Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Power Creep regarding V4P Headgears
Demogorgon Offline
Awesome

Power Creep regarding V4P Headgears

Just read the News about the upgraded V4P Hats and think i need to voice my concerns here that a Power Creep Loop is really noticable lately.

Hawk Mask eg was already a big wtf moment for me,that thing is just Plain OP for a 50 point Hat.

I think the Question has to be what Role v4P should fit,in the early Stages there were useful but niche Items with the Focus to either be very Narrow or not the best option available if they are widely useful.

Then came the good Stuff like Mask of Goddes that was the best option for some and a very good option for many classes, Spare card that shifted a whole Meta and the incredible OP Hawk Eye.

I dont necessarily say its the wrong way to power creep up the old niche Items but i think its obvious v4p keeps shifting in the Direction that the top options for most builds are amongst them (espacially in lower section this is already the case,mid still has glasses/sunnies competing but more and more v4p gears beat (or come close to) many card options for those) and i dont know if that was intended.

To the Specifics : Both reginleif Band and Ninja Scroll fit the old v4p role, not too OP but Useful for some Builds. espacially the reginleif was already pretty Good i think,regarding ninja scroll, for matk classes 2% made you think if you need this or the extra weight, 4% is just a really noticable dam boost and will make it top end for many/most Wizards.

The donut, i admit was a bit underused,but 50 extra sp on lower means for all but very high int champs this actually beats 5 atk lowers (and other than the awesome gangster Scarf,the Donut is ugly as Hell ;P), for low sp builds this can even beat rainbowring which is a friggin 100m+ Item.

I can see that you need more voters since many have all the useful gears already but maybe there are other ways?!,like 150 point enricheds or other useful consumable Items.

If you thought about it and want V4P to be High-End options its fine,but i was concerned that this might be an unintentional Power Creep that overdid it a bit.

Peace out, Euro

If you stare into the Abyss there's a 1d20 chance that 2d4 lesser Tanari'i
stare back at you
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2014 11:10 AM by Demogorgon.)
06-05-2014 11:09 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

RE: Power Creep regarding V4P Headgears

Thanks for raising your concerns. It's a thin line between useless and over powered, I'm trying to steer in the middle.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
06-09-2014 09:19 PM
punisouffle Offline

RE: Power Creep regarding V4P Headgears

If they're meant to stay in a middle line,
I, too, think some of them've been boosted too high.

Ninja Scroll used to give 2% matk (while the RMS stat is 1%, as it was introduced in jRO) Beefing up to 3% should suffice, just like the White Tie/Ribbon, which we have seen some wizards wear them on occasions.
4% is overkill~

Hawk Eye is incredible thing with 5% (!) ranged physical attack, plus (!!) 5% ranged physical attack reduction?! If we compare it to Masquerade (3% attack on demi), I'd feel giving Hawk Eye 3% boost in offense and 2% in defense department.
it'd still compete with Binocular or Sigrun's, especially when you don't need that extra dex.

Really, at 5%, all the Shield Chain paladins are wearing one now.
It's horrifying.

I know the buffing act's been done, but a little ner-- *cough*
a little rebalancing would help these gears find their fateful place.
Icon_biggrin

Totally not sourgrape 'cuz I missed April's v4p,
honestly!
06-27-2014 08:40 AM