Item Trial was too hard
Item Trial was balanced
Item Trial was too easy
Trivia was too Hard
Trivia was balanced
Trivia was too Easy
Panda is too soft!
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Trial of Heroes July 2014 Feedback thread
GM-Garr Offline
Local friendly code monkey

Trial of Heroes July 2014 Feedback thread

Host: GM-Pandora

Monsters:
10x Jailring
7x Golden Archer
5x Ice Titan
3x Summer Wai
1x Cultist

Items:
68 Cold Breath
46 Purple Gem
24 Demonic Horns
12 Smelly Cheese
4 Black Armor

PvP High Scores:
Zangulus (45 points)
Shinbei (40 points)

Trivia:
Which monster drops a card that grants more exp from dragon monsters? (explosion, 16 people got it)
What custom MVP can you summon with seafoam? (levia lusca, 14 people got it)
In which city can you obtain Speed Potion that increases moving speed? (lighthalzen, 18 people got it)
Which city will you go to if you want to make a Magistrate Hat? (payon, 10 people got it)
What year did heRO open? (2005, 10 people got it)

Mass Battle:
Light won (2-1, 13 Light vs 10 Dark)

Total players: 28
Dark heroes: 13
Light heroes: 15

Duration: 3 hours and 15 minutes

Thanks for joining!
07-26-2014 02:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aqualys Offline
Azure Sky

RE: Trial of Heroes July 2014 Feedback thread

Many of these monsters seemed specifically designed to screw over people. I know that it's normal that some classes can't necessarily handle everything, that some monsters will screw over some classes, and that you need high DPS as a whole, but I felt that this was a bit harsh. I remember my last ToH sessions being doable without needing insane DPS for everything. It felt to me like this monster trial basically forced you to have one of the few insane DPS classes to succeed.

10x Jailring was easy. Nothing to say. Should have been harder, imo.

7x Golden Archer, now this is when it kinda screws over a lot of people. First of all, they had Auto Guard? Or something along those lines (I'm not familiar with crusader skills), and most of the time, I wasn't even hitting them. I don't exactly have great DPS, but it took me at least 30 seconds ust to kill one, because most of my attacks weren't even conecting (and not because of high flee, I was using Counter Kick). Not to mention their 60+55 defense and 22k HP. This requires WAY too much damage, that only a few classes with skills with insane modifiers (or that bypass their Auto Guard) can achieve. I could only kill 3 of them before I had to run out, and I didn't mess up my combos. This is asking too much DPS. (And yes, I was using their elemental weakness, too.)

5x Ice Titan is also pretty harsh in regards to DPS requirements, with their 71+88 defense and 38k HP, but the fact that they don't have Auto Guard making them act like they have 40% more health made them doable for me. This kind of monster is too easy on ranged classes, though. They already have it easy enough as it is.

3x Summer Wai was interesting. No complaints, even though once again, I didn't have enough time to finish this one. I needed another 15 seconds or so. Still, pretty good.

1x Cultist, now that's just sadistic. It has so much health that I could barely bring it down to 100k before I knew for sure that I would run out of time. That and its spam of mute, curse and Fire Wall is not only brutal, but I question the fairness. It's one thing to add status effects like mute and curse to a monster's arsenal (in fact, I encourage it), but the fact that it spams Fire Wall in front of you/ the escape warp (which you can't do anything about, unlike the status effects) means that it may be downright impossible to even escape at all. I tried to run with like 30 seconds left, and I could not because my path was constantly blocked by Fire Walls. And with High Jump being disabled in that area (seriously, why?), Running either not working (due to Curse status that I had to keep curing every 5 seconds, on top of trying to spam two other buttons in the proper rhythm) or running myself into Fire Walls... I gave up and let it kill me with a few seconds left, feeling frustrated and violated. Did Ayu design this monster?

Other than that, I enjoyed it. Also, the trivia questions seemed very fair.

