Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
High Wizard and Gyspy help (not sure if it's the right section)
Story Teller Offline
Passionate Artist

RE: High Wizard and Gyspy help (not sure if it's the right section)

Get that whip cracking~ ;D

[Image: tumblr_ny8egaizy41ugfaiio1_500.gif]
08-30-2014 05:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

RE: High Wizard and Gyspy help (not sure if it's the right section)

There's a few ways you can end up leveling as a gypsy.

First method is probably the easiest. Go Agi/Dex (Maybe some int for bigger SP pool or str for that weight increase) and Doublestrafe everything and anything until you are the level you want to be. This is essentially a glorified Perma Archer with a Massive SP pool, a Screen wide stun and potentially a Platinum skill that can turn demi-human and demon monsters temporarily passive.

Second method focuses mostly on your dex Stat. You're pretty much going to be trying to arrow vulcan crap to level. As this method tends to rely on your Vulcan one shotting your targets, you may want to have a properly carded and refined weapon for the task. Rope [4] are probably the most common whips you can get for that task, but I suppose if you feel like visiting zherlthsh in the Glast Heim Prisons, Queen's Whip might get the job done as well (If you're really rich, could try slotting that queen's whip for the 2 slots on top of that raw damage!).

Third Method that gets levels the fastest out of the 3 relies heavily on parties. You're a support class, and sometimes parties love to have ya. Which songs are preferred depend on the people you're playing with. On HeRO, the majority of people will want you to have Service for You (Some of the more elite-ist people will demand you have 100+ int to boost that song's effectiveness). Some of the more physical parties might prefer the Lady's Luck for those crit boosts.

I have been in parties that have had bragi'd sharp shooting snipers that have had me flash between my 100+ int Service for you (due to their gears, somehow that made their SS's cost 0 SP) and Lady Luck (SS is one of the few skills that can crit).

I would NOT skip "Please Don't Forget Me", no matter what build you are in. It's especially effective when you are in a more offensive build like the agi double strafe mode. It's like your own version of the wizard's quagmire, and it Stacks with any other movement debuff they may have on them.

I wouldn't really recommend any of the other dances unless you plan on either going for the Ensemble skills they unlock, or going for the Bard songs that Soul Linker will unlock when you know them.

Scream is LOVELY if you're planning on being more offensive. Screen wide chance to stun anything that's not an enemy (has a low chance of stunning people in your party, but it seems significantly lower chance than an actual monster). If you're planning on fighting non-boss demi-human or demon monsters, the Dancer platinum skill will be extremely nice if you need something to leave you alone for a bit as it turns them temporarily passive (in PVP though, it just throws a chaos status on them so they walk like they're drunk).

Moonlight watermill is fun, but kind of a trash ensemble skill.

Wand of Hermode is like an Instant Land protector that can only be used in WoE. It only protects people within it's AoE, and it does not protect the caster. Recommended for tankier and more well geared people if you're looking to charge a precast with your WoE buddies.

Marionette control... TBH, I've never seen this seriously used outside of gypsies and clowns built specifically for a Biochemist so they can be the best brewer they can be. I suppose it could have it's support uses, but it still GIVES half of your stats to the target, meaning you'd be a lot weaker.

[Image: giphy.gif]
The Oka Compendium
: A glorified record of my alt-a-holic-ism. May or may not be up to date at any given point.
(This post was last modified: 08-31-2014 12:47 AM by The Legendary Joe.)
08-31-2014 12:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply