Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
@main chat
Aqualys Offline
Azure Sky

@main chat

Back when I played heRO a few years ago, the main chat was well-moderated, and excluding trading-related messages, it generally contained fun conversations for all ages.

Upon rejoining heRO last week, I seem to find, basically everyday, that a few individuals tend to have rather... immature conversations. Nothing that is mutable or bannable per se (i.e. no cursing, insulting, and the like), but just immature stuff in general, which kind of irritates me.

So, like, I feel tempted to turn @main off at times, whereas the main chat is what I like(d) the most about heRO back then (along with Trial of Heroes ^_^), with it making playing the game a lot less lonely and stuff.

This isn't a complaint or a report/request or anything of the sort. Just a general discussion kind of thing. This is how I feel about the @main chat as it stands right now, and I'm curious to hear other people's thoughts (not specifically about what I talked, but also in general, related to @main).

[Image: Combination.jpg]
06-13-2014 08:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Menace651 Offline

RE: @main chat

Ahahaha aqualys you did not like the conversation I struck up about about farts/gay and related stuff? ^_^

Just @who2 Menace ingame. You should find me if I'm on. thanks!
06-13-2014 09:12 PM
Angel Offline
Fartality

I'm really sorry if we have irritated you by our "immature" conversations but main is just too quiet you know. We are just looking for fun and chatting on main is our one way of having fun. If you don't like what you are seeing coz "immature" conversations irritates you then there's nothing we can do about it. We cannot tell people/players to be like this and that just because it doesn't go to our liking. :3

"BRB..."
[Image: giphy.gif]

|Ezekiel||Angel||Faith|
(This post was last modified: 06-13-2014 10:35 PM by Angel.)
06-13-2014 09:18 PM
Aqualys Offline
Azure Sky

(06-13-2014 09:18 PM)Angel Wrote:  You cannot force people/players to do this and that just because it doesn't go to your liking. :3

I don't like the tone implied by this sentence. I do not force anybody to do anything. I specifically went out of my way to make that part clear in my initial message so that people like you don't make that kind of comment.

[Image: Combination.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 06-13-2014 10:09 PM by Aqualys.)
06-13-2014 10:07 PM
Angel Offline
Fartality

Ah so, people like me. Ok let me fix that. LOL. I'm so sorry!

"We cannot tell people/players to be like this and that just because it doesn't go to our liking."

"BRB..."

|Ezekiel||Angel||Faith|
(This post was last modified: 06-14-2014 10:44 AM by Angel.)
06-13-2014 10:29 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

I view Main chat as a near fully established guild chat. Everyone on the server can see it and participate if they want. You have the party recruitments, you have the trade requests, and you have the random chatter. There are always going to be those immature goofballs (I myself view myself as one of them) and people who engage in stupid things you honestly don't want to pay attention to.

Like normal guild chatter, you can either ignore it, play along, or try to influence the conversation to go in a different direction. The latter is a bit tricky tho, you never know who'd be interested in the topic you're leading to, and it could get covered up by the ensuing chatter.

That said, I don't particularly care for peoples obsession with farts playing out on main unceasingly for an hour or two, but it's kinda lonely without main chat when you're solo-grinding. Though there are times when I'm feeling childish enough, I'd join in with my own retorts.

The Oka Compendium
: A glorified record of my alt-a-holic-ism. May or may not be up to date at any given point.
06-14-2014 12:37 AM
shikinoutaoi Offline
AFK Queen's Cat

well, dont just look up back, this is different era, you can't wish as what you wanted it was to be. just deal with it. if you don't like it, as you said, you can just turn the main off like you do there. and not ranting because other people had fun but you don't.

[Image: ng4mds.jpg]

Just "@who aoi" and you'll know
06-14-2014 04:20 AM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

(06-14-2014 04:20 AM)shikinoutaoi Wrote:  and not ranting because other people had fun but you don't.

I think it's tack ons like this that she's generally referring to.

Hi again Aqualyssss! o//////
The main you're thinking of died a many yearsss ago. People faded from the server, and others faded from main when it became full of stuff they didn't like or want to talk about. I haven't been on the server for a while, but the main main people from then posted in here, so I figure it's mostly the same!

Hiiiiii!

Inasad
stop doing dickers
06-14-2014 06:06 AM
Jens Offline
Weird Spider Sir

(06-13-2014 08:56 PM)Aqualys Wrote:  Back when I played heRO a few years ago, the main chat was well-moderated, and excluding trading-related messages, it generally contained fun conversations for all ages.

Upon rejoining heRO last week, I seem to find, basically everyday, that a few individuals tend to have rather... immature conversations. Nothing that is mutable or bannable per se (i.e. no cursing, insulting, and the like), but just immature stuff in general, which kind of irritates me.

So, like, I feel tempted to turn @main off at times, whereas the main chat is what I like(d) the most about heRO back then (along with Trial of Heroes ^_^), with it making playing the game a lot less lonely and stuff.

This isn't a complaint or a report/request or anything of the sort. Just a general discussion kind of thing. This is how I feel about the @main chat as it stands right now, and I'm curious to hear other people's thoughts (not specifically about what I talked, but also in general, related to @main).

Consider yourself lucky that you even witnessed a conversation on main. Most of the times I log on to heRO, main is either dead completely or just running commercials.

[Image: 4NuAbXh.png]
06-14-2014 08:42 AM
Angel Offline
Fartality

What others said is true! Ok

(06-14-2014 08:42 AM)Jens Wrote:  Consider yourself lucky that you even witnessed a conversation on main. Most of the times I log on to heRO, main is either dead completely or just running commercials.

Especially this! No wonder Jens yawn on main every time he is on. LOL. Laugh

"BRB..."

|Ezekiel||Angel||Faith|
06-14-2014 10:59 AM