your new friends came to your rescue?"

Claire: "Yes, they did!" They got my signal for help at the last second and came right over. Zan and ... I feel bad for not remembering the name she wanted me to use, but she went by Okaeri or Mayushi? They had some trouble, but they got rid of Orc Lord for me! We also found... his name was, Evil Snake Lord? But but, Mayushi changed into her Sniper form and totally destroyed it! That was so cool!!"

---

As the people of Rune-Midgard(HeRO) would know, Mayushi leads the guild Stop Do The Lazy, a very active guild on the server that also has an established War of Emperium sister Guild, Orion. "Zan" likely refers to Zanaruka, a High Priest within the guild that also administrates both it and Orion. The Rogue, Aoi "Claire" Kodoku, was recruited last night shortly before the incident occurred.

We ask that others who choose to venture the long way through to Niflheim remain wary of any further abnormal threats that might still be present in the Yggdrasil Tree, as we've unconfirmed at this time whether there are any remaining MVPs to be found. If possible, please make use of the SaveNPC system for direct access to all unlocked content, and report any and all abnormal presence/movement of monsters to the proper authorities.

Upon contacting the GM Service Division of the HeRO shard, they quickly responded that they would "look deeper into this," noting that the ritual summoning variant of the "Focus Pocus" [sic] metaspell was the likely cause of this abnormal presence. The respective MVPs could not be reached for comment.

Attention however should be called upon the coincidence that both MVPs found were Lords of their respective locales. Is there something more sinister at work than mere foul play? Are the monster legions of the world plotting something in collaboration, or are they merely being strung along like puppets on string by someone's plot?

What could this portend...?

I will be there, seekin' for liminality / no destinations to see, I wander /
in quiet places, so dark as eternity / I'm crying calling your name, I'm searching for you
05-09-2014 02:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

RE: ~What?! MVP Lords' Mysterious Meeting in the Ygg Tree!~ A News Report

I know a guild out there that specializes in taming. Hocus Pocus is one of their main tools for catching monsters that don't have tames yet, but one of the possible spells that comes up with it's chaotic magic is the ability to transform the target into stuff. Usually it's a skill called Monocell that turns it into a poring, but if it's Class change, then your target transforms into a Boss Monster.

Now that guild I mentioned is generally pretty good at cleaning up after mishaps like that, but can't say for sure.

Gotta love those guild happenings. Everyone comes together and makes a warm fuzzy feeling.

[Image: giphy.gif]
The Oka Compendium
: A glorified record of my alt-a-holic-ism. May or may not be up to date at any given point.
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2014 04:07 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
05-09-2014 04:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply