Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Small life potion/medium life potion
dibzy Offline

Small life potion/medium life potion

I know these potions were added with Muspel and I think they should be more widely available.

Currently, they're ONLY available in Muspel with quite a low chance to drop.

I don't think they're overpowered by any means, good for characters with low vit and helps them to stay somewhere for a bit longer than they usually can. White pots are hella expensive and don't heal much for those low vit characters.

They could be added to the NPC for an expensive amount (could be between 10-50k each) and act as a zeny sink for the server whilst also opening up more leveling options than just partying and specific locations or specific gears.

Whilst some may think that it replaces potions, potions aren't a viable option for those characters without much str or vit.
06-11-2014 08:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

RE: Small life potion/medium life potion

Thanks for the suggestion, but we meant for muspel to have some exclusive items to encourage people to go there.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
06-11-2014 09:23 AM
dibzy Offline

No issues with that, but considering that Muspel already gives way too much exp and is almost entirely done for that reason...

Also full Muspel is available weekly x2 (most people would only be able to attend once due to work/other commitments), so the amount of life potions you can farm isn't really feasible for it to attend for that basis.

The whole reason I am bringing this up is because I believe that compared to Muspel, there are no REAL alternatives to level. The reward for Muspel is simply too great, that those who have done Muspels to 99 their chars aren't really willing to hunt for cards/gear or level in any other way. I've been back for almost 2-3 months now and I've been in about 10 non-Muspel parties all together and I've constantly tried to start those parties (ID, DG, Nameless etc.)...

I love the monster of the moment, I think it has encouraged small parties, but again I want to reiterate the need for OPTIONS to level, and not just monster of the moment or Muspel. For example, if I have 2-3 friends that want to party, most likely we'd need a priest in that. Otherwise that party would most likely be inefficient (and probably boring due to the degree of inefficiency).
06-11-2014 09:50 AM
Aqualys Offline
Azure Sky

(06-11-2014 09:50 AM)dibzy Wrote:  I want to reiterate the need for OPTIONS to level, and not just monster of the moment or Muspel.

You want options for levelling? How about the whole game world? Stop being lazy and seeking only the quick options. There are countless alternatives. There's a whole world waiting for you. Ragnarok Online had the biggest game world of any MMORPG I've seen. (No, those games that have stupidly large maps with basically 10 minutes of travel with not a single monster in sight don't count.)

Instead of seeking ways to level up faster by bringing everything up to par with the places that are already way too good, instead try to make casual parties in less visited places. You know what annoys me? When people sit on their butt complaining that there's never a party going on, when they only and exclusively want to go to the same 2-3 places. And they end up getting into a party maybe twice a week when one full party ends up getting successfully formed.

Instead, why don't you make a party someplace else with people? Experience isn't as fast, granted, but at least you get a party and you get experience. That's better than sitting there complaining. And welcome anybody instead of accepting only 4-5 very specific classes and excluding everyone else. THEN you'll have a party.

I know that was a bit off the topic, but here's my thoughts on the actual topic.

(06-11-2014 08:25 AM)dibzy Wrote:  I know these potions were added with Muspel and I think they should be more widely available.

I don't think they're overpowered by any means

In what world do you live in to claim that something that heals you for 5% of your max health every 5 seconds is not overpowered? In fact, I think the item shouldn't exist at all due to its overpoweredness. I have like 40 of them in my storage from years ago, and I don't think I even ever used one because it seems basically godlike to me.

Although now that I think about it, I should probably use them next time I have a mission in Biolab 2 or Geffenia, etc.

I get what you mean in regards to those potions allowing you to go kill monsters in places you usually wouldn't, and/or without being forced to have a priest by your side. Really, I do. I need a priest with me in many places that I cannot handle solo, and I hardly get the chance to have somebody party with me. So I understand the idea. But I don't think this is the right idea to promote alternatives.

Sorry if my message came off a bit harsh. No such feeling was intended.

[Image: Combination.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2014 11:14 AM by Aqualys.)
06-11-2014 11:03 AM
Story Teller Offline
Passionate Artist

As a game designer standpoint, inefficient ways = enjoyable for most players, efficient ways = boring as hell.

If made easy for a player, it only makes it boring because of the lack of challenge. It's also when it comes to uncertainty, if a player knows that the drop rate is 100% then it would be boring as hell and people would once again want something more interesting that others can't attain.
06-11-2014 11:13 AM
GM-Rahice Offline
The Malevolent Queen Maleficent

I feel that I should point out that these potions are also available from Nydd Dungeon, maybe not as easy to obtain as they are from the monsters in Muspel, but they are there.

