No. I like this SVN better.
I don't care.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Petition To Bring Back Old SVN!
Menace651 Offline

Petition To Bring Back Old SVN!

Please sign on here if you would like GM's to bring back the old SVN.

I'm sorry but this new SVN has destroyed the game. I know GM's are always trying to balance out the game and implement new and exciting features but this new SVN has destroyed the core game and will hurt an already diminishing community.

Although I do welcome some of the new changes, like some of the BG changes, most of the other changes that came along with the new SVN have made the game unplayable and/or frustrating. I wouldn't mind a combination of some of the new game changes while keeping the old SVN mechanics.

Some examples:
-the removal of "hit-lock". Not only does this make certain class like Wizards 10x harder to play but it also creates insane "position lag."

-the nerf on Lif skills. Lif's are pretty much useless now. Many people spent weeks feeding and leveling their Lifs only to have them become useless with the new increased cooldowns on skills.

-Can't use commands when dead or consume items with storage open. I can't even @main chat when i'm dead? Or use items with my storage open?

-Annoying cast timers for skills that are instant-cast.

-Etc. more stuff.

Just @who2 Menace ingame. You should find me if I'm on. thanks!
09-20-2014 09:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
yacsef Offline
Kappa

RE: Petition To Bring Back Old SVN!

It would just be better if some stuff is "fixed". I find the new SVN pretty cool considering the fact that it will let them create/change more stuff (I think the old SVN didn't allow GMs to make changes as they wished).

Only things I don't understand are how adding a cast prevents cheating, and I would have left Lifs how they were and add buffs to that sheep and bird so they could actually be useful.
09-20-2014 10:24 AM
GM-Garr Offline
Local friendly code monkey

Umm... I really wonder how you play the game, or read the forum, if half of the stuff you mention was fixed over 2 weeks ago. And it's pretty noticeable.

(09-20-2014 09:37 AM)Menace651 Wrote:  -the removal of "hit-lock". Not only does this make certain class like Wizards 10x harder to play but it also creates insane "position lag."

-Annoying cast timers for skills that are instant-cast.

(08-08-2014 09:24 PM)GM-Pandora Wrote:  ...
Changes to monsters/homunculus/Pet:[list]
[*] AI tweaked a bit.
[*] No more hitlock on boss/mvp monsters. Hitlock is back, for now.
[*] Instant cast skill have a 0.01 second of cast time to prevent abuse and because of that very short casttime they show an animation and produce a sound. We changed this back to how it was.

About how it should fix things: simple, when there's a cast bar there's extra delay on motion, that prevents spamming skills with no other delay. Which are instant cast.

Not being able to use items during storage is part of other thing: not being able to use items while talking to NPCs. It's there to prevent possible abuse/script crashing if the conditions for deleting items are not where they are supposed to be. And I really can't see a reason to use items while being in the storage that would overcome possible abuse fixing. But that's my side.

Also, I hate to disappoint, but reverting to old SvN would pretty much take much more time and effort than fixing things that people don't like, not to say it took me over a month to prepare every conversion, and I still missed lots of things.

ETA:
(09-20-2014 09:37 AM)Menace651 Wrote:  I wouldn't mind a combination of some of the new game changes while keeping the old SVN mechanics.
Sad thing but it's not happening. eAthena is dead. Moreso, you can't get only things that makes your life easier, some of them should make it hard to keep it interesting.

Want to help HeRO with new content? Join the T&D Team!

For info on the server, check out the HeRO wiki.
To see your ingame account, visit the Control Panel.
If you encounter any problems, don't hesitate to submit a Support Ticket.

And don't forget:
Not all dragons are bad...
09-20-2014 11:56 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Dude, you're silly.
MMO's change, that's the very nature of the genre.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
09-20-2014 12:01 PM
Menace651 Offline

Umm Hitlock is NOT back. At least not they way it used to be. I've played Wizard before and after the SVN and it's a whole lot more different. Yes it's still do-able but 10x harder and posi lags like crazy.
Posi-lagging is suppose to make playing a wizard more challenging?

