Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Regarding Account Safety
GM-Rahice Offline
The Malevolent Queen Maleficent

Exclamation Regarding Account Safety

Hello heROes!

The GM team wants to issue a reminder to all of our players, concerning your account safety :

The GM Team will NEVER ask for your Username and Password, or other account information. Whether it be in-game, through the forums or on some outside source such as a messenger.

The GM Team will NEVER ask you for banking information, credit card information or any type of billing questions, through any means.

The GM Team will NEVER ask to log onto your account, for any reason.

The GM Team will NEVER request you to download Team Viewer to connect with them for any reason.

The GM Team may use PMs for contacting players, however (see below)

If you ever think you are not being contacted by a Real GM :
    Please submit Screenshots through the Support Ticket system for investigation.

Please ask the GM to prove they are a real GM, by performing some kind of small task. Such as Spawning a Monster, Changing Class, Nuking You, Broadcasting in a Colored Text (Yellow, Orange, Pink, Bright Blue, something other than Main Chat, Party Chat, Guild Chat colors)

ALWAYS Use the Support Ticket for any issues, do not post Account Information even on the Forums, or through a Forum PM.

If you ever feel you are at risk, report it immediately!

[Image: Rahice.gif]
Thank you Ren for the Signature!
06-05-2014 04:10 PM
Find all posts by this user
GM-Rahice Offline

RE: Regarding Account Safety

We had a GM Impersonation issue that was immediately stomped out once informed, but after reviewing the chats and seeing the information players willingly gave to someone, we decided we needed to send out a reminder of security.

06-05-2014 06:01 PM
Liminality Offline
Twilight's Transience

Quote:Is it possible for them to be able to hack accounts via heRO chatrooms only? This is kinda alarming.

The method the thief is using involves whitespacing to exploit chatroom string-rendering protocol and coerce people into believing someone is there when they actually were not. It's easier to trick someone in one.

If you look at the sidebar, the only other person actually in the chat at the time was "-Blink-", and they also wrote something in each line before "GM-Pandora" 'spoke'. All they were doing was putting random text, then adding enough spaces to be able to go to the next line and impersonate someone else, hoping no one would notice.

A shame they're using such cleverness in this way, though.

I will be there, seekin' for liminality / no destinations to see, I wander /
in quiet places, so dark as eternity / I'm crying calling your name, I'm searching for you
06-06-2014 11:13 AM
Ange Offline

So, the trick works with PMs also. Don't get fooled.

http://imgur.com/BqjaxuM
06-06-2014 06:05 PM
GM-Rahice Offline

BUMP!

Pay attention to the first page. WE WILL NEVER ASK FOR YOUR INFORMATION OR THREATEN TO BAN YOU IN GAME FOR NOT GIVING US ACCOUNT INFORMATION, FOR NOT ADDING US TO SKYPE, ANYTHING This is a SCAM!

For your own saftey, please stop falling for these tricks and report them immediately with a screenshot!

06-06-2014 10:03 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

I'm GM-Pandora and I approve this message.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
06-09-2014 06:37 PM
Thread Closed