[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
@main: Yellow or white.
Bloody Offline
Mmm Blood

@main: Yellow or white.

http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthrea...3#pid32623
People keep complaining about the color of @main. Pandora is considering making @main yellow again, if most people think @main should stay white, then Panda shouldn't change it.

Go ahead and vote for what you prefer, June is approaching.
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2007 08:49 AM by Bloody.)
05-16-2007 08:45 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

RE: @main: Yellow or white.

When people complain about either color and both colors will satisfy one half of the server, then might as well keep it the way it is now to Namine's opinion... White clashes with the floor color of Prontera along with normal chat, but yellow clashes with GM annoucements. Rather be confused with main/normal chats, which are usually only for casual small talks, than to miss out an important GM annoucements because there is a flood of people on main typing "lawl sucha newb" at the same time.

Namine votes for the white color =o

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
05-16-2007 10:21 AM
Bloody Offline
Mmm Blood

Even though I don't favor any color over the other since I barely care about @main , but:

1- GMs' announcements appear on the top of your screen first.
2- GMs can use @kamib to make announcements appear in blue text, removing any confusion that may occur because of yellow @main. All Panda has to do is tell the GMs to use @kamib from now on.
05-16-2007 10:26 AM
Ryxingeir Offline
waffooo!!

Namine Wrote:When people complain about either color and both colors will satisfy one half of the server, then might as well keep it the way it is now to Namine's opinion... White clashes with the floor color of Prontera along with normal chat, but yellow clashes with GM annoucements. Rather be confused with main/normal chats, which are usually only for casual small talks, than to miss out an important GM annoucements because there is a flood of people on main typing "lawl sucha newb" at the same time.

Namine votes for the white color =o
*nods* basically any color can clash with anything else - white with normal, yellow with GM announcements / PMs
so i guess it comes down to who can rally the most support for their choice o_O

if Pandora-dono really wanted to mess with things, she 'could' make it green, like before*, ne? n_n

*before = XeRO (may it rest in peace)

[Image: so2vjd.png]

[Yuri - baby assassin]  [Coral Ways - high wizard]
05-16-2007 10:30 AM
Motenai_Ronin Offline
Lord Jugger

wooo!! green xD

oh and rest in peace "before*" ^&^

~Wesa got a grand army!~ || ~Phreeoni's Cave of Wonders~
[Image: geonosisbanner.jpg][Image: phreenoni.png]  
Jugger (LK) Jester (Hunter) Beast (Taekwon) War Machine (BlackSmith) Iron Man (Merchant)
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2007 10:39 AM by Motenai_Ronin.)
05-16-2007 10:38 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
razoredge Offline
Poring Head Knight

Bloody Wrote:Even though I don't favor any color over the other since I barely care about @main , but:

1- GMs' announcements appear on the top of your screen first.
2- GMs can use @kamib to make announcements appear in blue text, removing any confusion that may occur because of yellow @main. All Panda has to do is tell the GMs to use @kamib from now on.

@kamic <color> <text> also gives them the option of choosing what color they want aside from blue/yellow.

but I don't usually pay attention to main and I shut it off so whatever color they choose is fine with me =/

[Image: razbannerow7.gif]
05-16-2007 10:39 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Here's how it works:

Oddly enough, If specify any admin in one of the files contained in your hero.grf, this admin will have GM clothes + the main will be white. If I don't specify any admin, it will be yellow.

To make it another color would require hexing the client, I have the tools to hex I use them already to tweak it. But what I don't know, is the exact string where it specifies Main Color. If I did I suppose I could change it to another color (green, purple, orange, blue, etc.).

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
05-16-2007 10:55 AM
Bloody Offline
Mmm Blood

o.o

Your hexing tools await you at home once you get back. If you can make a different color for @main, it will be real awesome. When you play on a Laptop Guild Chat and @main's white text gets mixed up easily..

Goodluck
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2007 11:01 AM by Bloody.)
05-16-2007 11:01 AM
Motenai_Ronin Offline
Lord Jugger

thot guild chat was green?

~Wesa got a grand army!~ || ~Phreeoni's Cave of Wonders~
[Image: geonosisbanner.jpg][Image: phreenoni.png]  
Jugger (LK) Jester (Hunter) Beast (Taekwon) War Machine (BlackSmith) Iron Man (Merchant)
05-16-2007 11:24 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Did you not hear the part about not knowing the string to change? ^_^;

There's gotta be hundreds of repetition of FFFFFF (white), I'm not about to crack my heads for hours long to try and find it, sorry. If someone knows about it however I'll gladly change our main color to something more convenient than yellow or white.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
05-16-2007 11:31 AM