Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A possible comeback for me
Aqualys Offline
Azure Sky

RE: A possible comeback for me

It's nice replaying heRO after all these years, but what happened to the community? It's one thing that there aren't as many active people as there used to be (especially with the server's policy of never adding third classes and the Renewal system), but I feel it becomes a problem when people refuse you in parties based on your class, in a situation where the community is very small to begin with.

Back in the days, even if parties weren't an absolute optimal combination of classes, it wasn't rare to end up finding a party to go someplace. Nowadays, all parties are like, "lure, HW, HP, prof, bragi", and if you're not one of those classes, you're not invited. And it's getting grating. I've not been successfully invited to a SINGLE party since coming back, with the exceptions of when I asked for a (high) priest to help me in places like Biolab 2 and Geffenia in chat, and those were two-people parties, not actual parties in tougher places requiring more people.

Back in the days, me and a friend HP could reach Thanatos Tower 12F on our own (with three other people to help us get to 3F that would leave afterwards). We could hunt at Nameless Abbey (or whatever it's called) and kill Necromancers and stuff. We could handle Abyss 3 while I gathered 3-4 Gold Acidus at once. And stuff. I always had places I could go. (Er, we stayed away from Thor's Volcano though. Icon_razz)

Now that old friend of mine is gone, and with parties refusing me all the time, things are getting not only boring (due to loneliness), but also grating whenever I see parties that ask for specific classes and refuse me (or worse, don't even reply to me). Not to mention that I sometimes see a spam of "LF> classes" every 2 minutes for like an hour, only to presume that the party ended up giving up and disbanding in many cases. As if those classes were the only way to be capable of killing monsters and no other party is allowed to attempt. Hell, I mentioned that I could reach Thanatos Tower 12F with only an HP with me back then. If I can do that, then you don't NEED all those crazy classes to do so (unless you actually plan to kill Thanatos, then the party composition might indeed need to be tight).

So yeah. That's my view on stuff. I am getting irritated.

[Image: Combination.jpg]
06-08-2014 07:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ChaosPrince Offline
Troll Prince

To answer your question:
1. Player base is very very limited.
2. Out of that limited amount, 90% sit and AFK, or just use HeRO as MSN.

Referring to WoE and BG, people don't even take it seriously.
PvM has been replaced by DG and Muspel (event bag) parties, because levelling is no longer an achievement.

The old days are gone and you can only accept it.
06-08-2014 11:16 AM
Menace651 Offline

(06-08-2014 07:40 AM)Aqualys Wrote:  It's nice replaying heRO after all these years, but what happened to the community? It's one thing that there aren't as many active people as there used to be (especially with the server's policy of never adding third classes and the Renewal system), but I feel it becomes a problem when people refuse you in parties based on your class, in a situation where the community is very small to begin with.

Back in the days, even if parties weren't an absolute optimal combination of classes, it wasn't rare to end up finding a party to go someplace. Nowadays, all parties are like, "lure, HW, HP, prof, bragi", and if you're not one of those classes, you're not invited. And it's getting grating. I've not been successfully invited to a SINGLE party since coming back, with the exceptions of when I asked for a (high) priest to help me in places like Biolab 2 and Geffenia in chat, and those were two-people parties, not actual parties in tougher places requiring more people.

Back in the days, me and a friend HP could reach Thanatos Tower 12F on our own (with three other people to help us get to 3F that would leave afterwards). We could hunt at Nameless Abbey (or whatever it's called) and kill Necromancers and stuff. We could handle Abyss 3 while I gathered 3-4 Gold Acidus at once. And stuff. I always had places I could go. (Er, we stayed away from Thor's Volcano though. Icon_razz)

Now that old friend of mine is gone, and with parties refusing me all the time, things are getting not only boring (due to loneliness), but also grating whenever I see parties that ask for specific classes and refuse me (or worse, don't even reply to me). Not to mention that I sometimes see a spam of "LF> classes" every 2 minutes for like an hour, only to presume that the party ended up giving up and disbanding in many cases. As if those classes were the only way to be capable of killing monsters and no other party is allowed to attempt. Hell, I mentioned that I could reach Thanatos Tower 12F with only an HP with me back then. If I can do that, then you don't NEED all those crazy classes to do so (unless you actually plan to kill Thanatos, then the party composition might indeed need to be tight).

So yeah. That's my view on stuff. I am getting irritated.

You're being refused from parties really??! I think it's a lot easier to get into parties now since the majority of parties are DG and Muspel and pretty much any class can be useful. IMO it was much harder to get into parties back before the DG/Muspel days. I remember having to solo grind my sage to 99 because no one wanted me in any parties because back then sages were pretyy much useless in parties. But now they are useful for dispelling at DG and LP/DPS at muspel.

yes granted parties are harder to find nowadays but you should have no trouble getting into one with whatever class. We actually had a pretty good Muspel marathon run last night.

Just @who2 Menace ingame. You should find me if I'm on. thanks!
06-08-2014 03:08 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Welcome back Aqualys. Sorry to hear people haven't been welcoming as far as parties go. A good work around is to start your own party. When I'm party leader I invite anyone who wants to join and is level appropriate.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
06-09-2014 08:56 PM
Aqualys Offline
Azure Sky

You can invite me anytime, Pandora. ^_^

06-09-2014 09:42 PM
Moriloke Offline

If you ever want to do a party with incredibly stupid goals and low success rate, now that we hit 89 with 3 friends i brought back to RO, well you're welcome to join us.

Efficiency is not our strong point though, but fun definitly is. Tons of IG death by laughter on teamspeak :3

Main chars :
Moridicule - Monk 9x
Moriloke - Knight 70
06-12-2014 12:06 PM
Aqualys Offline
Azure Sky

Feel free to offer stuff to me when you see me ingame, Moriloke. I don't necessarily enjoy spending hours anywhere, but I don't mind spending half an hour or an hour to any random place, or for more advanced places (i.e. Thanatos Tower, Abyss Lake, Nameless Church, etc), probably much longer.

06-12-2014 12:15 PM