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2014 12:37 PM by Menace651.)
09-20-2014 12:31 PM
GM-Garr Offline
Local friendly code monkey

Wait, so there wasn't position lagging on previous svn? I must've missed a huge part of game! /sarcasm

eAthena always had problems with position lags as far as I know.

Can you tell me how it's different? In what way? Does it affect all monsters or not? From a quick test I didn't notice anything that's "a whole lot more different" from any previous experience I had.

Want to help HeRO with new content? Join the T&D Team!

For info on the server, check out the HeRO wiki.
To see your ingame account, visit the Control Panel.
If you encounter any problems, don't hesitate to submit a Support Ticket.

And don't forget:
Not all dragons are bad...
09-20-2014 01:11 PM
Story Teller Offline
Passionate Artist

You can always play another class instead of wizards. That's why they allow you to have 'many slots', plus a wizard can play in 'other areas' that other jobs don't even have a chance without parties. We are just human, we want the easiest route to everything and thus deny changes (which also includes reality). (~@_@)~

Mostly I see players want changes because of their easy routes being blocked. But as a game designer, I believe that 'challenge' (which is an aesthetics in gaming) is need in games to make them fun other than achievements.

[Image: tumblr_ny8egaizy41ugfaiio1_500.gif]
09-20-2014 01:11 PM
Menace651 Offline

(09-20-2014 01:11 PM)GM-Garr Wrote:  Wait, so there wasn't position lagging on previous svn? I must've missed a huge part of game! /sarcasm

eAthena always had problems with position lags as far as I know.

Can you tell me how it's different? In what way? Does it affect all monsters or not? From a quick test I didn't notice anything that's "a whole lot more different" from any previous experience I had.

So far I've played Wiz in Thors and DG in the new SVN and against a few MVPS in DB rooms. From what I've noticed mobs walk through your Storm Gust much faster even with Quagmire and will "posi teleport" at you from farther away. Yes, there was posi lag in the old SVN but mobs did not come at you as fast or "Posi-port" as bad. I haven't tried a real party against non-MVP monsters like Ice Dungeon but from what I can tell MVP mobs are definitely different.

As someone who has played on this server for 5+ years I can tell you there is a big difference. Ask any of the other vets who have played Wizard and they will tell you the same.

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2014 01:55 PM by Menace651.)
09-20-2014 01:54 PM
Story Teller Offline
Passionate Artist

If a normal player can't notice it then maybe it's something that is not obvious and is put in intentionally. As a veteran who have played a monk, blacksmith and knight, I would know from a single update if the skills had changed but I knew from the start that MMOs change depending on GM's judgement. If they made a 3 second lag after snapping then I just change tactics a bit like in Woe and MVP. If they change the chance of being stun by hammerfall, I just make my blacksmith use hammerfall twice by using more pots. If they change the atk speed on a knight when they quicken, I just make sure that I use it at the right time or just make a new hybrid that uses both spear and two-hand.

If I would say anything about veterans and their veteran experience. There are those who are afraid changes and those who take on the challenge to change with those changes.

[Image: tumblr_ny8egaizy41ugfaiio1_500.gif]
09-20-2014 02:28 PM
cane 33 Offline
Pancake

The 90% of players wanted this new SVN, garr worked and he is still working a lot (you can't imagine how much). This new SvN is perfect.

Hit lock halfed? Now play HW is harder but meh: I found this too much fun. Sometimes a game need to be hard for be fun.

More posi lag? Only for you: now that mobs hit lock hafed I got absolute no problems with position lag.

And if Iw ant to be honest, MvPing with HW has cool news too: the slaves won't attack you before him boss, you can't tele mobs with SG for error and the skill EQ is incredible weak now (Tank Ifrit's EQ withrandom gears? So easy).

You just need to change a bit your tactic for mvp and won't change absolute nothing, but maybe change is hard: better play always the same game, the same dungeuon.

Why instead you don't speak about SM? Now you can reflect him and kill him in 2/3. Why you don't speak about this? Maybe bcs u're abusing on that asd

Be coerence

[Image: 2uikp3q.jpg]

Ren is the best
09-20-2014 04:05 PM