[Image: Rahice.gif]
Thank you Ren for the Signature!
06-11-2014 02:57 PM
cane 33 Offline
Pancake

You can't get that potions from Nydd mobs (RAHICE NOOB) but you can get the small life potion from Poring Smash too

[Image: 2uikp3q.jpg]

Ren is the best
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2014 08:18 PM by cane 33.)
06-11-2014 08:17 PM
GM-Rahice Offline
The Malevolent Queen Maleficent

I've gone on runs there before and come out with over 20 of them, something there at one point in time had dropped them if it no longer does.

[Image: Rahice.gif]
Thank you Ren for the Signature!
06-12-2014 02:52 AM
dibzy Offline

(06-11-2014 11:03 AM)Aqualys Wrote:  
(06-11-2014 09:50 AM)dibzy Wrote:  I want to reiterate the need for OPTIONS to level, and not just monster of the moment or Muspel.

You want options for levelling? How about the whole game world? Stop being lazy and seeking only the quick options.

Instead of seeking ways to level up faster by bringing everything up to par with the places that are already way too good, instead try to make casual parties in less visited places. You know what annoys me? When people sit on their butt complaining that there's never a party going on, when they only and exclusively want to go to the same 2-3 places. And they end up getting into a party maybe twice a week when one full party ends up getting successfully formed.

Instead, why don't you make a party someplace else with people? Experience isn't as fast, granted, but at least you get a party and you get experience. That's better than sitting there complaining. And welcome anybody instead of accepting only 4-5 very specific classes and excluding everyone else. THEN you'll have a party.

I believe you misunderstand me and treat me as one of the majority of the server. I party with people at random places much more than you'd believe. Odins, anubis, abyss 3 for higher level and various other random places for lower level. However, parties just don't exist any more. People are rarely bothered to party ANYWHERE. I have accepted smiths, rogues, linkers, assassins, whatever for parties at random places but these parties are just not happening much (if at all) any more.

Furthermore, most of these parties require at the very least a priest. Again, limiting options, no priest and most people would NOT want to party.

(06-11-2014 08:25 AM)dibzy Wrote:  I know these potions were added with Muspel and I think they should be more widely available.

I don't think they're overpowered by any means

(06-11-2014 11:03 AM)Aqualys Wrote:  In what world do you live in to claim that something that heals you for 5% of your max health every 5 seconds is not overpowered? In fact, I think the item shouldn't exist at all due to its overpoweredness. I have like 40 of them in my storage from years ago, and I don't think I even ever used one because it seems basically godlike to me.

How are they overpowered? They heal you 100% of your health every 100. You can spam that in pots in 2 seconds. They are USEFUL but overpowered? I'm not so sure.

Anyway....

Seems the idea won't be implemented. Thanks for all the responses.
06-12-2014 03:57 AM
Liminality Offline
Twilight's Transience

I said I wouldn't be active much through the week, but there's some things I want to bring up:

(06-11-2014 09:50 AM)dibzy Wrote:  For example, if I have 2-3 friends that want to party, most likely we'd need a priest in that. Otherwise that party would most likely be inefficient (and probably boring due to the degree of inefficiency).

(06-12-2014 03:57 AM)dibzy Wrote:  Furthermore, most of these parties require at the very least a priest. Again, limiting options, no priest and most people would NOT want to party.

This is a game design issue of RO itself, most parties that work well for a long interval of gameplay will have a Priest of some sort involved, or have alternate means of being self-sufficient (of which there are admittedly very few without great expenses accrued).

Concerning the potions themselves, normal pots are often needed for burst damage recovery - someone who doesn't need to spam pots and can manage their hp resource well can use the life potions to save that space for other things, or they can simply save their normal pots for the real threats instead. Whether this is an overpowered item due to that, I cannot judge, but it is of note that it is a banned consumable in ToH.

(Though, at least they can't be abused by Frenzy/Berserk Lord Knights ... ... can they? Icon_confused )

Finally, my personal feeling on this is that the reason this item won't be made widely available is that heRO already goes to a great effort to promote party play by changing some game rules around (no dual clienting being a major thing, and extra party exp being another), and since your argument is to play without depending on priests, promoting their exclusion through advocating this item is rather counter-intuitive to the idea this server is going for. If you need a priest, ask one of your friends to play one.

I will be there, seekin' for liminality / no destinations to see, I wander /
in quiet places, so dark as eternity / I'm crying calling your name, I'm searching for you
06-12-2014 12:28 PM