Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Share BG Points On Account
Menace651 Offline

Share BG Points On Account

This has probably been suggested before but it would be nice to be able to share BG points to all characters on an account. I don't see why players should be forced to play a class they don't want to just to get a specific BG gear for that class. Players should be given the versatility to play and switch classes as they want and still be able to earn the gear they want.

People are now also "dicing" in BG to earn points for their non-pvp characters which is kind of lame and defeats the whole point of PVP. Allow BG point sharing on an account so people can bring in some serious PVP characters but still be able to earn gears for their other characters. Or allow players to buy all the gears for all classes.

Just @who2 Menace ingame. You should find me if I'm on. thanks!
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2014 02:36 AM by Menace651.)
10-01-2014 02:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

RE: Share BG Points On Account

I agree. Also, Dicing has been around a while. I think it's something Boon came up with so he could get his gears faster.

Don't have nearly enough time to waste any more for all of the character's I would want BG gears on.

[Image: giphy.gif]
The Oka Compendium
: A glorified record of my alt-a-holic-ism. May or may not be up to date at any given point.
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2014 06:21 AM by The Legendary Joe.)
10-01-2014 06:17 AM
ChaosPrince Offline
Troll Prince

well, this is a players matter:
1)Dice proposed, you dice, you win, kill them;
2) you dice, you lose, kill them anyways;

gg
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2014 11:08 AM by ChaosPrince.)
10-01-2014 11:07 AM
demishock Offline
Natural Selection

What's dicing?

To help:
Join Test & Dev and/or our heRO wiki
Apply to be a GM or mod
Vote and Review

For help:
Submit a support ticket
Check the heRO wiki

[Image: 29bnhpd.jpg]
10-01-2014 01:56 PM
Menace651 Offline

(10-01-2014 01:56 PM)demishock Wrote:  What's dicing?

sarcasm?

Dicing is pretty much going into a BG battle and then having one person from each team using the /dice command. The person who gets the higher number gets to kill the opposite team without a fight.

Yes you could be an ass and just go in and kill the other team anyway like ChaosPrince pointed out. But then people will just leave BG or not key for you.

Just @who2 Menace ingame. You should find me if I'm on. thanks!
10-01-2014 02:04 PM
GM-Rahice Offline
The Malevolent Queen Maleficent

Demishock wasn't actually trying to be sarcastic, she's a lone wolf when it comes to leveling/grinding.. I doubt that she has Battlegrounded that much.

[Image: Rahice.gif]
Thank you Ren for the Signature!
10-01-2014 02:27 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Wow I figured someone would start doing something like this for BG eventually.
Doesn't really matter much to me, as long as I get points and don't get DC'd every two secs (like old BG).

But I'll agree, it is more fun when there's a real fight. However, players will do what they want, and there isn't much GM's can do to prevent this. Even if a rule was implemented, it would be hard to enforce with groups of friends doing this for each other, and then not tattling.

Edit: Ehhh, I just wanted to add an extra detail to one of my sentences.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2014 03:44 PM by Aaronock.)
10-01-2014 03:43 PM
Demogorgon Offline
Awesome

il log if i see dicing, this is such bs, if you just wanna get everything wo playing the game then by all means, bot or cheat or whatever. people dice for bg gears,muspel for 99 rush and then reflect kill mvps for cheap gear,im loosing more and more interest in this game,does anyone even wanna still play this game like it is intended.?!
at this rate lets just make a poll for free 99/70 full geared char from NPC.
/rant

If you stare into the Abyss there's a 1d20 chance that 2d4 lesser Tanari'i
stare back at you
10-01-2014 04:10 PM
demishock Offline
Natural Selection

Rahice is correct. I don't currently BG but I might someday if I can get my ninja's level up. But anyway thanks for the explanation, Menace. I figured it had to do with the dice command; just wasn't sure how that would have any bearing on BG. The more you know...

To help:
Join Test & Dev and/or our heRO wiki
Apply to be a GM or mod
Vote and Review

For help:
Submit a support ticket
Check the heRO wiki

[Image: 29bnhpd.jpg]
10-01-2014 04:43 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

(10-01-2014 02:04 PM)Menace651 Wrote:  
(10-01-2014 01:56 PM)demishock Wrote:  What's dicing?

sarcasm?

Dicing is pretty much going into a BG battle and then having one person from each team using the /dice command. The person who gets the higher number gets to kill the opposite team without a fight.

Yes you could be an ass and just go in and kill the other team anyway like ChaosPrince pointed out. But then people will just leave BG or not key for you.
Dicing is only a system made by people who don't really care about the PVP aspect of BG and merely wish to get the points for the gears. It was kinda implemented by Boon so he could get himself geared quicker.

It's a bit of an honor system. If you go that route, the odds are stacked against you as you're never really certain if your teammates will have your back. There's a chance you can still win if you're destroyed in that 1 v 3 Matchup if your side still dices well, but meh.

Being an oldbie with no BG gears to my name, I am quite outmatched against all these new people with their BG weapons and gears. I'm lucky I have a thara, a marc, ED and a few other status armors, Noxious and raydric all at +7 or higher on fairly decent def armors, but I still get taken down like a fly. Maybe If I'm lucky, I'll fight a team of snipers on my Battle High priest with my arsenal of ranged resist gears (Pneuma and 80-ish% Ranged resist ftw).

I suppose this is a different take on the Old vrs new stance. I'm older than BG is on this server, but because I've not done BG a whole lot, the odds are increasingly stacked against people who also haven't done BG.

I don't mind working for my gears, but quite frankly, I worked my butt off for what I got and now it's obsolete. If there were more fun parts than just KVM, I may have less issues with BG. It's not fun, It's hope you get paired up with someone good or hope you get slaughtered quickly to get to the next match so you can have better luck with your point income.

I mean, I still try to put up a fight but when you're getting knocked out first time EVERY SINGLE TIME, it gets hard to develop any sort of feeling even close to love for PVP or BG.

I've always lacked the proper mindset for PVP and don't really see rushing in to the same people killing me in the same ways countless times fun in any way. Most of what I want in RO is to have fun, and when I'm in a guild that asks me to woe, get geared for that crap and try my best to help out.

Now that BG gears are glaringly dominant over most other gears in any sort of PVP/GVG engagement, I am forced with a decision. Dedicate Hours and hours and hours doing something I don't enjoy in the slightest to attempt to earn enough Points for gears, or do something else entirely and say "screw woe, screw pvp, I do what I want." At that point, I'd rather farm cards, gears and eluniums/oridecons from the wild than BG, but with a few notable exceptions, most of the stuff I'd be able to farm would be as obsolete as what I have now.

As such a raging alt-a-holic as I am, it'd be AMAZINGLY helpful for my vast arsenal of characters would have shared BG points so the times I do actually muster up my will to go in for a few rounds, it merely has to be on the same account as what I want to get stuff for.

Maybe we can add additional rules that have you go in with generic NPC gears instead.

[Image: giphy.gif]
The Oka Compendium
: A glorified record of my alt-a-holic-ism. May or may not be up to date at any given point.
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2014 05:42 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
10-01-2014 05:18 PM