[Image: Combination.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 07-26-2014 04:42 PM by Aqualys.)
07-26-2014 04:42 PM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

10 jailring - just right. 100k combined hp, more about killing them in a timely manner
7 golden archers - wayyy too hard, especially considering its true sight and hit lock potential
5 ice titan - just right. More about making players think "should i waste consumables to kill them in time or should i just run for 5 easy points"?
3 summer wai - a bit hard considering AD breakage, reflect, and some sort of hit lock (or i was lagging)
1 cultist - quite suitable for a boss fight IMHO

items were quite good in terms of forcing ppl to keep on killing and using consumables but perhaps a 5-10% increase in item requirements would have made it just right rather than feeling a tad easy like it did
so perhaps:
75 Cold Breath
50 Purple Gem
25 Demonic Horns
15 Smelly Cheese
5 Black Armor
07-26-2014 11:21 PM
ChaosPrince Offline
Troll Prince

Monster trial: 1,2,3 = easy, 4: my mouse screwed me, 5: 1hitKO
Item: too easy, could have cut the time in half or add more item, ex. 8 black armor instead of 4…
Trivia: I got nuked… couldn't answer! refund 5 pts please.
Mass Battle: Res should be disabled… we had it!
07-27-2014 12:02 AM
ChaosPrince Offline
Troll Prince

(07-26-2014 04:42 PM)Aqualys Wrote:  5x Ice Titan is also pretty harsh in regards to DPS requirements, with their 71+88 defense and 38k HP, but the fact that they don't have Auto Guard making them act like they have 40% more health made them doable for me. This kind of monster is too easy on ranged classes, though. They already have it easy enough as it is.

Snipers: mob them, Sharp Shooting = over.
Anything else, bring wind element/magic attack = GG
07-27-2014 12:04 AM
Valerie12345 Offline
Val Val

I admit like Aqualys said, Monster trial was a bit difficult for me even if I dced but anyways... Jailrings: Nothing to say, pretty sweet choice! xD
Golden Raydric Archer: The only classes I saw to make it through end was creator since they had bombs also a few sniper and lk the rest all got dsed ( which is my case i mean 1k ds no way i could of pass , when I tried to cloack but somehow raydric continued to shoot me q-q)
Ice titan : Just ran cuz I didn't had enough time to ds 800 at em :c
Summer wai: dced at this moment, looked painful for those who had high vit :< but still a nice challenging choice. Cultist : Couldn't connect to server I missed, don't know how it was, but i would prolly run instead of dying q_q
Item Trial : also missed all that part, but as always item trial isn't a problem for me.
PVP: Was fun to watch, when 2 snipers were ds'in each other xD
Trivia: forgot about speed pots >.> and i never had an explosion card and wasn't interested in it so those 2 questions I messed them up rofl xD
Mass Battle: Pretty close, but was fun to see who wins Icon_biggrin
Once again, hope next month I don't dc xD and ty Garr and Panda was a fun one :3

List of characters

Seiko Kimura
Lyrianne
Aethera
Earla
Vindemiatrix
Rosie~
Lollipop :3
Vallhalla
Stylish Rogue
Tanky Blacksmith
Akame
I Fight
(This post was last modified: 07-27-2014 12:24 AM by Valerie12345.)
07-27-2014 12:23 AM
whitedraw Offline
YUKI! xD

I WANNA JOIN!

[Image: GLgDZOF.gif]

Nya~~ what are you looking at nya???
07-27-2014 06:25 AM
Menace651 Offline

I'm surprised so many people are still main'ing Snipers and Agi types in ToH. Str/Vit LK/WS/Sinx's do much better in Monster and Item Trials. Snipers pretty much get their behinds handed to them against high def, high hit, stun monsters. Str/Vit LK/WS/Sinx have more survivability and can use Ice Pick against high def monsters. Not to mention these classes can carry much more weight and have better status immunity.

Weapon/Armor breaking and especially stripping skills from custom monsters should not be allowed in ToH. The only class that can counter these skills are Creators and since there is no buffing of others allowed in ToH that means all the other classes are pretty much at the mercy of these skills.

Just @who2 Menace ingame. You should find me if I'm on. thanks!
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2014 05:58 PM by Menace651.)
07-29-2014 05:57 PM
w@isAn Offline
I'm Rabbit Lover!

I've no complaints for this time, 1st time i got very good scores in ToH Icon_biggrin
monster, item and trivia was balanced. Whistle

p/s : Panda, you've a very cute backpack on that day Love

w@isAn | w@isAn~ | w@ikiki | Inori Yuzuriha |
Fairy Tail | Melodi | zeRo~ | Baby Milo | Waivo |
Love
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2014 10:19 PM by w@isAn.)
07-29-2014 09:53 PM
Ash~ Offline
>O

am i too late ? Icon_razz anyway . item was very easy but overall it was balanced
i love panda and her backpack /ok

[Image: gangnam_style_cat.gif]
07-31-2014 10:16 PM